Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tutor for GCSE

can any one recommend a tutor for English and maths GCSE 
we live in the Eltham area 

Comments

• Thank you so much for correcting my mistakes. It was an honest request for help. No excuses but I do have cataracts in both eyes and I have misplaced my glasses. 
    It must give you a warm glow inside and make you feel very important to know you can make others feel small and belittle them in public.
  • I use these revision cards at work on my kids for maths they are pretty cool...

Google corbettmaths
  • I think @leuth does tutoring
  • We’ve been using a maths Tutor, really pleased with him. He lives in Sidcup so local (we’re in Lee). Drop me a note if you want his details.
  • Incoming!
  • I have no idea what the website is like but I recently read that this website is good. Www.schoolexams.co.uk.  
  • Thanks to everyone for their suggestions 
    My grandson is having a difficult time at school at the moment and we are trying to find ways to help him gain confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Check out that website mate if you have time.
  • I used to get my students to use the BBC Bitesize, which does most subjects, helping revision at home.
    https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/levels/z98jmp3
  • edited May 2019
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions 
    My grandson is having a difficult time at school at the moment and we are trying to find ways to help him gain confidence.
    I can’t really suggest my sons old maths tutor as we’re a far from you. But I know without doubt you are doing the right thing. My son was far too laid back and probably lazy. We had guy come round once week for one to one teaching. He was also given homework. It worked out well, my son took his maths GCSE a year early and passed, it surprised a few.
     I wished my parents had done the same for me but I cannot remember anyone doing this back in the late ‘70s.
  • I suggest getting "Memory Coach" by Dr Gareth Moore. Got mine for only £2.50.

It is very useful and it will help cement your grandsons memory.

It contains 40 tasks. Only takes 10-20 mins a day at the very maximum.

It certainly wouldn't hurt. I'm on the 10th task and my short term memory has already made an improvement.

Just makes me see things in a clearer kind of way. 
    It makes a lot of sense.
  • Capital C to start and comma between GCSE and we.
    Semi colon, not comma 
  • Thanks to everyone for their suggestions 
    Is he having a difficult time just with his lessons or is something else going on?
  • MrOneLung said:
    I think @leuth does tutoring
    I was being serious !
  • Indeed I do tutor for a living! And I can certainly teach English and Maths GCSE. 

Not sure about my current availability during termtime, but I'll certainly be around during the summer. 

I'd recommend Tutorfair as a useful service. I'm on there as well. But also happy to work directly.
  • I use these revision cards at work on my kids for maths they are pretty cool...

Google corbettmaths
    Better than abbottmaths I suppose!
  • I don't mind sharing a few pointers on spelling and grammar