Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs for Saturday

What are people doing? The pub been in to last few seasons is shut so need a new plan. 

Comments

• Rochester is your best bet.
  • edited April 2019
    went Rochester last time - hopefully nice weather 

early kick off is spurs west ham so that will do 

afterwards last time a load of us ended up in some type of karaoke bar - very rowdy
  • What are the pubs selection like in Rochester?

A choice between staying in Victoria until 2ish or heading to Rochester.
  • @SouthWest_Addicks

Rochester i do not think is bad as there is plenty of choice usually quite a large amount of ob though that stipulate what pubs we will be drinking in though, and then its a 5 min train journey i will be aiming to get the 2.02 train to gillingham as always a nightmare to get in
  • What are people doing? The pub been in to last few seasons is shut so need a new plan. 
    Forget Gillingham.
    Did I have a fight with the tube escalator Friday night.
    Me white polo top was black when I got home
  • What are people doing? The pub been in to last few seasons is shut so need a new plan. 
    https://whatpub.com/pubs/MED/11746/southern-belle-gillingham

This one is alright.
  • Rochester for us 5
  • clb74 said:
    What are people doing? The pub been in to last few seasons is shut so need a new plan. 
    Forget Gillingham.
    Did I have a fight with the tube escalator Friday night.
    Me white polo top was black when I got home
    Ha ha it was plain white when I left you on the tube. 
  • Last couple of seasons my lot have drunk in the Dog and Bone in Gillingham. Cracking little pub but unfortunately it's now closed.
    Rochester it is then.
  • @SouthWest_Addicks

Rochester i do not think is bad as there is plenty of choice usually quite a large amount of ob though that stipulate what pubs we will be drinking in though, and then its a 5 min train journey i will be aiming to get the 2.02 train to gillingham as always a nightmare to get in
    Yeah, I forgot that. We were queuing for about 30 mins to get in last season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Last couple of seasons my lot have drunk in the Dog and Bone in Gillingham. Cracking little pub but unfortunately it's now closed.
    Rochester it is then.
    A memorable day in your life two seasons ago Rambo.
  • Rochester will be heaving with charlton and old bill, the best bit about Gillingham away.
    Rochester it is then.
    The first time I ever met you gazza 
    😉
    Rochester it is then.
    😉
    What time you meeting at brom south mate
  • @SouthWest_Addicks

You meeting in spoons CE
  • clb74 said:
    @SouthWest_Addicks

You meeting in spoons CE
    I'll meet you in The Old Vic after mate.
  • Why not embrace local culture?

Local Spar, cheap Stella.  You will need a scruffy dog on a piece of string though, oh and three teeth...  just three, no more!
  • Why not embrace local culture?

Local Spar, cheap Stella.  You will need a scruffy dog on a piece of string though, oh and three teeth...  just three, no more!
    And that is just the women.
  • Turn right out of  Chatham station and 3 minutes down the road is a very nice Wetherspoons.
  • clb74 said:
    @SouthWest_Addicks

You meeting in spoons CE
    I've not made arrangements as yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like the spoons in Rochester is the place then 
  • Brompton has a couple of good pubs, particularly The Cannon.  Only worth it if you're driving.
  • Brompton is a shithole even by Medway standards 

For the ale heads there is a pretty ok micropub on Canterbury street just up the road from @DA9 mates place that is now a chippy. The southern belle is a shithole in gillingham as is pretty much every pub in Gillingham. Chatham has the Alexandra which is the closest to the station and functional, the Thomas Waghorn in the high street is decent for a weatherspoons and the prince of Wales opposite is ok with big screens for the sport and some decent beers to choose from. both of these are a 5 minute walk from Chatham station 

Rochester has loads of places to drink, the station has moved and is a lot closer to the main high street. I'll recommend having a drink in Chatham if you want to actually get a beer as the pubs in Rochester wont have brought in extra staff for before the game so you will wait for hours for a drink
  • clb74 said:
    Last couple of seasons my lot have drunk in the Dog and Bone in Gillingham. Cracking little pub but unfortunately it's now closed.
    Rochester it is then.
    😉
    What time you meeting at brom south mate
    Catching the 11.27 from Bromley south .
    A quick couple in the spoons first.
  • edited April 2019
    Any where near the ground?
  • Bromley South Spoons for 9:30 - Train to Rochester
  • Red one said:
    Any where near the ground?
    The Fleur de Lis is the only away-friendly pub in Gillingham. Another option is to head for one of the many options in Rochester before continuing your journey to Gillingham.  
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5cc2e5fd2a18c/away-fans-guide-priestfield-stadium
  • If you aren't wearing colours you will be ok for the 2 at the end of the high street opposite the station. Due to rain and the likelihood of waiting ages for a drink in Rochester I'd suggest Chatham, gillingham is 1 stop down the line or a cab will be around a fiver 
  • Looks like my group will head straight to Rochester for midday. I was recommended The Crown Freehouse from a bloke at work, but he’s never been in there on Gillingham a match day though.
  • I'll be coming to the game on Saturday (first for a long time...!) And got a few mates coming as well. Fancy a few bevvies before the game. Never usually go to the pub (I'm really selling myself as a fan!) So wandered where was a decent place to go? Heard of most in the area, but no idea where is best to go