Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeremy Kyle Show cancelled

The Jeremy Kyle Show has been permanently cancelled following the death of a guest.

ITV said today that they had taken the decision to scrap the controversial show due to the "gravity of recent events."

Carolyn McCall, ITV’s CEO, announced: “Given the gravity of recent events we have decided to end production of The Jeremy Kyle Show.

“The Jeremy Kyle Show has had a loyal audience and has been made by a dedicated production team for 14 years, but now is the right time for the show to end.

"Everyone at ITV's thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Steve Dymond.”

Comments

• What are Uni students going to watch now!? God help them if countdown goes too!
  • You have to wonder why they've not cancelled Love Island though?

Bet a few people on here will hate me for saying that due to the eye candy but whats the difference in the deaths created as a result of Love Island compared with the Jeremy Kyle show?
  • it doesn't help that previous guests have also come out to say their story lines were all made up and the crew new about it, one person even  claiming that they filmed one show then left got hair cuts, new clothes etc and went back and filmed the "follow up show" the following day. 
  • edited May 2019
    Something else has happened that hasnt been reported.

Its the only reason JK has been cancelled and Love Island hasnt IMO
  • where is JK going to find money for the ponies now?
    He is still under contract with ITV and they have said they will support him with future projects
    Give it a year and he'll either be on Channel 5 with the exact same show title or he'll be back on ITV  with a new show where Jeremy goes walking in the dark parts of Britain's streets trying to expose the cheats / drug users of our communities
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:
    Should have been cancelled years ago.
    Agreed - just because of how painfully shit it is. 
  • it doesn't help that previous guests have also come out to say their story lines were all made up and the crew new about it, one person even  claiming that they filmed one show then left got hair cuts, new clothes etc and went back and filmed the "follow up show" the following day. 
    It does restore the tiniest bit of faith in our society. 

I always hoped and suspected  that a fair fair chunk of it was set up. 

The same questions kept coming back to me...

1) How do they keep finding such lowlifes?
    2) Why do said lowlifes agree to go on a national tv show to display their skankiness for everyone to see?
  • edited May 2019
    it doesn't help that previous guests have also come out to say their story lines were all made up and the crew new about it, one person even  claiming that they filmed one show then left got hair cuts, new clothes etc and went back and filmed the "follow up show" the following day. 

2) Why do said lowlifes agree to go on a national tv show to display their skankiness for everyone to see?
    a lot of the guests are on benefits etc despite being perfectly capable of working - they get paid to go on there and once you have little shame why not.
    regarding the outrage compared to say love island is ridiculous. 
  • We will have to change the song next year at the SpannerDome...

He's coming for you!
    He's coming for you...oo...oo!
    ?????????
    He's coming for you!
  • edited May 2019
    Makes me laugh how no one even questioned the programme when it was being aired and now people who worked on/appeared in it are crawling out of the woodwork with horror stories.

Watched it a couple of times and it was pretty awful though.
    The same thing happens every time a show gets ‘axed’ or someone gets sacked. Suddenly no one ever liked it/them anyway.
  • Just dawned on me that Jeremy Kyle and Matthew Wright isn't the same person 
  • Something else has happened that hasnt been reported.

Whats makes you say that Paulie?
    Really? The show’s been running for 14 years, why are those stories only just coming out now?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    I can say, I was only complaining about it to my wife last week. I don't watch it, but I may be somewhere where somebody else is and it always makes me angry. Then you see Kyle being matey with Ant and Dec and having his own show as some sort of champion of the people and it makes you want to puke.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

You only quoted half my comment, i said why I thought that in the other half

Palace are just as entitled to coverage as Charlton
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Ahhhh gotcha.  Yeah, now I've re-read that makes sense.  Thought you knew something for a minute.  Christ, 6 week old baby and lack of sleep is frying my brain cells.
  • JaShea99 said:
    it doesn't help that previous guests have also come out to say their story lines were all made up and the crew new about it, one person even  claiming that they filmed one show then left got hair cuts, new clothes etc and went back and filmed the "follow up show" the following day. 
    Really? The show’s been running for 14 years, why are those stories only just coming out now?
    they probably got paid and free accommodation/travel and had signed something to say they couldn't but now think what the hell, its going down the shitter anyway
  • You have to wonder why they've not cancelled Love Island though?

Bet a few people on here will hate me for saying that due to the eye candy but whats the difference in the deaths created as a result of Love Island compared with the Jeremy Kyle show?
    Love Island generates a shit ton of money for ITV.
    Horrible way to look at it, but like you why cancel one and not the other?

• edited May 2019
    Maybe things would be clearer if we saw the episode. You can sort of work it out though. We know a lie detector test was involved and we know Kyle can tear into people who fail it. Of course, most of them don't commit suicide. When somebody does after a typical Kyle verbal assault, it looks bad.
    Thought your new hair do was alright mate but your new threads were shocking.