Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal interested in Aribo?

suspect his agent is going to be busy putting these stories around the press in the next few months

Daily Mirror

Arsenal have entered the hunt for Charlton starlet Joe Aribo. 

The Gunners have had Addicks academy product Aribo, 22, watched a number of times this season. 

And they have seen enough to add him to the list of players on their radar for this summer.

Composed, tall, left-footed midfielder Aribo has been Charlton's standout player this term, helping him catch Arsenal's eye.

He has made 28 appearances and chipped in with six goals for the League 1 promotion chasers. 

Aribo is out of contract at the end of the season which will only increase his appeal as he will be available to the Gunners for a small compensation fee because of his age

Comments

• We’re definitely going to lose him, but I would like to see him go to somewhere like Bournemouth or Southampton maybe.  Somewhere he’ll get a chance of first team football.

it may be that he’s good enough to get in at Arsenal, I just don’t know, but I wouldn’t want to see go there, and find himself out on loan at a championship side in jan 2020
  • cabbles said:
    We’re definitely going to lose him, but I would like to see him go to somewhere like Bournemouth or Southampton maybe.  Somewhere he’ll get a chance of first team football.

it may be that he’s good enough to get in at Arsenal, I just don’t know, but I wouldn’t want to see go there, and find himself out on loan at a championship side in jan 2020
    Hopefully we could be that championship side
  • Arsenal are probably keeping an eye on Bielik, and press are putting 2+2 together and think they're watching Aribo.
  • It would be lax of Arsenals scouting system not to have had an eye on him. If we go up it is up to Bowyer and his mates to persuade him to stay.
  • Diego Poywt was rumored to be going to Barcelona.
  • Aribo will be gone in the summer. Definitely. For bugger all. But I guess we should be glad to see him playing in the Premier League, for another team. Forgot who said that now...

Nothing changes. Until the bloke who owns us sells and we’re run by people who plan and care about the club, this will just continue. 
  • Was going to say, if Roland is still here, hope we don’t get much of a fee. But then it just adds to how much he wants for the club. Mad.
  • Our starting 11 next year will look a lot like a borderline L2 team. We are losing a lot of people in the summer. Not sure a change of ownership even changes that at this point. Getting up in the playoffs or we have a long, lonnng road.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    A few predictions:

1. He'll leave with the move being announced in May or June (Roland will still be our owner).
    2. Some of our fanbase will abuse him, call him a snake etc.
    3. He'll move to a better club than Huddersfield leading to someone saying Grant should have waited to get his move like Aribo did.
    4. He'll be called a product of our academy.
    5. Our most positive deluded fans will claim we already have his replacement in Forster-Caskey who is a better player.
    6. We’ll them have to endure years of #MadeInCharlton nonsense 
  • I'd be staggered if Arsenal signed Aribo. Yes he's a talented player, but he's a 22 year old 3rd division player and they're a top 6 club with an academy full of talented youngsters.
    If they can loan him out to the Championship for a season and then sell him for £5-10m, that will be sensible business and help them out with financial fair play.

I don’t expect he would ever play for Arsenal in the Premier League but wouldn’t be shocked to see them try to turn a profit on him.
  • Scoham said:
    A few predictions:

1. He'll leave with the move being announced in May or June (Roland will still be our owner).
    2. Some of our fanbase will abuse him, call him a snake etc.
    3. He'll move to a better club than Huddersfield leading to someone saying Grant should have waited to get his move like Aribo did.
    4. He'll be called a product of our academy.
    5. Our most positive deluded fans will claim we already have his replacement in Forster-Caskey who is a better player.
    6. We’ll them have to endure years of #MadeInCharlton nonsense 
    #MadeInStaines
  • edited March 2019
    I'd be staggered if Arsenal signed Aribo. Yes he's a talented player, but he's a 22 year old 3rd division player and they're a top 6 club with an academy full of talented youngsters.
    They bought Jenkinson when we were last in L1 and he had only played a few first team games for us 
  • For me as it’s Roland running the club I’m quite happy to see him go for compensation only.  As if RD would ever put that the money back into the club.  
  • My advice to any player in Aribo's position is to go for a decent fee. It makes no difference to us if Roland still owns us, but you need the buying club to really want you, not to have a free punt. If they spend good money on you, it increases the pressure on them to give you a proper chance. I think his next move ought to be the Championship rather than Arsenal.
  • My advice to any player in Aribo's position is to go for a decent fee. It makes no difference to us if Roland still owns us, but you need the buying club to really want you, not to have a free punt. If they spend good money on you, it increases the pressure on them to give you a proper chance. I think his next move ought to be the Championship rather than Arsenal.
    Unfortunately his agent will be telling him that it’s better to go for free and get a bigger signing on fee and higher wages.
  • edited March 2019
    My advice to any player in Aribo's position is to go for a decent fee. It makes no difference to us if Roland still owns us, but you need the buying club to really want you, not to have a free punt. If they spend good money on you, it increases the pressure on them to give you a proper chance. I think his next move ought to be the Championship rather than Arsenal.
    Unfortunately his agent will be telling him that it’s better to go for free and get a bigger signing on fee and higher wages.
    I'm sure he will, but he has to make sure he isn't a bench warmer. It could hinder his career. The best time to leave a club is when you stop getting better and you are too big for it. He should be targeting the Championship next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• ''Aribo had been keen to stay at the Valley but Charlton withdrew

their opening offer and offered him reduced terms when

they returned with a second offer, according to the Mirror.''

Well done Roland!

• Get your running gear on Aribo 
  • edited March 2019

Hi Joe, it's your agent here. I've got a couple of choices for you, you can move to a god forsaken northern hell hole called Hull in the Championship or Arsenal, take your time to decide.

• Hi Joe, it's your agent here. I've got a couple of choices for you, you can move to a god forsaken northern hell hole called Hull in the Championship or Arsenal, take your time to decide.
    Or even Eintracht Frankfurt who seem on the edge of Champions League qualification for next season
  • At least we “get to watch the Premier stars of the future” before they leave us. Great fun and a shrewd marketing hook for anyone with no experience  thinking of running a football club. 
    😀
  • Tottenham signed a league one box to box midfielder who nobody had heard of and within 18 months he was an England regular. Aribo might not be the next Delle Alli but he's certainly got the potential to kick on with better players around him. 
  • edited March 2019
    It seems criminal that Roland offered Aribo a contract on lesser terms. If this really happened it is up there with all of his other terrible mistakes. Who advised him if this is the case?
  • edited March 2019
    Careful everyone,  Roland has ground breaking "Let's fuck Charlton fans over" radar!
  • Can I be 1st to put a price tag on Joe? £65m.
  • It seems criminal that Roland offered Aribo a contract on lesser terms. If this really happened it is up there with all of his other terrible mistakes. Who advised him if this is the case?
    I thought that was fairly common knowledge. About a year or two ago?