Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster Information

Hello everyone 

First, can I introduce myself I am the Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) at Doncaster Rovers. I am here just to post a quick message and some information regarding your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium. 

On Sunday the Charlton fans will be allocated our North Stand and North East corner. There will be no tickets available on the day. If you have purchased tickets to collect on the day, these can be collected from the Club Doncaster Academy. The stewards and myself will be around to direct you if needed. 

Parking is available at the stadium in car park 3 at the price of £5. Disabled parking spaces can be booked through the clubs Box Office by calling 01302 762576.

Once you have arrived at the Keepmoat there will be food and drink available in the ground, the turnstiles will be open from around 10:45. 

We have also this season launched a ‘Family Section’ in the North East corner. Before the game kids can participate in fun, skill-based activities which include football drills and penalty practice. A face painter will be available as well as a games console to show off their FIFA skills. If you are in the North Stand please speak to the stewards who will take you across.

Below is a link to our away fans guide that was produced by the club with information regarding the Keepmoat and the surrounding areas. If you have the time it is well worth a read.

If you have any questions then please leave a comment, my email address is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk or you can tweet me at @drfc_away.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you all have a safe journey.

Kind Regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers FC  

Comments

• Hi Dean 
    Are there buses being laid on at the train station 
    Thanks Chris 
  • Sorry I'd be lying if I said good luck sunday
  • Thanks for the heads up Dean

Do you think there will be a few people to deal with fans collecting tickets or is it likely to be just one or two people?

Good luck in your hopes for promotion, hope you dont mind saying that I'd prefer it if you fail though
  • edited May 2019
    Dean, do you know how many staff will be distributing the Charlton tickets for collection ?
    If there's about 700 envelopes to be collected (1100 tickets), it might take one person 6 hours.
    Serious question.
  • edited May 2019
    Hi Dean, thanks for posting.

Given the unique situation of an early ko, huge number of ticket collections from ground, can you give some assurance Donny will have enough staff, windows etc to cope with the anticipated away collection demand?

its a long way to go on a Sunday to potentially miss part of the game.

much appreciated 
  • Hi,
    A huge number will be arriving on the 11am from London. Is it only one bus and how confident can we be that we will all get on?

How about getting back yo the station?
  • Oh, and thanks for the great customer service. It is appreciated.
  • If my friend arrives at the ticket collection point before me, can she collect my ticket for me.  I have forwarded her my Ticket Purchase Confirmation email containing all the Order Reference numbers and payment confirmation.

Thanks Dean

• cafc4life said:
    Hi Dean

Do you honestly think John Marquis is actually better than Lyle Taylor?
    Is the sky blue? Is the sea wet? Are Smallwall Sh*t?  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• May I add Dean.......you only have to get a couple of people who’s tickets are (for whatever reason), missing or not processed correctly, wrong name etc etc(these things happen), and you will snarl up the flow of fans picking up their tickets.
    Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but you need to take on board ‘cock ups’ which have the potential to slow things down dramatically.....you are going to have something in the region of 800 fans turning up in a very short space of time and the potential for problems to arise are very real., as at any given time there can be two or three problem transactions holding up the whole operation.
    You may well consider a couple of extra staff there to handle just complications.
    You only have to get in your local bank queue to experience what I am pointing out.....always seems to be a problem which holds up the tellers!
  • Ways that might help if there are delays of difficulties with ticket collection at the Keepmoat.

If there is only one window then there will of course be serious problems. If tickets are printed at the window it will be hopeless. My understanding is that they are being taken to Doncaster physically by club staff.

1) Sort the envelopes if there are any into alphabetical order well in advance.
    2) If there are two windows, then make one A-M the other N-Z, and so divide again if there are more windows.
    3) Put a HUGE sign up over said windows with the appropriate letters of the Alphabet so as you know which queue to join.
    4) Have your ID ready, or proof of purchase if you're in the queue.
    5) If you have to collect a ticket(s) do it as soon as you get to the stadium.
    6) Doncaster to provide roving (see what I did there) staff, with loud voices, outside with the queues to update and assist and so on. Especially a senior person to discuss any awkward issue with a fan away from a window to allow the queue to move quickly.
    7) Each window person has a helper, so the first one says the name and looks at ID, and the helper gets the envelope to pass over.
    8) Don't queue jump.
  • Not as quick as our Liaison Officer (Covered End) to reply.
  • Have to admit one thing I've been really impressed with (that I didnt see with Shrewsbury last season) is how both clubs have really communicated and handled the sort turn around

Am sure (and really hope) that Doncaster have thought everything through ahead of Sunday and that it isnt a amateur setup because so far it feels as though for the most part that everything has been handled smoothly with neither team deserving to have to put up with disgruntled fans for either leg because of logistical errors that could easily have been sorted

Certainly hope there are no repeat issues of what we saw @ Shrewsbury this time last season and at present bore no ill will to Donny like I do Shrewsbury

(i.e. Would have been delighted had they been relegated this season)
  • Not as quick as our Liaison Officer (Covered End) to reply.
    Having said that Mike, it is noticeable that CE's been having a bit of a lie in lately and taking longer tea breaks so I've been happy to step in for him when necessary. :wink:.
  • I think the figure will be round about a thousand.
  • drfc_slo said:
    For everyone asking about the bus service, I  awaiting an update from the Bus services as to what buses and how regularly they will be running. Fingers crossed they will get back to me tomorrow. 

I will speak to the box office tomorrow to see how many staff they will have in the collection office and hopefully this will run quickly and efficiently. When I spoke to them earlier today they did not have an update from your club on how many there will be collecting, once we have this figure we will be able to plan. 
    Apologies for being a know all, but we told our fans all sales on Thursday & Friday were for collection at Doncaster.
    We sold 290 + 780 extra.
    So roughly 1100 tickets to be collected, which at a max of 2 per person equals about 700 envelopes.
    That will take about 6 hours for 1 person.
    Appreciate you need to speak to the club, but thought I'd give you a heads up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi Dean

Do you let away fans out for a fag at half time?

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to post on here, much appreciated. 

P. S what sort of ID do you need? Would a credit card and the confirmation email be sufficient? 
  • edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Not as quick as our Liaison Officer (Covered End) to reply.
    Having said that Mike, it is noticeable that CE's been having a bit of a lie in lately and taking longer tea breaks so I've been happy to step in for him when necessary. :wink:.
    To be fair he has been carrying out a root and branch investigation of the ticket office operation
  • edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:
    To be fair he has been carrying out a root and beach investigation of the ticket office operation
    Root and Branch I'm with you Rosie but Beach? Making sandcastles? wtf  ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Hi Dean

P. S what sort of ID do you need? Would a credit card and the confirmation email be sufficient? 
    To go out for a fag?
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    To be fair he has been carrying out a root and beach investigation of the ticket office operation
    Root and Branch I'm with you Rosie but Beach? Making sandcastles? wtf  ;)
    Bloody auto correct, saying that he has been slacking so maybe he thinks his on the beach already 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Hi Dean

Yes they do.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Hi Dean

To go out for a fag?
    A smoke, a cig, a puff
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Hi Dean

Can't beat a Passport or Driving License : ;)  
  • drfc_slo said:
    cafc4life said:
    Hi Dean

Do you honestly think John Marquis is actually better than Lyle Taylor?
    Hi cafc4life 

If you are referring to the recent interview, it has been taken completely out of context by some media outlets to get more views. Below is the actual interview that he gave. 

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-i-wouldn-t-swap-anyone-in-our-team-for-anyone-at-charlton-sunderland-or-portsmouth-john-marquis-makes-bold-claim-ahead-of-league-one-play-offs-1-9758226

Thanks for coming back to me Dean, and thanks for the info. I hope you have a great day on Sunday, just not as good as we do . 😄

• Hi Dean - many thanks for the friendly contact. Please can you confirm the walking distance/time from the lakeside village to the stadium. thanks again