Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bulb, cheap gas/ electric

Just switched Energy companies, to Bulb from British Gas, saving about £350 a year. Nearly the price of a season ticket if Roland ever ##### off!  I have a link if anyone’s interested & it’s £75 each for me & you if you sign up 😀. Everyone’s a winner.  
www.bulb.me/richardh7361

Comments

• I use these as well and they are really good. The energy is all from sustainable sources, and it's ridiculously cheap.

The customer service is really good as well. I emailed them with a query a few weeks ago and they didn't get back to me for a few days-  it was no problem as it wasn't a rush. Fast forward a week and I got a notification telling me they were crediting my account £10 as it took them more than 5 days to get back to me with a response, I didn't complain or even chase up on the email they just did it off their own back.

Shameless plug of my own link - www.bulb.me/christopher6546 
  • Yeah I moved from the absolutely awful Economy Energy to Bulb and they've been really good so far.
  • My only issue with Bulb thus far is that they aren't currently able to offer smart metering. 
  • My only issue with Bulb thus far is that they aren't currently able to offer smart metering. 
    Smart metering is a myth, no advantage to it at all. You get a little gizmo that sits on the side telling you how much energy you are using, the laugh is you have to plug it in and use electricity to run it.

Your bills tell you everything you need to know and with on line facilities now you can log on once a week, month, quarter to put in your meter readings to update you on spend. 

They emailed me last week telling me they are starting to offer smart metering in my area and I could book in an engineer to attend and program etc, so I guess it is something they are rolling out.
    The savings make it worthwhile though. 
    No hardship sending a reading in. 
  • How funny, signed up with them today. 

Moved in December, old owners had a pay as you go. Whilst it was simple enough to get that changed, I had some issues with the account that took forever to get sorted. Painful experience with British Gas.

Decided to move, keep hearing good things about Bulb. 
  • Bulb were not cheapest for me, but were in the top 3. I stayed with my current supplier. However the main comparison sites didn't have my current supplier's exact tariff so i had to be careful not to go with their recommendations.
    The Which switching service did have it so i would use them in future;
    https://switch.which.co.uk/
  • Been with Bulb for 10 months and they seem to do what they claim. Happy to recommend them. They do look for payment in advance so yu will nearly always be in credit with them, but they do adjust the direct debit if your consumption is less than they predict. Always worth sending them meter rreadings every two months as they suggest.

Get one installed by your current supplier first and then move? https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232092-Can-I-switch-to-Bulb-with-a-smart-meter-

I have one that British Gas installed in January. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of advice.....if you ever come across an energy supply company called Enstroga steer well clear.....absolutely hopeless customer service, take your money and sit on it without giving you any refunds or allowing for the fact that you use far less gas & lecky than the direct debit they take each month.....been waiting months for a reduction, so I cancelled and still I haven’t got my refund 6 months later!
    Oh I been with Bulb for a couple of years now at least. I think they are great and no issue with sending readings in online. So easy. Just wanted smart metering but reading other commnets on here it seems it will be coming soon to Bulb customers.
  • Was, Still am with First Utilty but its now called Shell Energy. No idea if it will change but they've always been competitive and good to deal with.
    Oh I been with Bulb for a couple of years now at least. I think they are great and no issue with sending readings in online. So easy. Just wanted smart metering but reading other commnets on here it seems it will be coming soon to Bulb customers.

According to their website, their roll-out started earlier this year. 
  • Was, Still am with First Utilty but its now called Shell Energy. No idea if it will change but they've always been competitive and good to deal with.
    Me too. Always had a good deal with FU, but having dealt with Shell commercially in the past I am not a fan.
    Deal is nearing renewal, so I'll see what they offer. Never had an issue with FU, simple monthly reading submission and DD amended when necessary, up and down.
    Built up a biggish credit (I work away a lot) and it was refunded no problem when I requested so online.
  • Used Bulb for the past year. Easy and simple to use and submit meter readings to. 
  • Just clicked the bulb link, is it really £92 a month direct debit? I know it'll be on credit but that seems a lot. 
  • edited May 2019
    SoEnergy are also decent.
  • If you turn off things you are not using, how do smart meters save you money?

• Just switched Energy companies, to Bulb from British Gas, saving about £350 a year. Nearly the price of a season ticket if Roland ever ##### off!  I have a link if anyone’s interested & it’s £75 each for me & you if you sign up 😀. Everyone’s a winner.  
    www.bulb.me/richardh7361
    Just signed up. I got a referral link too but only 50 quid, won't put it on here though I think two is enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

by coincidence I was in Morrisons, Doncaster over the weekend and got a quote from  Shell Energy reps selling their wares in-store .. the quote per month was a staggering £23 per month higher than my present joint fuel bill .. I am with EDF, a contract that expires early next year .. we'll see if there is a massive price hike then
  • They were quite expensive for me. I went with pure planet.
  • Problem with smart meters is they're difficult to bypass.