Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
I see joe aribo is being linked with a move to arsenal today for a small compensation fee !! We are going to struggle to keep him it also worrying that no other contracts have been sorted out yet 

Comments

• I don't know about rumours but how about a transfer fact.

Unless Roland goes we won't spend a penny on transfer fees.
  • Not a big surprise, I know but heard he's not signing. Last i heard, two weeks ago was that Hull were favourites to sign him.
  • Redhenry said:
    Not a big surprise, I know but heard he's not signing. Last i heard, two weeks ago was that Hull were favourites to sign him.
    See that's the sort of team I would say to go to not arsenal at least he would get game time there prob not as much as he would here though
  • can anyone see bowyer sticking around he has done wonders here? and another season in league 1 with a makeshift squad 
  • No way will Bowyer stay another year under Roland and I don't blame him. Jackson might stick around as manager as it is a bit of a win win. We are in big trouble to be quite honest. 
  • The worrying thing to me is all these players out of contract we've had nearly  2 weeks to sort out some of them and none have something is got to be happening behind the scenes surely 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    The worrying thing to me is all these players out of contract we've had nearly  2 weeks to sort out some of them and none have something is got to be happening behind the scenes surely 

Not really.   Some haven't been offered and those that have been offered are waiting ie Aribo

They've not offered LB or JJ new contracts.

Everything on hold while Duchatelet listens to the voices in his head that £65m is a fair price, the EFL will buy the club and buyers should pay him when they fund promotion to the premier league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Withdrawing the original offer to Joe Aribo and then coming back with an insulting 50% reduction in the summer must be the ultimate example of Duchatelet’s idiocy - even by reference to his own warped view of the world.

I can only imagine that he was either in a fit of pique, having seen the latest figures, or was trying to push Joe out of the club on the eve of the season. The Independent, who broke the story, said that the player was being hawked around for £900,00.
  • can anyone see bowyer sticking around he has done wonders here? and another season in league 1 with a makeshift squad 
    Yes I believe he will, but only he knows.
    Yes I believe he will, but only he knows.
    It will depend on what offers he gets, but I am sure there will some.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Even if Aribo had signed a new contract last summer, he would have still been sold this summer regardless - Roland would have just pocketed a much bigger fee.

Roland losing out big time because of his myopic penny pinching policy.

Agreed - as Bowyer said, Aribo would probably have gone in January but for his injury.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I see joe aribo is being linked with a move to arsenal today for a small compensation fee !! We are going to struggle to keep him it also worrying that no other contracts have been sorted out yet 
    Not that i wish to knock the kid, but no way is he good enough for Arsenal. Should look to step up to a decent championship side first, not waste his career playing U23 games for Arsenal. He'd end up on loan in the championship anyway.
  • Blucher said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Even if Aribo had signed a new contract last summer, he would have still been sold this summer regardless - Roland would have just pocketed a much bigger fee.

Agreed - as Bowyer said, Aribo would probably have gone in January but for his injury.

I still don't get that. It's not like it was a career threatening injury and he was going to be out for months. More like, clubs weren't sure of him and wanted to see more before they spent any money.
  • Simonsen said:
    Blucher said:
    Oggy Red said:

I still don't get that. It's not like it was a career threatening injury and he was going to be out for months. More like, clubs weren't sure of him and wanted to see more before they spent any money.
    He was injured so he wouldnt have passed a medical and thats why he wasnt sold, not because his injury was bad, but clubs wont sign players without completing a medical(or very rarely will they)
  • Simonsen said:
    Blucher said:
    Oggy Red said:

Why pay a fee that the club wants when he is out of contract in the summer. 
  • This'll rival the sale thread in views and pages..............................
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Simonsen said:
    Blucher said:
    Oggy Red said:

Why pay a fee that the club wants when he is out of contract in the summer. 

Maybe because in the meantime another club might come in for him and get him (like Huddersfield did with Grant).

Still don't see why such a minor injury put anyone off.

• Looks like mikhail Kennedy is being released by his Instagram page 
  • edited May 2019
    Habib Diallo in Ligue 2 worth a look if we get promoted... even then he may want a crack in Ligue 1 next season with Metz...
  • Anyone know what happens to Chelsea's 41 loan players when they all return to the Bridge? Will they be unable to get new loans at new clubs? Very weird if they are unable to get a game for Chelsea and have to be paid. Maybe Da Silva will be released and we can resign him?
  • There are some seriously good players who are free in the summer and I hope Bowyer has his eyes on them. Graham Carey, Josh Morris, Tom Eaves to name a few.

I've seen Cawley say Eaves is not a target for Millwall so I've put 2 and 2 together and I think that means he is on his way to us