Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doncaster Away - Sunday 12th May

Initial allocation of 3k, an extra 800 if needed.

We have confirmation that we will receive an allocation of just over 3,000 for our away tie at @drfc_official with an additional 800 seats if required. 

But hold tight, we'll announce when they will be going on sale as soon as we can. #cafc

Comments

• Is there a news article up?
  • We can sell that out I reckon.
  • More than I expected and should easily satisfy demand.
  • Because of the time scale and the amount of tickets it would make sense to put them straight on general sale. 

I know some would moan but I don't think the demand will exceed the number of tickets.

Then again I could be totally wrong (but I don't think so). 
  • Because of the time scale and the amount of tickets it would make sense to put them straight on general sale. 

I know some would moan but I don't think the demand will exceed the number of tickets.

If they did sell out the club would rightly be hammered and would be like Swindon again 

Might make sense to you
  • edited May 2019
    Doncaster have done well to make the play offs. As long as Bowyer can put out his best side, and it looks likely he will be able to, we ought to try to wrap the game up in the first leg. If it goes wrong we have the Valley game to put it right. I would hate us to be cautious. If you have better players, impose yourself on them. They looked like a team that can get a head of steam, so sitting back will only play into their hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty fare and simple way of doing the phases I think 
    Except general sale is after the last posting date.

If you live a long way from Charlton you have to collect them at Doncaster when you get there.

Could mean lots of people trying to collect tickets on the day.
    Except general sale is after the last posting date.

If you live a long way from Charlton you have to collect them at Doncaster when you get there.

Could mean lots of people trying to collect tickets on the day.
    Not ideal but can’t see what else they can do. You have to have a period for those who travel  regularly can’t just put them on general sale. 
  • With nearly 4000 up for grabs, they should have put them on general sale from day 1. Plenty of tickets for everyone, IMO
  • is there any chance of this selling out before thursday do we reckon? i need to wait til general sale, and i'm nervous...
  • edited May 2019
    _MrDick said:
    With nearly 4000 up for grabs, they should have put them on general sale from day 1. Plenty of tickets for everyone, IMO
    Wouldn’t have done that, but you only need a single priority category or two at most. No way it would - or will - sell out to season ticket holders and VG alone. 
  • is there any chance of this selling out before thursday do we reckon? i need to wait til general sale, and i'm nervous...
    I'm 99% confident everyone who wants a ticket will get one.
    (Apart from the people that try and get one after they've gone off sale).
  • _MrDick said:
    With nearly 4000 up for grabs, they should have put them on general sale from day 1. Plenty of tickets for everyone, IMO
    If you did that you would get untold complaints from hundreds of people saying they were on the phone for hours trying to get through, as you would have maybe 500-1,000 all ringing on day 1.
  • _MrDick said:
    If you did that you would get untold complaints from hundreds of people saying they were on the phone for hours trying to get through, as you would have maybe 500-1,000 all ringing on day 1.
    Yes, the advantage of the phases is that hopefully it will spread the load, both on the phone and on the servers. And on the staff members posting the tickets

It's one of those situations where whatever you do is unfair/impractical
  • _MrDick said:
    Yes, the advantage of the phases is that hopefully it will spread the load, both on the phone and on the servers. And on the staff members posting the tickets

It's one of those situations where whatever you do is unfair/impractical
    This 100%

Times change and I think the points system and having a range of phases works well, it does for other clubs so why not Charlton too? In the long run it is far easier to phase the sales and spread the load as you say. It also beats queueing for hours in the blazing hot sun like 1998 or a queue so long at the ticket office it snakes round to the club shop or being 93rd in the queue on the phone for Boro back in 2006 I think it was. Much easier to spread the load and not be 93rd in the online queue too.

The points system will work better next season when there are two years worth of points available given the system is designed to be based on a rolling two years basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Said by someone who, I assume, is waiting til the last couple of phases before they can buy one?
  • edited May 2019
    Croydon said:
    _MrDick said:
    Said by someone who, I assume, is waiting til the last couple of phases before they can buy one?
    Yes it's nice to see it's a dog eat  dog world
  • _MrDick said:
    Wouldn’t have done that, but you only need a single priority category or two at most. No way it would - or will - sell out to season ticket holders and VG alone. 
    So are we correct in assuming that each person can buy two tickets or is it more than that? Doesn't seem to say.
  • Typical, the Valley Gold-go-when-they-can be-bothered, and the Footie-for-a-fiver mob get first dibs.!
    while the rest of us have to stand in line like Oliver Twist in the workhouse. How can i arrange travel if i don't know if i can get a ticket! Will i have to pick the ticket up from the Valley or Donny. Thanks a lot Charlton!
  • Well done Doncaster over 60 - £17
  • buckshee said:
    _MrDick said:
    So are we correct in assuming that each person can buy two tickets or is it more than that? Doesn't seem to say.
    Yes it does. Clearly says two tickets.
  • Typical, the Valley Gold-go-when-they-can be-bothered, and the Footie-for-a-fiver mob get first dibs.!
    while the rest of us have to stand in line like Oliver Twist in the workhouse. How can i arrange travel if i don't know if i can get a ticket! Will i have to pick the ticket up from the Valley or Donny. Thanks a lot Charlton!
    It’s ok put them on general sale just so you are ok so those who have done the aways potentially miss out. 
  • edited May 2019
    I'm sure everyone who wants a ticket will get one. We have over 3500 on offer to us & I doubt we will sell much over 2800. Sunday lunchtime up north means an early start & it's only the 1st leg. Also, as Martin Tyler keeps saying....."and it's LIVE"