Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Information for any boycotters

2»

Comments

• Options
    To those fans who are still having digs at the fans who have boycotted over the last few seasons because of the way roland has all but destroyed the club.

How many of you stopped going to games during the Selhurst/Upton Park seasons?

Nobody had sarcastic digs at you back then or said you weren’t a “real fan”. What’s the difference between boycotting then & boycotting now?

FYI I attended the majority of games during those seasons, including when I had no money because of unemployment, & when ill with pneumonia.

Charlton Til I Die
    Sound slike you cam pretty close..
  • Options
    edited May 2019

robroy said:
    I fully understand why people have boycotted. For me I could never do that as spending time with my Dad is invaluable and I would never miss out on that. 

However, if the boycotters come back for these games its their choice and they should be welcomed back with open arms. We are all FANS 
    If our Dad was still about and he wanted to go, we’d be taking him. 
    No question. 
    Give your Dad a cwtch from me. 
    As somebody who had a season ticket at the start of the RD era & has lost their dad in the period since giving them up, I wholey support this view. I am going both legs and would have dragged him with me!..... Thanks to me dragging her along and what Bowyer and the boys have treated us to, Mum is now a charlton fan!
  • Options
    I respect the boycotters. They have shown a strength that I haven't managed to. I have just managed to spend much less on the club - no season tickets (which may have cost me more I suppose!), no programme, food in ground, fewer club shop buys etc... Anybody who wants to slag off those who boycott should shut up and anybody who wants to slag off those who don't should do the same. We all love our club and whilst we may show it in different ways, what we do reflects this, we are trying to do what we think is right.

Bowyer has done a fantastic job under this lunatic and I think boycotters may wish to go to these games to appreciate his and the efforts of the lads. And boycott again next season, if the idiot still owns us! let's hope he doesn't, he is the only enemy here.
    Great post, well said sir.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    colthe3rd said:

I've decided to break my own boycott for the home leg. Possibly a bit hypocritical coming back for such a huge game but it's been 2 years for me, that's a fair few quid Roland has missed out on from me in that time, it's been very difficult at times to not go back especially this season but I need to get back for this match. Fair play to anyone still continuing to boycott you're stronger willed than I am.

Each to their own. I am still boycotting all home games. 
    Fair play to both of you.  Agree with Elfsborg here.  As it’s always been since the cancer arrived, each to their own.  I’m pleased at the the turnout because I think Bowyer and the team deserve absolute support in high numbers, and it’s not hypocritical imo to break your duck for this game and get behind the team

equality admirable and respectable for those that have chosen to stay away to continue to do so 
  • Options
    My boycott has always been a convenient one. Its very easy to boycott when you live in a different country, but I stuck to it and only went to the occasional away game. Given the fact that he would only get about £3 from me, he would get the same from me if I had gone to Doncaster (which I was considering, but its an awful pain in the ass to get to from here)  and the fact that the stadium is gonna be full anyway this thread has convinced me. Its been about 5 and a half years since I was last at the Valley, I can't wait!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I've decided to break my own boycott for the home leg. Possibly a bit hypocritical coming back for such a huge game but it's been 2 years for me, that's a fair few quid Roland has missed out on from me in that time, it's been very difficult at times to not go back especially this season but I need to get back for this match. Fair play to anyone still continuing to boycott you're stronger willed than I am.

That sounds fair enough. Personally I won't but a trip to Wembley would really test my resolve.....