Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations to Chris Wilder

... for winning the League Managers Association award as Manager of the Year.

Just think, had it not been for the hostility from our rabble of so-called "supporters" to Mr Duchatelet's inspired choice, we could have had this skilled professional in charge at our club, with automatic promotion assured, instead of suffering a play-off lottery with a redundant fish-pond supervisor at the helm. 

Comments

• Congratulations to Chris W.

As for the post...

Just weird...

You fishing ?
  • I knew united would come good. He taught me football skills training in Hillsborough Park when I was a teenager. Think he was a Barnsley youth player at the rime. Always wondered what would happen to him in his football career. Not much as it happens. 😉 
  • Nice of you to come on here and create this congratulatory thread Roland

Now piss off!!
  • Always good to see someone do well at their home town club ( with some exceptions) and it wouldn't have happened without the advice and wise words of Charlton fans.
    Chris Wilder ended up with the ideal job at the ideal club for him. It was a close shave but the Blades was right for Wilder.  Cafc would've been a bad fit because of the off field malarkey.

Charlton is Ideal for Lee Bowyer and only a Douchebag could ruin this dream for Our two old boys Lee and JJ. Plus all Charlton fans.
  • You've got to question how much effort the LMA put in to research who deserves some awards

Dan Cowley (Lincoln) won Manager of the Year for League Two

Mick Harford on the other hand won the award for League One - When Luton were already top already on a run and was only in charge for the last few months of the season, and even then could easily have thrown the automatic places away had Portsmouth not lost to Peterborough at the end of the season

Surely Daniel Stendel | Lee Bowyer | Wally Downes would have been better choices based on their longer spells in charge and what they each achieved on their respective issues - Hence how Wilder won overall Manager of the Year over Guardiola and Farke
  • You've got to question how much effort the LMA put in to research who deserves some awards

Dan Cowley (Lincoln) won Manager of the Year for League Two

Mick Harford on the other hand won the award for League One - When Luton were already top already on a run and was only in charge for the last few months of the season, and even then could easily have thrown the automatic places away had Portsmouth not lost to Peterborough at the end of the season

Surely Daniel Stendel | Lee Bowyer | Wally Downes would have been better choices based on their longer spells in charge and what they each achieved on their respective issues - Hence how Wilder won overall Manager of the Year over Guardiola and Farke
    Yes, Harford did an excellent job but surely Nathan Jones should earn the reward if anyone for Luton's season!
  • Even Harford himself said in post-match interviews that he wasnt changing anything that Nathan Jones did and was just ensuring that the players went into the next game full of the same confidence that got them through other games

Not going to lie I think its impressive as imagine a lot of Managers wouldnt come and just leave things untouched yet would want to put their own mark on the squad and the way they play... But sorry its Jones who deserves the credit for me
  • edited May 2019
    We all thought Luton would blow up when Jones left , Harford kept them going and they got promoted as Champions , so fair play I say