Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters' Trust Meeting *4th August 7.00pm* - What are YOU going to do?

Comments

• Options
    I'm getting seriously worried the room at the CC isn't going to be big enough.

RS / DA9, do you know what the capacity is ?
  • Options
    Ok - I've printed 250 leaflets, I'll probably get fired if I print anymore.

Where should I target ? I was going to go to Bartrams but if anyone is drinking anyplace else or thinks I'd be better going somewhere else I will ?

I'd be happy to come and give you some leaflets (or I can e-mail you the word doc if you want to print them out ?) if you fancy handing a few out yourself....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm getting seriously worried the room at the CC isn't going to be big enough.

Might have to use the hall, downstairs at the back.
  • Options
    Id go into the liberal and cons club and Bugle. But ask the landlor of the bugle first cos i got a bollocking once for not asking. would say the Oak if it had been opened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm getting seriously worried the room at the CC isn't going to be big enough.

Upstairs about 100+ just over, downstairs, comfortably 200+ (not scientific)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Ok - I've printed 250 leaflets, I'll probably get fired if I print anymore.

Where should I target ? I was going to go to Bartrams but if anyone is drinking anyplace else or thinks I'd be better going somewhere else I will ?

I'd be happy to come and give you some leaflets (or I can e-mail you the word doc if you want to print them out ?) if you fancy handing a few out yourself....

Do you want any paper? I should be able to get a small quantity of a4 suitable for printing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Ok - I've printed 250 leaflets, I'll probably get fired if I print anymore.

Do you want any paper? I should be able to get a small quantity of a4 suitable for printing.

Cheers mate but I've already printed them out. Just normal plain A4 but should still do the job !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Cheers mate but I've already printed them out. Just normal plain A4 but should still do the job !

Let me know if you need anymore and I'll see what I can do.
  • Options
    vote afka!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]CHARLTON ATHLETIC SUPORTERS TRUST

Someone could have told me I spelt "Supporters" wrong, got slaughtered for that !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone could have told me I spelt "Supporters" wrong, got slaughtered for that !

Well at least people read them. Just as well we had that offer from the proof reader you mentioned : - )

What sort of reaction did you get? (apart from the spelling)
  • Options
    Yep, response was pretty good. Went round the Rose, Lib Club, Con Club and Bartrams. Managed to talk to quite a lot of people including Terry Hastings from the supporters trust (in Bartrams) and he seemed quite open to the idea and frustrated at the lack of info coming from the board. We have lots of good people like him at the club who are concerned about the future and want to do as much as possible to help make things better in the long term (which is what this is) so hopefully we’ll have a decent attendance next Tuesday.

Cheers to my mate Dave who was my partner in crime this week (even though he’s a gooner!).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Cheers to my mate Dave who was my partner in crime this week (even though he’s a gooner!).

Still there is hope for him. I've converted a few Gooners to our cause over the years!
  • Options
    Well done for that.

[cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Terry Hastings from the supporters trust

LOL, you really need that proof reading help C. : - )
  • Options
    ahh but we all knew what he really meant...good to meet you Craig and good luck with the campaign
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Well done for that.

[cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Terry Hastings from the supporters trust

LOL, you really need that proof reading help C. : - )

Yep, it's pretty bad (but then again my mate kept telling people it was for "the supporters club" despite me explaining 100 times that it wasn't !!)

[cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]ahh but we all knew what he really meant...good to meet you Craig and good luck with the campaign

Cheers Tel, hope you get some answers out the board soon !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]ahh but we all knew what he really meant...good to meet you Craig and good luck with the campaign

I didn't. : - )
  • Options

Someone taking the P. ;-0)
  • Options
    FYI

More support from the press for the ST meeting:

rob.virtue@wharf.co.uk to me

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the email. There is an article in tomorrow's newspaper advertising the meeting. Hope it goes well.

Please keep me informed on the progress.

Regards

Rob
  • Options
    FYI

Also now Greenwich Time August 4 issue

Let's remember these guys who support us in the future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/22/david-conn-derby-county

Just been reading this story re Derby. If it hadn't been for the Supporters Trust, the fraud might not have been exposed.
  • Options
    Good article, Still, though a different situation to here. Though I guess you never know who might take you over. Look at that nutsack at Livi. Who will cease to exist today, I think.
  • Options
    From the article StillAddickted linked to above.

Not suggesting for one moment that the current or any future owners are corrupt but this highlights one reason why having a Trust is useful

"Jim Wheeler and Elaine Dean, Ramstrust board members, said they felt their relentless questioning of the men in charge of their club had been vindicated. "We hope this shows other fans that they must ask questions, before welcoming into the boardroom 'businessmen' who have no previous association with their clubs. And it highlights the value of supporters' trusts to be vigilant about how their clubs are run."

The Football Association, Football League and Premier League have now introduced the requirement that directors and 30% owners of clubs must be "fit and proper", yet men with the same clean records as Keith, Mackay and Mackenzie had in 2003 would even now be welcomed in.

It is, still, very often up to the fans, loyal to their clubs for life, to watch what these people get up to once inside the game's golden circle."
  • Options
    Hearing some great feedback from supporters direct that Charlton's Supporters Trust is well regarded, and is one of the largest and most active in the Championship. Everyone who's contributed even back as far as Glynne's attempt to set one up should take credit, Charlton is a special club and so are its fans.
  • Options
    razil said:
    What could it potentially achieve? Ownership of the valley freehold perhaps?
    ahem
  • Options
    razil said:
    razil said:
    What could it potentially achieve? Ownership of the valley freehold perhaps?
    ahem
    Visionary extraordinaire ! ! 
  • Options
    What did happen at the meeting then?
  • Options
    Bit of an historic thread this one. I didn’t go as I’d just had my first child and felt I couldn’t spare the time. :( 
  • Options
    razil said:
    Bit of an historic thread this one. I didn’t go as I’d just had my first child and felt I couldn’t spare the time. :( 
    I sat next to @KillersBeard and had a young @se9addick in front of me

minutes from meeting are here:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/27995/minutes-of-the-proposed-supporters-trust-initial-meeting-4th-aug/p1