Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker

1235»

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    I don't really care what anyone else thinks or says on this subject. He left four months too early, simple as that. CAFC would have received the same amount (or more) in May, he would have received the same (or more) in wages and he would have been part of the England squad in Portugal that summer. And we would not even been having this debate, as he would be a hero to 95% of Addicks fans.  
    Ah yes great debating there.
    It's not up for debate Daz. It's a statement. Take it or leave it, it has been the case for 15 years, and will be until I draw me last breath...     
    Its an opinion though, so of course its up for a debate. In your opinion he left 4 months too early, others disagree like myself. 

I was gutted he left when he did, but cant really blame him for it. As others have stated he could easily have got injured, lost form or whatever, time as a footballer sometimes is precious and you need to take the opportunity.

Think of Shearer who could have played for Man United and won alot of trophies, he most certainly regrets it now even if he has earnt a great living and still does. Adored by the magpies etc. but i am sure he still regrets not joining them, might have even said it at some point. 

Ultimately i respect your opinion @Algarveaddick
    but its always one we will agree to disagree.  
    He’s right though ;-)
  • Nothing wrong with a young English coach getting an opportunity.

Good luck Scotty Parker! Hope he does well.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I don't really care what anyone else thinks or says on this subject. He left four months too early, simple as that. CAFC would have received the same amount (or more) in May, he would have received the same (or more) in wages and he would have been part of the England squad in Portugal that summer. And we would not even been having this debate, as he would be a hero to 95% of Addicks fans.  
    Ah yes great debating there.
    It's not up for debate Daz. It's a statement. Take it or leave it, it has been the case for 15 years, and will be until I draw me last breath...     
    Its an opinion though, so of course its up for a debate. In your opinion he left 4 months too early, others disagree like myself. 

I was gutted he left when he did, but cant really blame him for it. As others have stated he could easily have got injured, lost form or whatever, time as a footballer sometimes is precious and you need to take the opportunity.

Think of Shearer who could have played for Man United and won alot of trophies, he most certainly regrets it now even if he has earnt a great living and still does. Adored by the magpies etc. but i am sure he still regrets not joining them, might have even said it at some point. 

Ultimately i respect your opinion @Algarveaddick
    but its always one we will agree to disagree.  
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/2369668/shearer-no-united-regrets

This one is a fact. 

As I am still breathing, I stand by every word I wrote. Parker could have been hit by a meteorite, or contracted beri-beri, but he didn't. ;)    
  • I so hope this Fulham effort goes tits up the greedy c...
  • I don't really care what anyone else thinks or says on this subject. He left four months too early, simple as that. CAFC would have received the same amount (or more) in May, he would have received the same (or more) in wages and he would have been part of the England squad in Portugal that summer. And we would not even been having this debate, as he would be a hero to 95% of Addicks fans.  
    Thought I'd stumbed upon the Karlan Grant thread by mistake reading this (apart from the " Cafc whould have rec'd more money..."

Seems like it happens to us too often.....

It's not just Charlton though is it? Ipswich got relegated and we got Herman H and Matt Holland for under £1m each and later Darren Bent for £2.5m. All that lot for under £5m from the same club.  

Didn't Parker's wages go from £15k/week to £45k/week when he moved to Chelsea?

• Parker and his side kick Arter have never once said "Thank you" to the Academy. McGinty didn't look over his shoulder before scooting  off to Man U only to become the last player shown the door by Sir Alex.
  • Parker and his side kick Arter have never once said "Thank you" to the Academy. McGinty didn't look over his shoulder before scooting  off to Man U only to become the last player shown the door by Sir Alex.
    Wasn’t Arter released? Why would he thank them?
  • What's with the Parker love-in at the BBC lately? Completey over the top and unnecessary.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2021
    Judging by the league tables current status.

It looks like Scott parker will soon get relegated...again 🙂

I believe he's soon to have performed the triple with Fulham. Once as a player, twice as a manager.

Relegated with West ham. Probably on the brink of getting relegated with Newcastle if he stayed another season.

Dry your eyes mate
  • edited April 2021
    Even though I cannot stand him, find it boring with the same relegated teams going up and down. 

Fulham/WBA done, Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth coming up

Wonder whether he will get another chance to bring them up again.
  • Even though I cannot stand him, find it boring with the same relegated teams going up and down. 

Yes gets tedious doesn't it and West Brom will go back up again next year.
  • EPL becoming more and more a closed shop.  All that effort and excitement if getting there quickly evaporates into the tedium of being there.
  • Even though I cannot stand him, find it boring with the same relegated teams going up and down. 

Yes gets tedious doesn't it and West Brom will go back up again next year.
    Really hoping Barnsley win the play offs. I am going to be smashing the Bournemouth to win the play offs market, but hoping Barnsley win it.
  • In every one of the last 4 seasons, at least two of Norwich, West Brom and Fulham have been involved in a premier league relegation or championship promotion. 

The last 2 seasons (presuming Fulham do go down this season) all 3 of them have been involved in a PL relegation or Championship promotion. 
  • Yeh that side of it is a joke.

West brom are the devil's of it, along with Norwich.

Shouts go out to Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Newcastle, Fulham, Birmingham.

The yo-yo brigade
  • Palarse?
  • Sponsored links:

• spurs
  • Let it be palace and let us get them in a cup, spotty herbert.