Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Walker RIP

The sun ain't gonna shine anymore

Comments

• RIP....Fantastic voice.
  • RIP - agreed Hastings, what a hobsons! 
  • Great Voice - RIP
  • RIP. A great singer, I've always meant to explore his solo catalogue
  • RIP. Massive Scott walker fan, particularly his first four solo albums. I find his latter work intriguing, though not all that easy on the ear. If you haven't seen it, check out the documentary "30th century man" to get an idea of the creative processes for a man devoted to music, who spent many years trying to distance himself from his prior pop incarnation in the Walker brothers (whose tunes still stack up admirably)
  • A man with 'No regrets.'

Great singer.
  •  A truly wonderful voice  - Check out First Loves never die -Magnificent-RIP
  • RIP. Magnificent voice
  • RIP A great singer
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    RIP. Massive Scott walker fan, particularly his first four solo albums. I find his latter work intriguing, though not all that easy on the ear. If you haven't seen it, check out the documentary "30th century man" to get an idea of the creative processes for a man devoted to music, who spent many years trying to distance himself from his prior pop incarnation in the Walker brothers (whose tunes still stack up admirably)

I can't improve on those words.

RIP Scott

• RIP.  His post WB albums are simply fantastic and will endure for a long, long time.
  • This was him at the start of his career, aged about 15... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Tw0QUXrqM&feature=share
  • RIP Scott.
  • RIP Scott, a truly wonderful, rich, mahogany voice.
  • Fantastic voice.
    RIP
  • RIP a star voice!
  • RIP Scott.
  • RIP Scott.......your place in rock history is cast in stone......RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP

Another provider  of my youth memories dies
  • RIP Scott
  • R.I.P. A great voice.
  • edited March 2019

not sure what the word is but yesterday I had a weird thought whilst watching something completely unrelated to scott walker but for some reason I had the urge to play one of his albums. problem is the recordings I have of his aren't great quality. so I went online to find out how much a box set of his would come to. then I see the news that he had just died. similar to a premonition but obviously not a forewarning. maybe just a strange coincidence.

anyway, RIP. I hope to get a decent recording of his music to hear his voice in all its glory.

• One of THE voices of the 20th century
  • Tragedy, or was that the Bee Gees?

Scotts ship has finally come in, fabulous voice, shed a tear to many of his tunes.

R I P