Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The club have today submitted an appeal regarding Chris Solly's red card at @OUFCOfficial on Friday. 

We will announce the outcome of the appeal once confirmed. #cafc https://t.co/RYSsHP221p
  • Neither manager thought it was a red
  • If its unsuccessful tho he will miss both play off semi final games if it is a 4 game ban he has.

Scunthorpe-play
    Gillingham-miss
    Rochdale-miss
    Semi final 1-miss
    Semi final 2-miss
  • Neither manager thought it was a red
    Doesn’t matter.....!
  • edited April 2019
    Unless they have footage that shows it wasn’t a foul they will not get it overturned. I felt the ref made his decision too fast and was looking for an opportunity to level it up but it did look like there was contact and it was probably a booking. Even Bowyer said he thought yellow on first viewing. No way they’ll go against the ref if the video footage backs up those first impressions. 

Suspect this means Anfernee is injured and this is a speculative punt to try and get Solly available for Monday. Hopefully we don’t get repeat of the Sankofa situation. 
  • edited April 2019
    Unless they have footage that shows it wasn’t a foul they will not get it overturned. I felt the ref made his decision too fast and was looking for an opportunity to level it up but it did look like there was contact and it was probably a booking. Even Bowyer said he thought yellow on first viewing. No way they’ll go against the ref if the video footage backs up those first impressions. 

Suspect this means Anfernee is injured and this is a speculative punt to try and get Solly available for Monday. Hopefully we don’t get repeat of the Sankofa situation. 
    If the video footage shows it was a yellow then surely it will be recinded.

It doesnt have to not be a foul, just not worthy off a red
  • Greenie said:
    Neither manager thought it was a red
    Doesn’t matter.....!
    I know, just saying if both managers say that then surely they is a chance the FA will agree a red was harsh
  • The FA have never ever and never will overturn any unjustified red for us. Sankofa against Arsenal was an utter joke on a young professional. I think the club knows he is out for the season now, so why not appeal (appeal he can play next game). As someone said "Anfernee is injured!. Our nightmare will be if Taylor gets a straight red. then we will be in doggy doo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• When did we last get a red overturned? 
  • Rudders22 said:
    The FA have never ever and never will overturn any unjustified red for us. Sankofa against Arsenal was an utter joke on a young professional. I think the club knows he is out for the season now, so why not appeal (appeal he can play next game). As someone said "Anfernee is injured!. Our nightmare will be if Taylor gets a straight red. then we will be in doggy doo. 
    or gets injured
  • Frivolous. Red card all day long.
    Agreed it's a red card. Knowing our luck they'll add an extra game to Solly's ban ruling him out of both semi finals and final if we get there.
    Sometimes you to be pragmatic. But hoepfully they won't add to it. Hopefully someone might see before Scunthorpe and at worst just uphold the card meaning he only misses Monday, Gillingham, Rochdale and the 1st Semi. But maybe someone has advised them it won't be deemed friverlous.
  • No Fork n chance!

FA:  Charlton who?
  • Pretty similar tackle/foul  to the Pompey red card against us that did get over turned
  • Pretty similar tackle/foul  to the Pompey red card against us that did get over turned
    FA:  Oh Pompey!  OK overturned...
  • Talal said:
    When did we last get a red overturned? 
    "Leggim" Axeman v Bristol Rovers. Think we were playing at Catford then.
  • Sponsored links:

• View again and make your mind up.  Looks reckless to me.  And those misses by Pearce and Bauer near the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82L6Z2turtw
  • Looks like a red card to me I’m afraid. 
    Agreed.
  • Strange Appeal . Especially if it could mean an extra game ban . Red card all day long 
  • Seems a pointless appeal imo, we are guaranteed playoffs so having Solly back for these games seems pointless when the risk is that he will miss the playoff games 
  • It's Charlton Athletic.

Will be deemed frivolous and they'll probably add an extra game to boot.
  • Looked a red to me.
  • Does not touch the player. Player loses balance. Sols gets the ball with one foot. The only argument against Sols was that it was maybe a bit rough. But we know on the whole the FA back their men. The system is flawed.

I mean is it a case of he doesn't have to touch the player to recieve a red card?
  • Never a red.  Parker should have shot before instead of laying it to Solly.  Decent striker and it would have been 2-2, instead it was 2-1 and we were down to 10 men
  • Looked like pure frustration on Sollys part, might have got a yellow if their keeper hadn't already gone. I doubt we'll get a result on this one.