Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players to buy....

Naturally when we get promoted ...(!)

Wilks (no.7), the Donny left back(no.3) and Marquis.

Him and Lyle would be horrible to play against.  South  London Lad too.

Comments

• I don't rate Marquis at all.
  • GRAY9 said:
    I don't rate Marquis at all.
    Only 66 goals over the last three seasons.
  • Messi should do it.
  • Not wanting to be negative but depends if we've got a management team to sign them first...

Also I'm pretty sure I saw Taylor tug Marquis' ponytail at some point so not sure they'd be the best of mates.
  • A lot of very talented free agents floating about this summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Free being the key word
  • Ross said:

Priorities:

Keep Taylor, Aribo and Bauer

Get Bielik and Cullen back on loan.

I'd keep all our loanees, it depends on our League next season - i.e. If we're League One then we wont get Bielik or Cullen back, with regard to Purrington we have to remember his parent club would be our rivals next season as Rotherham are back in League One so might be reluctant to sell him to us

If we get promoted to the Championship I'd even consider seeing us trying to keep Chris Maxwell (or re-sign Ben Amos?) if either are prepared to potentially be No.2; Dillon has shown he deserves the Goalkeeper jersey but Championship Football could be a step up even for him
  • Mullins and Purse.
  • Ross said:

Priorities:

Keep Taylor, Aribo and Bauer

Get Bielik and Cullen back on loan.

Agree. But sadly I don't think of them will happen. The madman will sell Taylor before he gets into the last year of his contract, Aribo will move to a much bigger club than us (maybe a Premier League team will take a chance on him) and Bauer looks as if he has decided he wants a change of scenery.

As for the loanees, hasn't Pellegrini said he wants to take another look at Cullen? Bielik looks the best bet to return if we go up but even then I wonder whether the fine form he has shown might tempt Arsenal to give him a chance. 
  • Andy Delort?
  • Marquis impressed me.  A right pain to play against and would step up to the Champ ok i think, as a minimum as a 3rd choice-did i read on here he is free this summer?  Would be a very good signing if so.
  • A lot of very talented free agents floating about this summer
    Bowyer... 
    Jackson...
  • Sage said:
    No chance whatsoever of Wilks going anywhere, on loan from Leeds and they rate him very highly at the club. With Bielsa's coaching and Wilks improving his fitness, they have high hopes for him.

Oztumer is a very good shout. I also think we will be in the market for at least two strikers and I can really see us going after Mo Eisa, only played 22 minutes of Championship football this season for Bristol City, there is no chance he is going to be happy with that. Baffling how they didn't let us sign him. If Welbeck signs a new deal at Arsenal, and we get promoted, I think we might go after Eddie Nketiah as well.

A lot of course depends on new contracts being sorted out because we really need them sorted as soon as. Of course Bowyer, Jackson, Marshall, but also Aribo, hopefully Bauer, Forster-Caskey, Williams, Taylor on an extended deal, maybe Vetokele, and that is of course without having Cullen and Bielik back too.

Lots of work and lots of change I expect, but I hope we keep the main of the team because we have the potential of a very, very good team. 

I think Arsenal have already announced Welbeck is leaving on a free transfer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Eddie Nkeitah could be a good shout although Emery said that he'd consider replacing Aaron Ramsey with some of the youth players like Nkeitah (scored against Burnley yesterday) - Cullen though definitely wont be an early signing, he's already said he wants to go back to West Ham and aim for their First Team which is completely understandable
  • Agree with a lot of above. Won't be any "buys". Will all be released or out of contract players. Also heavily reliant on new loans again. Unlikely any of Cullen, Beilik, Aribo, Bauer or Vetokele will be here next season. People like Fosu and Marshall will obviously be gone. Purrington and Maxwell probably not around while Page is too injury prone imho. Think Taylor and Sarr have another year on their contracts so will be here.
    Most of this is true whichever division we are in. Lot of work for Bowyer and Gallen in the summer!
    Could change if miracle happens and we get a new owner. 
  • Wilks would be a very interesting proposition but can’t see Leeds letting him go. 
  • redman said:
    Agree with a lot of above. Won't be any "buys". Will all be released or out of contract players. Also heavily reliant on new loans again. Unlikely any of Cullen, Beilik, Aribo, Bauer or Vetokele will be here next season. People like Fosu and Marshall will obviously be gone. Purrington and Maxwell probably not around while Page is too injury prone imho. Think Taylor and Sarr have another year on their contracts so will be here.
    Most of this is true whichever division we are in. Lot of work for Bowyer and Gallen in the summer!
    You've cheered me right up
  • supaclive said:

We won't be buying anyone while Roland is in charge.  Freebies and loans only! Whatever league we are in... Close this thread!
  • Pedro45 said:
    supaclive said:

We won't be buying anyone while Roland is in charge.  Freebies and loans only! Whatever league we are in... Close this thread!
    Indeed.  It's no different to the transfer rumours thread except for the inaccuracy of using the word 'buy' in the title.
  • redman said:
    Agree with a lot of above. Won't be any "buys". Will all be released or out of contract players. Also heavily reliant on new loans again. Unlikely any of Cullen, Beilik, Aribo, Bauer or Vetokele will be here next season. People like Fosu and Marshall will obviously be gone. Purrington and Maxwell probably not around while Page is too injury prone imho. Think Taylor and Sarr have another year on their contracts so will be here.
    Summed up nicely there.
  • On a serious note I reckon our "marque" signing this summer will be Erhun Oztumer

We'll be going for players who are out of contract and are asking for low wages and low signing on fees
    Darren Bent?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Even if we go up and they want to come back Cullen and Bielik won't be available until the last minute, if at all, as both clubs will want to have a good look at them in pre season.  To gamble on them being available at the end of August would be a mistake IMO. 
    I think Cullen will be staying with West Ham next season, especially if they let Rice go. He is a good player that will kick on with his career and even tho hes only playing in league 1 this season ive seen enough to suggest he will play in the Prem