Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Playoff dates efl email

sharing this from Facebook page 

Comments

• Good news if the dates stay that way.
    Would mean the away leg would be on the Friday if finish 5th
  • edited April 2019
    Nothing stopping them from putting 4th v 5th on the Thursday, especially if the police request it.
  • Nothing stopping them from putting 4th v 5th on the Thursday, especially if the police request it.
    As long as it's the Portsmouth game
  • In that case, if those dates are what they will be. I hope we finish either 2nd or 3rd as otherwise I need to get work sorted for both dates if we are 4th or 5th. Very frustrating for me personally.

Thanks for sharing though!
  • i don't get why the games have to be so close together. 
  • If this works out at least Bowyer will have a week to prepare rather than just a few days like last year. Need to try and get 3rd or 4th as then away at weekend to Doncaster, Sunderland or Barnsley (or even Pompey) it's better than a weekday night!
  • Good news, as I'm not sure I could have made a match on the 9th and they've put the L2 playoffs there instead
  • Sage said:
    In that case, if those dates are what they will be. I hope we finish either 2nd or 3rd as otherwise I need to get work sorted for both dates if we are 4th or 5th. Very frustrating for me personally.

Finishing 2nd works for me, bypass the play-offs.
  • Sage said:
    In that case, if those dates are what they will be. I hope we finish either 2nd or 3rd as otherwise I need to get work sorted for both dates if we are 4th or 5th. Very frustrating for me personally.

Finishing 2nd works for me, bypass the play-offs.
    And pays for a season ticket next year by not going semis and wembley
  • The Swindon semi was on 17th May as well. Best avoid that date
  • Sponsored links:

• Irrelevant we are finishing 2nd
  • I'm away in Portugal from 9th to 13th...I hope I can find a bar showing the game
  • Looks like my gamble of booking a cheap, cheeky week in Tenerife from 17th-24th has been very poor judgement ....
  • 8 days maximum to sell tickets for Wembley.

That will be interesting to see how things work.
  • sharing this from Facebook page 

Good work Mr Hater, can you get back to them for kick off times please.
  • Seems weird that 3 of the 4 first leg matches (League 1 & Championship) are on the same day.....11th May. I would have thought they would have wanted to space them out more.
  • Seems weird that 3 of the 4 first leg matches (League 1 & Championship) are on the same day.....11th May. I would have thought they would have wanted to space them out more.
    Three live matches on the Saturday, two on the Sunday. Easier to travel, no time off work required for many. I guess that's the thinking Golfie? 
  • Sponsored links:

Three live matches on the Saturday, two on the Sunday. Easier to travel, no time off work required for many. I guess that's the thinking Golfie? 
    Thinking of the fans for a change.
  • At a guess the Saturday games will be 12.30, 5.30 and 8pm?
  • Annoying as I'm due to be traveling to Chicago either the 16th or 17th (can't remember which). I'm an anxious flier at the best of times, don't know how I'll do with the second leg of the playoffs looming large.
  • sam3110 said:
    At a guess the Saturday games will be 12.30, 5.30 and 8pm?
    Think one of the games last season was 3pm on the Saturday

Couldnt understand why because of the media blackout
  • Sunday is going to be a lovely choice of a day for those of us who don't live in a major city. Oh, and it's a Bank Holiday weekend too.

I've taken a few quick looks at trains, coaches, and even flying. And this is before you get me started on hotels.

It's looking concerning to say the least....
  • Sunday is going to be a lovely choice of a day for those of us who don't live in a major city. Oh, and it's a Bank Holiday weekend too.

I've taken a few quick looks at trains, coaches, and even flying. And this is before you get me started on hotels.

I'll be in Barnstable on the 26th😊

Can they, for example, have both Middlesbrough and Sunderland at home in play offs on the 11th?

Can they, for example, have both Middlesbrough and Sunderland at home in play offs on the 11th?
    They're both at home on Friday and the 27th April so I imagine so

They're also under different police forces (Cleveland and Northumbria respectively) which I guess helps

I'll be in Barnstable on the 26th😊
    Barnstable? Where's that then? You mean Barnstaple I take it?  ;)

In true Devonshire - where you be too in Barnie then?

As it's Bank Holiday weekend and assuming you are not a regular visitor, some tidbits of advice;

a) If you want to eat out, book a table, you'd be amazed at the amount of dingos who are shocked when they can't just rock up to their local pub/restaurant in the UK's busiest tourist environment on a Bank Holiday weekend and get a table like it's their local Wetherspoons.

b) If you go to the beach, there's a whole beach to choose from! Take Saunton or Woolacombe. Christ knows why everyone packs into one corner so you can be surrounded all day by screaming children, misthrown frisbees and a dog s***ing on your wetsuit.

c) Don't go out "for a few drinks" in Barnstaple. Locals don't even do this. Has the nighlife of a prison. Drink is also more expensive now and Spoons actually has the audacity to charge £2 to get in after 8pm because, and I quote, "we have a dancefloor". So, I don't want to dance? Plus I thought that was a free art.

Apart from all that, have a great time! :) And if you need any tips let me know.
  • edited April 2019
    1st legs
    6th vs 3rd Saturday 11th may 19.30
    5th vs 4th Sunday 12th may 12.15

2nd legs
    3rd vs 6th Thursday 16th may 19.45
    4th vs 5th Friday 17th may 19.45

@ElfsborgAddick

times confirmed. 

potential nightmare for the 1st legs as an overnight stop likely required and the sunday game may also require if wanting to travel by train going up night before