Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SKY TV prices

Just had my bank statement and see that i'm paying £75.50pm. Thats for SKY TV, Entertainment package (inc box sets), Sports and HD.  I dont have broadband as dont want it with SKY. I have been with them for donkeys years and never haggled.

What are people paying for similar packages as I am sure I am paying too much.

Comments

• Are Line rental and movies included in that
  • My bill for that lot broken down is £39.

£17 - Entertainment (10 discount)
    £12 - Ultimate on demand
    £9 - Sports (19 discount)
    £0 - Sports HD (6 discount)
    £1 - SkyHD (£4 discount)
  • We had a 'new customer deal' 18 months ago, had the lot apart from movies. This was for TV only, no phone or broadband. As soon as the deal ended we were paying £88 a month.

Last week I called to say we weren't happy with the price and they told me they could offer us the same package for £73. I told them I still wasn't happy and wanted to cancel my subscription. They then passed me on to their 'retention team' who after a few minutes, and after a few angry words about Sky, reduced it further to £58, which was exactly what we were paying for the previous 18 months!

So yes, call them up and haggle.

• clb74 said:
    Are Line rental and movies included in that
    No
  • I managed to get it knocked down to £52 and still think it's a rip off.
    Sky Entertainment £15
    Box Sets                £1
    HD                        £1
    Cinema and Sports £22
    Multi room            £13
    and that's sky q, so definitely haggle with them.
  • Sky Entertainment £22
    Box Sets                £1
    HD                        £3
    Cinema and Sports £17

• I think it is harder to do deals now than it was. New customers seem to be the ones they go for.
  • To get the best deals, you now have to cancel or leave it very late. I called, they made an offer, no good, went through to retentions and it wasn't much better so cancelled. A day before I was due to cancel, went on to their online chat, said any last offers before I sign up for virgin and then done a decent one for me.
  • I think it is harder to do deals now than it was. New customers seem to be the ones they go for.
    They do a deal with me every year Muttley.

• Sponsored links:

• The movies package is extremely expensive for what it is. Especially with Netflix on the SkyQ platform and every single movie very easily streamed in HD on places like movies123, or available for one-off fees on Sky Store or Amazon. 

There are often deals for it too. A quid for three months or whatever. You can get through all the movies you want to see in that time, cancel and wait a few months for some decent movies to come along and start again. 
  • Rang up when I was paying full price. Without any real haggling they reduced the price by a 3rd. Currently pay £57 for all channels (no broadband with them). Easiest saving I have ever made. 
  • I have Sky sports app on my phone for £10.99 per month which is ok and within reason can watch it anywhere. I cast (chromecast or casting directly to TV) directly to my TV and with a good TV perfectly good picture.

What Sky are charging fro Satellite TV is a ripp off.

• edited May 2019
    • Sky Q Bundle
    £44.00
    • Sky Sports - Complete Pack
    £28.00
    • Sky Cinema
    £11.00
    • Sky Q Silver Bundle
    £12.00
    • See It First
    FREE
    • Sky WiFi
    FREE
    • Sky Talk Anytime Extra
    £10.00
    • Sky Talk Line Rental
    £18.99
    • Caller Display
    FREE
    • Withhold Number (all calls)
    FREE
    • 1571 - Voicemail
    £2.00
    • Sky Fibre Unlimited
    £22.00
    Bill total£153.48

Starting to think I might be paying a bit too much
  • It's all about IPTV... 50quid for the year, and you get everything at 4K standard... 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    It's all about IPTV... 50quid for the year, and you get everything at 4K standard... 
    Is that this site? - https://iptv.shop/
  • So many different suppliers, but it looks like one.. If you interested, I can recommend someone..
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    So many different suppliers, but it looks like one.. If you interested, I can recommend someone..
    Yeah would definitely be interested in looking into it
  • PM me, and i'll share details with you
    That’s not true . I ring up every year ( as I did last month ) and they always knock a fair amount off my bill .
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll try again then
    No way. Every time my contract ends I haggle for a new deal and get one. 

Phone them again and tell them your leaving. Cancel the contract if you have to. In the 30 day notice period they will almost certainly contact you and offer you a dral
  • edited May 2019

realised last month that I was paying £103 / month. This included Phone / broadband, Movies and the general package. No sport.

I was put through to "retention" and the latest quote is £69 including movies and sport. I am due to call them back to say still not acceptable as equivalent BT is £54...

• realised last month that I was paying £103 / month. This included Phone / broadband, Movies and the general package. No sport.

I was put through to "retention" and the latest quote is £69 including movies and sport. I am due to call them back to say still not acceptable as equivalent BT is £54...

Really, I’m paying similar to you. Contracts up soon.  Don’t even need a landline but have to because of the internet! 
  • Sky Q including two mini boxes
    Sky Sports
    Sky Cinema
    Sky Entertainment
    Sky Box Sets
    Sky Kids
    HD
    Fibre Optic 36MB
    Phone Line

All for £73 a month from a Black Friday deal last year.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    It's all about IPTV... 50quid for the year, and you get everything at 4K standard... 
    Interesting. Anyone else using this?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Now TV £7.99 (just entertainment)
    Netflix £7.99 
    Amazon Prime £6.50
    I pay for the 24 HR sky sports pass as needed and can use Google ay Movies to rent new releases (as well as Amazon) as needed.

This shows the adavantges of streaming TV off the internet. Obviously you need  decent internet connectivity, probably fibre but so many companies are competing now it's so much cheaper anyway.  In the long term I don't see how Sky can compete, unless they remove the satelite dish.
  • £38pm for everything except movies.

No internet or phone line with them either.