Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier league darts. Rotterdam

Wow who saw the darts these past two nights. What an incredible venue and atmosphere. The noise for Van Barneveld was unreal. Just a shame to see he has completely lost it now and has just announced he is retiring immediately. Will always be a legend

Comments

• He makes it sound like such an ordeal. He's better off out of it.  

• Raymond had had a very tough 2 nights and in all his emotions he said he was gonne retire right away. I just spoke with him and we agreed it is better to take a couple of days to clear the mind and think about the future. I hope everyone understand. Kind Regards Jaco van Bodegom https://t.co/jLYgUdAPD3
  • edited March 2019
    I looked at the headline of that tweet (I don’t have twitter) 

“Raymond v Barneveld “ 

and for a split second thought not heard of the player Raymond who Barneveld played against , doh ! 
  • wish barney all the best, but the cynic in me hopes that he does not just get invited to the world championships by not qualifying and that is not fair. 

he has a lot of stuff going on away from the stage going through a divorce etc and he isn't as good as he used to be, i was hoping to see him at this years world champs. 
  • RvB has done a 180 (I’m here all week)
    reversed his decision to retire and will continue playing for the rest of year
  • Difficult 1 this. Has clearly been put under pressure to carry on, but Maybe it's best for him if he does retire now though. He's clearly struggling for motivation & appears to be falling out of the love with the game. Why put himself through it for another few months. He's earned the right to retire on his terms
  • RvB has done a 180 (I’m here all week)
    reversed his decision to retire and will continue playing for the rest of year
    Bloody selfish git, that takes away my "highlight" of having seen him in his last world finals.