Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ebbsfleet FC in trouble like Bolton.

Wages not being paid etc.

Comments

• think as a few have said on here before can see a lot of clubs from league 1 downwards just disappearing 
  • Ebbsfleet owner still interested in a theme park?.
  • edited April 2019
    Excuse my ignorance but aren’t the owners rich Kuwaiti’s and a few years ago were being heralded as possible saviours of CAFC or have I got that completely wrong.
  • Ebbsfleet owner still interested in a theme park?.
    My understanding was the theme park ain't happening, so the money for Ebbsfleet has dried up.
  • Excuse my ignorance but aren’t the owners rich Kuwaiti’s and a few years ago were being heralded as possible saviours of CAFC or have I got that completely wrong.
    Definitely Kuwaiti...
  • Nope - they still plan to open two parks and have now renamed it "The London Resort". KEH are still involved.
  • Should never gave sacked Steve Brown!
  • Sponsored links:

• Peter Varney to save them.
  • Peter Varney to save them.
    Varney was the first out the door when the money stopped a few years back. (for health reasons I think he said).
  • It's been going on for ages at the fleet.  The players have done incredible under the circumstances.   As I said on the Ebbsfleet forum, I think we now know why Varney left the club. He didn't want to be associated with this shit!!!

I feel a bit sorry for Dave Archer in all this. An honourable man, who's caught in the middle of a shit storm!

• I feel a bit sorry for Dave Archer in all this. An honourable man, who's caught in the middle of a shit storm!
    He left in the summer to join CAFCWomen and then a week later went back to fleet.
  • Another club in financial trouble.

Gateshead's players and coaching staff say they will go on strike unless owner Dr Ranjan Varghese sells up.

Varghese put the National League club up for sale last month and has agreed a deal in principle with former Rochdale chairman Chris Dunphy.

Gateshead's next scheduled game is against Ebbsfleet at home on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47789283

• Players not being paid again... how’s it going chaps who defected over to them? Boycotting Ebbsfleet games now?
  • The idea that this is all down to AML checks is such bollocks, he's lost interest and wants rid is the truer view of it. 
  • Strange.....I always thought it somehow had a tie in with the huge theme park which is/was planned for the area.
    Early doors they certainly made some pretty significant claims as to where they would take the club......so much for that!
    IMHO, I think it had more to do with the location of the property rather than making the club a successful going concern with realistically achievable ambitions.
    Wonder what ‘defector’ John Copus makes of it all?
    Is Steve Sutherland still involved by the way?
  • Sponsored links:

• Despite what the club say, I fear the end is nigh unless there's a change of ownership
  • Strange.....I always thought it somehow had a tie in with the huge theme park which is/was planned for the area.
    Early doors they certainly made some pretty significant claims as to where they would take the club......so much for that!
    IMHO, I think it had more to do with the location of the property rather than making the club a successful going concern with realistically achievable ambitions.
    and strangely now the theme park has hit the skids so has his interest in Ebbsfleet.
  • The could all ways change there name again for 2 million pounds 🤣🤣
  • buckshee said:
    Strange.....I always thought it somehow had a tie in with the huge theme park which is/was planned for the area.
    and strangely now the theme park has hit the skids so has his interest in Ebbsfleet.
    Has it ?  Only a week or so back they announced a deal with ITV having previously signed up BBC.
  • 'Most staff' now paid at Ebbsfleet according to Radio Kent earlier this evening.
  • Chippy - where are you ?

You usually have so much to say when Ebbsfleet are mentioned on this forum.........
  • Hex said:
    buckshee said:
    Strange.....I always thought it somehow had a tie in with the huge theme park which is/was planned for the area.
    Has it ?  Only a week or so back they announced a deal with ITV having previously signed up BBC.
    As the latest name for the proposed theme park is "The London Resort" maybe Ebbsfleet will change their name again
  • I am here still top Kent non league club... Sad to see the others fall by the wayside this week. 
  • Course Dartford season ended in September...