Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1604, The Table Alphabeticall is published. It is the first dictionary in English arranged in alphabetical order.
  • 5.5m actually
  • edited April 2019
    Someone should throttle whoever hijacked this thread with car based puns, honestly he needs to be choked, or perhaps someone brake his balljoint.
  • No wonder some people are getting over heated and blowing a (head) gasket. This thread has run out of fuel and its wheels have finally come off.

The car puns are the worst yet.

Complete breakdown.
  • Automatics
  • I'm 3.8k posts behind, did I miss anything? Any good puns?
  • SDAddick said:
    I'm 3.8k posts behind, did I miss anything? Any good puns?
    Pun'to
  • complete helmets
  • RedJohn said:
    vroom vroom, honk, honk, shit  car pun, close this shitty thread,
    Don't read it if it annoys you.

5.3m views says some people like it

This has turned into the most turgid thread ever. No surprise really, given who started it. Boring us all to death since 1905.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:
    If you don't like it... either reverse or a do a 3 point turn and leave... us are long are hanging on to our (car) seats in case a takeover happens. 
  • Tighten your seat belts, this is getting scary.
  • Rudders22 said:
    RedJohn said:
    If you don't like it... either reverse or a do a 3 point turn and leave... us are long are hanging on to our (car) seats in case a takeover happens. 
    Merced
  • Plenty of good intentions on this thread, but it's all a bit Pony now.

• I was in row D but not drinking the same stuff as you when I got home  :)
  • AshBurton said:
    Last night I had a really vivid dream that Roland was in final negotiations to sell the club.

For some reason I was present, urging him to sign on the dotted line.

Oddly the meeting seemed to be taking place in a Bavarian-style beer garden with long tables and benches.

A work colleague or friend sat on another table was trying to tempt me away with a glass of something cold - presumably not a Charlton fan.

There were two bidders present at Roland’s table. Maybe this was some sort of “contract race” towards who would be mad enough to part with their £70m first.

There was one foreign bidder who seemed to know me and was sat nearest to Roland. Definitely not Australian though, sorry @JamesSeed

The other bidder was a British consortium, who were sat further away and hence more difficult to identify, possibly even a mirage (art imitating life). 

Roland called me over and was asking me to assure  my acquaintance, the non-British bidder, that nothing untoward came out of the due diligence. Actually he may not have used this precise term, more something like “it was all ok huh?”

Roland and I conversed in German.

Much like this thread, the dream fizzled out with nothing resolved and everything still at least 48 hours away.

I blame the sunstroke I suffered in Row D yesterday. 

Tbh I’d almost forgotten about the takeover :-(
  • AshBurton said:
    Last night I had a really vivid dream that Roland was in final negotiations to sell the club.

Oddly the meeting seemed to be taking place in a Bavarian-style beer garden with long tables and benches.

A work colleague or friend sat on another table was trying to tempt me away with a glass of something cold - presumably not a Charlton fan.

There were two bidders present at Roland’s table. Maybe this was some sort of “contract race” towards who would be mad enough to part with their £70m first.

There was one foreign bidder who seemed to know me and was sat nearest to Roland. Definitely not Australian though, sorry @JamesSeed

The other bidder was a British consortium, who were sat further away and hence more difficult to identify, possibly even a mirage (art imitating life). 

Roland called me over and was asking me to assure  my acquaintance, the non-British bidder, that nothing untoward came out of the due diligence. Actually he may not have used this precise term, more something like “it was all ok huh?”

Much like this thread, the dream fizzled out with nothing resolved and everything still at least 48 hours away.

DO NOT EAT CHEESE BEFORE BEDDY BOO TIME!
  • Is there a fans forum this week?  If so why hasn't there been a take over story leaked over the long weekend?

Has something changed in the back ground since Christmas time?  I ask this because there seems to be more positive things happening off the field.  Also the comms team have had no hesitation in praising SCP and Yann at verious times, this would have seemed impossible 18 months ago.  Is it the job people have just been left alone to get on with it or has there been a change in the day to day running of the club I don't know about? 
  • Sponsored links:

• AshBurton said:

Last night I genuinely dreamed that I was walking along in the rain and discovered a hole in my shoe. Another Roland connection!
  • AshBurton said:

Last night I genuinely dreamed that I was walking along in the rain and discovered a hole in my shoe. Another Roland connection!
    Important question though, did you have your duct tape with you?
  • iainment said:
    AshBurton said:

Was an elephant's eye looking at you from a bubblegum tree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0UZN83N-w
  • There is a fan's Forum meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) which is be solely about the sale of the club.

As I'm the stand-in Bromley Addicks rep I will put some notes on here either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

There has been no change in leadership at the (non-playing side of)club in that there is no leadership IMHO so the hard working, under resourced and much put upon non-senior staff carry on trying to do the best they can.

There have been no leaks of stories about new bidders etc in the run up the meeting as it's a myth IMHO that the regime create these stories to defer protests or difficult questions at the FF.  They just don't have the power or will to do that. 
    I know it's a myth that's why I was highlighting it :) 

I agree that there is no leadership but there does seem a bit more freedom so I wondered if someone had left. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    There is a fan's Forum meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) which is be solely about the sale of the club.

As I'm the stand-in Bromley Addicks rep I will put some notes on here either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

There has been no change in leadership at the (non-playing side of)club in that there is no leadership IMHO so the hard working, under resourced and much put upon non-senior staff carry on trying to do the best they can.

There have been no leaks of stories about new bidders etc in the run up the meeting as it's a myth IMHO that the regime create these stories to defer protests or difficult questions at the FF.  They just don't have the power or will to do that. 

I agree that there is no leadership but there does seem a bit more freedom so I wondered if someone had left. 

Katrien left
  • edited April 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There is a fan's Forum meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) which is be solely about the sale of the club.

Katrien left
    Not recently, maybe it's just the winning feel good factor then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!