Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many of Charlton's previous matches at Wembley did you attend?

Charlton played at Wembley in the South Final of the FA War Cup in 1943 (losing 7-1 to Arsenal) and 1944 (beating Chelsea 3-1); the FA Cup Final in 1946 (losing to Derby 4-1) and 1947 (beating Burnley 1-0); the Full Members' Cup in 1987 (losing 1-0 to Blackburn Rovers) and the Division One Play-Off Final in 1998 (beating Sunderland on pens). 

I have been to the last two.  Does anyone have the full set?  

Comments

• edited May 2019
    I’ve been to the last two , the only person who may have been to the lot is Nicholas 
  • 17 goals conceded in 6 matches at Wembley. That must be close to a record for a per game ratio. 

Our record also goes LWLWLW... oh heck. 
  • 17 goals conceded in 6 matches at Wembley. That must be close to a record for a per game ratio. 

LWLWLW ... W

Lee Will Love Watching Lyle’s Winner ... Wembley

Old Wembley so hoodoo null and void
  • Just the Full Members for me in 1987. Nothing like losing 0-1 to a last minute goal at Wembley - jeez.
  • Only the ones I've been alive for....  the last two
  • edited May 2019
    I’ve seen us play at Wembley Arena a few times too in the Evenings Standard Five A sides . We even won it once or twice . 
  • Did both 87 Full members and 98 Play Of.  The 87 game was so low key that I made the decision to go to the game with some mates after our Sunday morning game at Danson Park.  I didn't have a ticket but paid on the turnstile.  It was embarrassing how the Selhurst years had destroyed the fan base as I think Blackburn had more fans than us.  I had stopped going because of the schlep to Selhurst so the game was a rare chance to watch Charlton live. A really crap game and I think Hendry go their winner.
  • edited May 2019
    I’ve been to the last two , the only person who may have been to the lot is Nicholas 
    Brilliant.

Last 2 for me.
  • Did both 87 Full members and 98 Play Of.  The 87 game was so low key that I made the decision to go to the game with some mates after our Sunday morning game at Danson Park.  I didn't have a ticket but paid on the turnstile.  It was embarrassing how the Selhurst years had destroyed the fan base as I think Blackburn had more fans than us.  I had stopped going because of the schlep to Selhurst so the game was a rare chance to watch Charlton live. A really crap game and I think Hendry go their winner.
    40k gate, 25k Bleakburn.
  • Sponsored links:

• 87 and 98 for me too
  • The last two for me as well
  • I think @SoundAsa£ was inside half for the '43 game.
  • None!
    Although it seems inconceivable that a supporter since '62 and season ticket holder from '73 would miss the greatest game, I was co-owner and Chef in a 3-star Bournemouth hotel in '98 and simply couldn't get away.
    I have no recollection of why I missed the Full Members thing in '87!
  • edited May 2019
    Kevin Nolan can claim 3 I believe. Just '98 for me, and it will remain so whatever happens in the next two weeks. 
  • The museum can flog you programmes that were donated in good faith for each of those games. Probably.
  • 87 and 98 - couldn't have been 2 more different experiences
  • 87 and 98 for me too. Would be good to see the lads at the new Wembley for the first time.
  • Last two for me.Told myself that was just going to see my team at Wembley in the Full Members cup final and that the result wouldn't matter but was still gutted when Hendry scored! Didn't enjoy a moment of the Sunderland game until Sasha fell on Michael Grey's penalty. Hope that Lyle's hat-trick puts us 4 nil up in the 80th minute on the 26th so I can relax for the last ten and soak up the atmosphere. As long as we get past Donny of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Both 87 and 98. 
    1987. A very interesting journey to the game on the tube.
    1998. The best day of my football supporting life.

2019. Hopefully another best day to come.