Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton fans

13»

Comments

• Realistically any promoted team will struggle. I expected Wigan to do much better and they're right down there near the bottom with Rotherham
  • I guess if we're counting North Greenwich as home turf, there's the Jubilee Line to Bermondsey, and also Canons Park, where Barnet play 
  • Oh and West Ham 
  • Oh Oh and Wemberleeeeee!
  • Dartford
  • MrOneLung said:
    Dartford
    And Ebsfleet as well. Going the other direction Hendon, Borehamwood and St Albans are also on the Thameslink

Leuth said:
    I guess if we're counting North Greenwich as home turf, there's the Jubilee Line to Bermondsey, and also Canons Park, where Barnet play 
    Train to Deptford is near enough for Millwall
  • rananegra said:
    Had a pleasant chat with a few Luton fans at the station. They were very complimentary about us and I was complimentary about their first half performance and them probably being champions. If it went off elsewhere I didn't see it. 
    Typical SE Trains planning though, 4 carriage train to Cannon St which everyone piled on just before the direct train to Luton. 

I was on that one too, as you say crammed in....plenty of Luton fans in the front carriage all decent, they were worried they were going to stall. I reminded them that there were 23 teams that would swap positions with them right now...
  • _MrDick said:
    Always had a dislike for Luton, Always. My loathing of them goes back to the 70’s. Not only did they have that goddam horrible plastic pitch, regularly thrash us home and away, nick our best players for a pittance, and ban away supporters. Worst of all, they used take your laces out of your Doc Martens when you arrived at Kenilworth Road. I mean, come on,  How is a teenager supposed to become a football hooligan if your Doc Martens don’t stay on your feet. Bloody hate Luton.  
    Me and my elder brother had our DM’s taken off of us in the covered end very early 80’s, very painful walk across stones at the back of the west stand to the police room after the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Always had a dislike for Luton, Always. My loathing of them goes back to the 70’s. Not only did they have that goddam horrible plastic pitch, regularly thrash us home and away, nick our best players for a pittance, and ban away supporters. Worst of all, they used take your laces out of your Doc Martens when you arrived at Kenilworth Road. I mean, come on,  How is a teenager supposed to become a football hooligan if your Doc Martens don’t stay on your feet. Bloody hate Luton.  
    Was pretty common in the seventies, the answer was always to carry spare laces up your sleeves or in your underwear :smile:

At Oxford one year the police wouldn't let us  in if we had blakeys on the soles of our shoes. We had to go up the road to a cobblers to take them off. Can't remember the reason given, actually they probably didn't give one because they didn't have to did they :-)
  • They were very aggy coming out the ground on Saturday, we chanted red army and they chanted premier league and you fucked it up, odd seen as they’re punching well above their weight currently and should be happy, within minutes this turned to pavement dancing a few of each got nicked, 
  • They were very aggy coming out the ground on Saturday, we chanted red army and they chanted premier league and you fucked it up, odd seen as they’re punching well above their weight currently and should be happy, within minutes this turned to pavement dancing a few of each got nicked, 
    Unsavourey characters from an unsavourey town.
    Not sure that bit is true, Luton historically have spent plenty of time in the top 2 divisions
  • we chanted red army and they chanted premier league and you fucked it up, odd seen as they’re punching well above their weight
    Even odder that they too were a former top division team in the 80s and came down with a bit of a thud. So pot, kettle and black springs to mind.
    Kicked off quite a few times at the top of Floyd Road this year, much more noticeably than recent seasons I think
    Unsavourey characters from an unsavourey town.
    It was their big day out in the big city and they tried to give it the big one. 
  • Seemed to me that the police tried to use a tactic of funneling them to a point outside the valley cafe, so effectively creating a barrier of police.  This lead loads of Charlton oiks gathering at the same point, mostly under 16s and a few who older who couldn't resist. Probably better than letting fans mingle freely in that area but it did create a pinch point 
  • Seemed to me that the police tried to use a tactic of funneling them to a point outside the valley cafe, so effectively creating a barrier of police.  This lead loads of Charlton oiks gathering at the same point, mostly under 16s and a few who older who couldn't resist. Probably better than letting fans mingle freely in that area but it did create a pinch point 
    Just keep them in the ground for 30 minutes. It's done everywhere else when there's potential for trouble...

• Sponsored links:

• Someone would raise a human rights issue about being imprisoned against their will.....and would probably win the case. 
  • iaitch said:
    Someone would raise a human rights issue about being imprisoned against their will.....and would probably win the case. 
    Not if if it were enclosed in the T&C’s of buying a ticket, ie, you could potentially be held in for up to 30-45 minutes blah blah blah, it’s how train companies cover their arses stating that buying a ticket does not guarantee a seat, another potential human rights claim 

• edited April 2019
    Just watching them at Accrington, very impressive numbers but as many said about them last week, very very dull, quiet and unimaginative. 2-0 up against 10 men and they still dont sing. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Just watching them at Accrington, very impressive numbers but as many said about them last week, very very dull, quiet and unimaginative. 2-0 up against 10 men and they still dont sing. 
    I must be watching a different Luton game to you se7
  • edited April 2019
    Fosuesque from last season that third goal by Mpanzu.
  • Was impressed by Mpanzu at our place. Quality
  • edited April 2019
    What on earth was the Accrington keeper doing? Can't remember too many keepers giving away 2 penalties, and both in the first 25 minutes!

https://twitter.com/Uk___goals/status/1119665420334718976