Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wearing your teams colours

Been going to games all over Europe now for several years and I’ve noticed fans wear their team colours much more on the continent than here, especially in Germany. So today went down to the Valley and bought myself a new scarf, first time in over 40 years, I’ve bought shirts at different times though. Would be great to see the Valley awash in Red and White on Friday.

Comments

• you need an edit ... wear & their ?? 
  • Best title ever.
  • I'll be wearing an old Charlton shirt. Vintage is in after all.
  • A Donny fan on the train home on Sunday, asked me why our supporters were wearing approximately 28 different types of shirt.

It was a long answer.
    just 28 ? .. ((:>)
  • edited May 2019
    ralph wiggum grammar GIF

Much better just put an apostrophe after 'team' and it's job done :wink:. And I agree :+1:
  • A Donny fan on the train home on Sunday, asked me why our supporters were wearing approximately 28 different types of shirt.

It was a long answer.
    just 28 ? .. ((:>)
    And that was just one bloke...  
  • Got my CAFC flat cap that I bought at my first ever game, at home to Newcastle at Selhurst. Only gets worn at Wembley, praying for the opportunity to give it an airing.

No colours before that.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    My son had the Ecru Prem away and Redbus home shirts out on Sunday morning and asked my opinion on wearing one of them. When I looked closer at the Redbus one it had Parker on the reverse and he said 'Do you think I'll get away with it because we'll have a Parker in the line up?'. I had to advise him against it given the grudge still born by many against SP.
  • RedChaser said:
    ralph wiggum grammar GIF

Much better just put an apostrophe after 'team' and it's job done :wink:. And I agree :+1:
    Sorry I’m dyslexic and shows at times, thanks for the help 😂
  • Sunday was my Woolwich Red day. I had the privilege of meeting @Prince-e-Paul on Sunday who was wearing the Woolwich Blue, and I saw another Woolwich Blue too.
    The protest shirt lost out to tradition for me.
  • Grown men shouldn't be wearing football shirts.  Makes them look like nonces.
    Can I still wear the shorts / socks / shin pads with my trainers on warm days?

You may.
  • Seems we sell a scarf every time we make the play-offs.  I hope for your sake AveryAddick, you have a lot of cash. 
    Yeh but has your Mrs never said to you Brendan 'Just grow up your're acting like a big kid' ?  ;)
  • Chizz said:
    Seems we sell a scarf every time we make the play-offs.  I hope for your sake AveryAddick, you have a lot of cash. 
    As I said first scarf in 40 years , hope it’s a lucky one .
  • Sponsored links:

Never had you down as a Full Kit W*nker mate  ;).
  • RedChaser said:
    Grown men shouldn't be wearing football shirts.  Makes them look like nonces.
    Never had you down as a Full Kit W*nker mate  ;).
    Yeah I know... was just the w*nker part of me that people knew until now ;)
  • Whatever happened to rosettes? Probably haven't seen one at a football ground since the 70s.
  • Katie would have had the club shop full of "half n' half" Charlton/Donny scarves by now.
  • Whatever happened to rosettes? Probably haven't seen one at a football ground since the 70s.

• T_C_E said:
    Katie would have had the club shop full of "half n' half" Charlton/Donny scarves by now.
    What, red and white?  :D
    I think they got banned as part of Operation Yewtree. 
  • As much as I didn't want to line Rolands pockets, I couldn't resist the 25 years back at the Valley shirt that we wore vs Pompey. That will be getting a run out on Friday
  • I think it's seen as a bit chavvy, bit too benidorm for my liking 
    I have one from football league v rest of the world game at Wembley in 1987 but haven't seen them since.