Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa League 2018/2019

Comments

• Are Chelsea and Frankfurt going to extra time?
  • Are Chelsea and Frankfurt going to extra time?
    Time for a last minute winner surely!
  • Yep, going to extra time as it stands.

Arsenal at their attacking best tonight. We got a mention on BT in relation to Coquelin.

Charlton Athletic, selling out matches home and away, getting mentioned on tv coverage of major European semi-finals. Big club, that's us.
  • Academy players making Champions League finals too
  • 3 great performances by English teams this week. Chelsea giving the other countries a chance
  • Penalties!
  • Come on Frankfurt , no forgiveness for tapping up Parker you slaaaaags 
  • Shame Moreneo is still not in charge. They would never lose on penalties eh?
  • Oh man, a German team on penalties.
  • Haha. Nice save!
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 all English European finals
  • Eden Hazard.......
  • 4 English teams in the European finals. Written in the stars
  • Congratulations Chelsea 
    fuck off 
  • That penalty save between the legs was crucial
  • Congratulations Chelsea 
    fuck off 
    Blimey oohaah I can see why you give the betting up
  • Got to feel for Glenn Hoddle, BT sport are trying to kill him!
    Also means that one team from Liverpool or Spurs will be going to the Club World Cup in December - In addition the Super Cup in August (?) will also be an all English affair

Might even be Spurs v Arsenal...
    Has this ever happened before, 4 teams from one country? Spain must have got close 
  • I know The Europa League winners qualify for next year's Champions League, but is that at the expense of the 4th place in The Premier League?
  • Sponsored links:

• The first time in history that one nation has provided all four finalists in the two European competitions.

It was difficult to argue it previously but the PL is now, without doubt, the strongest league in the world - the fact that three of those finalists, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea have lost 31 league games between them is evidence enough that there are very few easy games.
  • I am taking the presence of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool in the finals as a penance that has to be paid in order for us to be promoted.

Hope Arsenal win the Europa - think I'll have a fiver on Cech to save the key penalty in the shootout to win the trophy and deny his old club with his final touch as a footballer.
    Has this ever happened before, 4 teams from one country? Spain must have got close 
    Nope never happened before with all four finalists from one country

We've of course had a few Finals between teams from the same country but not Champions League and Europa League in the same season
  • I know The Europa League winners qualify for next year's Champions League, but is that at the expense of the 4th place in The Premier League?
    No, as we can have 5 clubs in the CL. If both the CL and EL winners missed the top 4, then 4th would then miss out
  • Giroud winner for chelsea in final 
    spurs to win the other 
  • 3 European finalists from London, 1 from Liverpool

Manchester voted for Brexit.
  • “A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.”

• Feel absolutely Gutted that Chelsea are in final. There scum fans who wrecked the valley turnstiles, their dodgy owner who have ripped off millions of ordinary Russian folk. Their shit celebrity fans. Their thousands of racist fans. A khazi of a football club.

• I fancied Chelsea to win it before tonight but thought they were fortunate to get through whereas Arsenal were very impressive. Not sure now.