Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anfernee Dijksteel

Played well tonight.

Is he good enough to be a Kashi replacement next season? Assuming that Kashi won't sign a new deal with us.

Comments

• Good start and first time I'd seen him. Did well defensively and kept possession. Didn't offer anything going forward (played right back) but as I said in the post match thread he's naturally a defensive midfielder and it was his first(?) league appearance.

Hope he starts the cup game, ideally in midfield. Could end up playing there if Kashi picks up an injury and Konsa is needed in defence.
  • thought he looked very good in albeit a brief cameo. good luck to the lad. certainly has a future. quick and strong
  • Looked very solid when he came on tonight. We even tried to go down the right after he came on!
  • Looked composed and great turn of pace.
  • Well Roland will be happy as the ever shrinking valuation of Konsa will be offset by this next arrival on the production line
  • Looked very solid defensively at RB, but offered little going forward. I can understand him not wanting to make mistakes on his league debut.

He was definitely a better RB and Solly replacement than Konsa tonight

• I have seen quite a lot of Anfernee and @Callumcafc has it right that he is more suited to the Kashi role than the Solly one.
    He is a strong competitive player, with the odd bit of skill that so far has only been on display at U23 level, however he can be good, as he was with the step up tonight and pre season against Norwich.
    However he is very inexperienced and it would be foolish to expect too much from him at this stage, certainly not to build a midfield or defence around him or anything like that, indeed his introduction tonight felt appropriate and kind of naturally organic given the circumstances, and it is in this kind of way he should be introduced.
    Maybe play him against Wimbledon, and certainly play him against Swansea next week.
  • Good player based on tonights performance.
  • He is quality. Someone told me he has been the best player in training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good steady start and I thought all the young players played at a better tempo.
  • He certainly looked good. Excellent prospect - when will we sell him?!!
  • He is quality. Someone told me he has been the best player in training.

You can just say RedHenry ;).

Whenever I've seen him he seems to have that extra bit of class about him. As I said I think he's very unlucky that this is his first league game. He looks to be very good technically, and showed a turn of pace tonight that I didn't expect. He's no fuss with the ball which is what you want from a defensive midfielder.
  • He certainly looked good. Excellent prospect - when will we sell him?!!

We won't for at least 3/4 years, Richard Murray said with Roland owning the club we won't have to sell young players so early.
  • Got to say he looked 10 times better than Konsa at right back.
  • Played well tonight.

Is he good enough to be a Kashi replacement next season? Assuming that Kashi won't sign a new deal with us.

Can only hope.
  • He did look really good last night... Just a few times he seemed a bit hesitant when a pass was under hit to him and he seemed to have the thought of "Should I go towards the ball rather than wait for it" - Other than that though he was excellent

I know he's mainly a Defensive Midfielder but there is something about our Right-Backs who can cross... His first effort into their box was a lovely ball - Something our wingers couldnt do all night
  • Expect him to anothet premier league star of the future to be flogged off
  • He did look really good last night... Just a few times he seemed a bit hesitant when a pass was under hit to him and he seemed to have the thought of "Should I go towards the ball rather than wait for it" - Other than that though he was excellent

I know he's mainly a Defensive Midfielder but there is something about our Right-Backs who can cross... His first effort into their box was a lovely ball - Something our wingers couldnt do all night

That will come with time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good defensive midfielder but not a full back ...
  • Charlton manager Lee Bowyer said: “We’re close with Anfernee. Again, I think he is going to be a big part of the club in the future.

Roland's translation of that quote...

• Good defensive midfielder but not a full back ...
    Has done a job in defence but he seems more suited to midfield.
  • Better than Bielik, Cullen and Pratley in that position. A scandalous waste of our playing resources imo by Bowyer.
  • Cant understand how he has never been given a chance as  Defensive midfielder, at first didn't rate at RB but has grown into it a bit more and isn't as exposed as used to be. Good player hopefully he can be played in his correct position some time in the near future. 
  • Better than Bielik, Cullen and Pratley in that position. A scandalous waste of our playing resources imo by Bowyer.
    Maybe Pratley, but definitely not Bielik or Cullen. As Redhenry says, his distribution needs to improve if he wants a career at CM. I do however agree the continued insistence to play him RB is frustrating. 
    Maybe Pratley, but definitely not Bielik or Cullen. As Redhenry says, his distribution needs to improve if he wants a career at CM. I do however agree the continued insistence to play him RB is frustrating. 
    I doubt it is for Anfernee, if you asked him would he rather play right back or not all, because lets be honest he's not getting into midfield ahead of Bielik or Cullen, I'm sure he'd take playing at right back. He's a touch on the slow side for a full back, but is otherwise fairly decent. I don't really see why people have such a problem with him playing there. He's had far more solid games than iffy ones, and any iffy performances are more down to age and inexperience than lack of ability.

Many players have very successful careers playing in a different position at senior level to the one they came through the youth ranks in.
  • Heresy to say I know but I actually prefer him to Solly, really hope he signs