Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Luton Town | Sat 13 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 1-1. Our toughest game of the season.

Amazed by the optimism on here!
    Luton are without suspended top scorer James Collins. 
  • Every not losing sequence has to have an end. Is it ours or theirs ? Well I'm going for theirs we win 1-0 in a tight edge encounter.  

See they hey have sold out and are now beaming back to Kenilworth road for 700 fans in their ground. So that helps our chances of getting 3 points. 
  • Really been looking forward to this one and am coming down for it and the last two home games, then the play offs and then Wembley for the final .. (Come on youse Addicks) .. big question is, as already mentioned, Sarr or Pearce .. 
    I have a hunch that Bowyer will go for Pearce just that extra experience and nous .. Vetokele just MUST score soon  .. let's hope tomorrow is the day and that McCormack is given the appropriate welcome that's due to a returning hero ((:>)

CAFC 2 V Luton Town 0
  • 1-1 and the bubble bursts - play offs here we come!, keep the good run going and think we can go all the way. luton are where they are for a reason and i think some of our results of late have maybe flattered us a little and bit of luck has gone our way. 

for example sunderland the other night hit the woodwork 4 times and drew 1-1 yet a lot are expecting them to fade away. for us now it is about getting our best position in playoffs 3rd or 4th. 
  • The 2-2 at their place was maybe our most under appreciated result of the season.

Collins out, Lua Lua and Hylton looking less likely.
    Combine that with our excellent home record and I see no reason we can't do it

2-0 to us. 
  • edited April 2019
    Just have a just have a feeling we’ll win this. There was a feel good factor at Wycombe on Tuesday and I hope it continues. Need to change the team around a bit but see no reason no to be confident. This feels a bit like the Huddersfield game in 2012. 
  • A real test of our credentials tomorrow but we must remember we are not playing Barcelona, just a rather good League One side in Luton. I can see no reason why, if everyone is on their game, we can't beat them but, this being Charlton, I'll probably be regretting my optimism tomorrow evening!!
    Charlton 2 Luton 0
  • Could be a Sunderland-type game. Luton are deservedly where they are but if we put in a Pompey-like performance (and get a bit of luck) who knows? Being the eternal optimist though, I'll go for 2-2
  • Buzzin for this one. Gave a very good account of ourselves at their place, might have won it but for a couple of bits of sleepy defending. Certainly deserved the point we got there. We haven't found the level of consistency of Luton, and they score more goals than us, but I genuinely believe that we're every bit as good as them when we are on top form. Hard to know if we'll be on top form tomorrow but I'm sure Bowyer will have them fired up. We've been excellent at home, they've been excellent on the road. Form team vs the best team. Best attack vs best defence. It's a genuinely fascinating encounter. I'm not going to make a prediction, but I do believe we can win it and isn't that a nice feeling to have for a change in a game like this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just have a just have a feeling we’ll win this. There was a feel good factor at Wycombe on Tuesday and I hope it continues. Need to change the team around a bit but see no reason no to be confident. This feels a bit like the Huddersfield game in 2012. 
    Trouble is, this time, we're Huddersfield.
  • BTW, I no longer live in Morecambe. I live in Margate but don't know how to change my user name. Perhaps someone could advise me of how to go about it.
    should change you uname to 'I doliketobebesidetheseaside' ((:>)
  • BTW, I no longer live in Morecambe. I live in Margate but don't know how to change my user name. Perhaps someone could advise me of how to go about it.
    Leeds Addick is your man, he changed his when he moved up North  :)
  • Thanks eastandmike.
  • edited April 2019
    Charlton are in my acca this weekend 9/4 astonishing price, Bowyer teams turn up on the occasion, that’s why we’re optimistic.

2-0 one either side of the break Taylor and Reeves.
  • Even without Collins Luton will be tough. Still cannot believe the side we played last Sept would be champions but what do I know? 1-1, honours even.
  • 1-0 charlton, even if it’s another bum deflection goal against a good side, like the Blackburn game last year
  • 3-1 to the rip roaring scoring Addicks...
  • got 2 spares going. giving them away for free. my flight back from my holiday has been delayed so i can’t make it. absolutely gutted
  • Sponsored links:

• the spares are gone
  • Yep, we’re going to win this. Got that feeling.
  • Nice win, Igor hat trick and Taylor. Get in!!
  • Hopefully I am well enough to make this tomorrow, be absolutely gutted if I can’t. Had some better days recently but last couple have been feeling awful. No proper preview from me this weekend.

Tough game, very tough game, but like others on here, got a feeling we will end their run. So even more keen to feel better and make tomorrow. We are unbeaten in our last 14 home league games, Luton unbeaten in last 28 league games.

Same team as @ForeverAddickted, unless Bielik is fit to play, he will come in for Reeves.

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Luton Town
    Vetokele
    Taylor
  • Sage said:
    Hopefully I am well enough to make this tomorrow, be absolutely gutted if I can’t. Had some better days recently but last couple have been feeling awful. No proper preview from me this weekend.

Tough game, very tough game, but like others on here, got a feeling we will end their run. So even more keen to feel better and make tomorrow. We are unbeaten in our last 14 home league games, Luton unbeaten in last 28 league games.

Same team as @ForeverAddickted, unless Bielik is fit to play, he will come in for Reeves.

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Luton Town
    Vetokele
    Taylor
    Fingers crossed you can make it. 🙏
  • Sage - hope you feel well enough tomorrow but don't risk you health just for a match, there will be a lot more matches
  • Sage said:
    Hopefully I am well enough to make this tomorrow, be absolutely gutted if I can’t. Had some better days recently but last couple have been feeling awful. No proper preview from me this weekend.

What's up?
  • Sage, I really like your pre match game insights, and hope you are back to good health soon.
  • Sadly. 0 - 2
  • Thank you guys, I hope I can too, so best to try and get some proper sleep.

Without hijacking the thread, and apologise for kind of doing just that, I’ve been under the weather for a little while with my heart and chest, but recently been really ill, sickness, body aches, temperature, not eating, not sleeping etc.

So hoping for a good night and enough energy to make it tomorrow.

I appreciate the kind words too.