Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alan Brazil

Has there even been a worse radio presenter? 

Comments

• I once met him pissed as a fart in a bar near St Pauls. I can only say he was so friendly and polite despite being pissed. I had about 20min chat with him mainly about england as it was during the 2002 tournament. I liked him to tell the truth. I have since heard him on talksport and yes his presenting is not great but i always remember my chat with him so i forgive him for being a bit shit. I would not be surprised if hes half pissed most mornings by the sound of it.
    He cant be the worse surely? Im not a big radio listener but hes ok
  • I once met him pissed as a fart in a bar near St Pauls. I can only say he was so friendly and polite despite being pissed. I had about 20min chat with him mainly about england as it was during the 2002 tournament. I liked him to tell the truth. I have since heard him on talksport and yes his presenting is not great but i always remember my chat with him so i forgive him for being a bit shit. I would not be surprised if hes half pissed most mornings by the sound of it.
    He cant be the worse surely? Im not a big radio listener but hes ok
    That would be Bow Wine Vaults, he used to live in there almost. 
  • Ah herd two versions 
  • Thought this was a dreaded RIP thread.
  • Seems that Talksport have Ally Mcoist earmarked as his long term replacement, he's been excellent on there lately.
  • buckshee said:
    Seems that Talksport have Ally Mcoist earmarked as his long term replacement, he's been excellent on there lately.
    Not sure I think McCoist is great but Brazil needs to be gone. He's a complete dinosaur who seems more concerned about making tedious anecdotes about his lifestyle than offering any insight on sporting matters - seems to do no preparation.

A lot of ex pros are simply not good broadcasters and he to me stands out as the worst. 
  • Has there even been a worse radio presenter? 
    Depends what you like / don’t like.

No one can deny the blokes popularity with his listeners or ignore the fact he has been a leading Breakfast Show (prime slot) host for over 20 years.
    Like all on talksport, he’s low brow but he appeals to many.  
  • Has there even been a worse radio presenter? 

No one can deny the blokes popularity with his listeners or ignore the fact he has been a leading Breakfast Show (prime slot) host for over 20 years.
    Yeah that's a fair comment, although if I drank as much as he does, as often as he does, I doubt I'd be up in time to do a drive time show
  • Carter said:
    Has there even been a worse radio presenter? 

Yeah that's a fair comment, although if I drank as much as he does, as often as he does, I doubt I'd be up in time to do a drive time show
    Your also be sacked if you turned up for work as little as he does 
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s part of his USP though. His listeners love it when he’s out on the razz, willing him to drag normally sensible co-presenters and guests through an almighty session and getting pleasure on those rare events he’s too drunk to coming into work, meaning Danny Kelly or Max Rushdon get the call at 05.30.

It taps into other people’s alter-ego voyeurism. Go on Al, get on the smash. When’s Cheltenham, will he make it in, x has been Braziled etc...
  • I actually think he's decent, like listening to his show if I'm in the car of a morning.

Think McCoist is excellent whenever I've seen him on TV or listened on the Radio

• Brazil was also the Sky co-commentator on the play off final against Sunderland and for that reason alone, he's ok by me.

Plus he loves Cheltenham and going on the lash

• Well I like him.
    Far worse than him on the radio. 
  • Used to really enjoy him on the sports breakfast properly for the reasons @AFKABartram pointed out above but after years of it its dated and the whole breakfast show has become a bit of a boys club.  
  • Not my cuppa tea, but as said above, he's been doing it a while.

Do people still pay money to go and listen to him talk?
  • edited March 2019
    Met him in the bar of the Wembley Hilton at the play off final pre match ......he was a really great fella.
    He was rooting for Sunderland and we made an agreement that whoever lost would buy the other a drink after the game.
    On leaving the ground I walked past the line of TV outside broadcast vehicles and standing there was AB.
    ”See you back at the bar Alan”.
    He laughed and said something along the lines of OK I’ll be there in a while.
    He never showed.......and to this day still owes me a drink!
  • No time at all for him after he got 'done' for drink driving in 2008. He lamely tried to blame incorrect police procedure and a faulty breathalyser machine at Bury St Edmunds nick; as opposed to the bottle of wine he'd drunk and police evidence of him swerving about the A14! Oh, and not to mention the fact that he (eventually) blew twice over the limit. 

It amazes me that, on a daily basis, one of his main broadcasting anecdotes is to glorify the virtues of getting pissed all the time!
  • clive said:
    I just find him to be an ignorant fool who is poorly informed and is a very poor presenter. Tedious anecdotes about his drinking exploits are constantly dragged out. Very low brow and by far the worst presenter on Talksport.

The combination of McCoist and Dallaglio has been far better in his absence.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    He is a medical marvel, looks like he is going to drop dead at any moment! (I really hope it isn't today or I am going to feel awful!)
  • I dont mind him but they all pale in the shadow of the great Danny Kelly.
  • He is a medical marvel, looks like he is going to drop dead at any moment! (I really hope it isn't today or I am going to feel awful!)
    I see him quite a bit round Canary Wharf. 

I must say say that he is often a most unhealthy shade of purple. 
  • He is a medical marvel, looks like he is going to drop dead at any moment! (I really hope it isn't today or I am going to feel awful!)

Usually sets himself up in the Sports Bar for the day!  Definitely going to explode some day soon!!
  • TelMc32 said:
    He is a medical marvel, looks like he is going to drop dead at any moment! (I really hope it isn't today or I am going to feel awful!)

Usually sets himself up in the Sports Bar for the day!  Definitely going to explode some day soon!!

Proper shithole that is. 
  • TelMc32 said:

Proper shithole that is. 
    I can't stand it and try to avoid...service is absolutely appalling. They haven't a clue how to run a bar.   
  • The sports bar chains are crap and overpriced the one at Waterloo is beyond pricey and shit pints