Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 1-1 Southend

many thanks to the 65 Lifers who gave marks, I have been making a right cock up of the yellow card table which has now been corrected, I hope.
also thanks to Admin for changing how to attach things it is now easier, I think  :)

Comments

• edited February 2019
    LL, you have Purrington playing 101 minutes, but I still enjoy this information. I thought Taylor only had 8 yellows?
  • edited February 2019
  • 70 yellow cards. that seems a bit high or is that the norm in this league.
  • ross1 said:
    LL, you have Purrington playing 101 minutes, but I still enjoy this information. I thought Taylor only had 8 yellows?
    thanks Ross, I'll change Purrington on my original, as for yellows I am using the stats from the OS as I cannot find any reliable stats as I doubted my own after my mistake with Bielik. Like you I thought Taylor was on 8 in the League and one in the FA Cup so my guess is that the OS shows the combined total, I'll do some research this week and try and find an answer to the yellow question.
  • ross1 said:
    thanks Ross, I'll change Purrington on my original, as for yellows I am using the stats from the OS as I cannot find any reliable stats as I doubted my own after my mistake with Bielik. Like you I thought Taylor was on 8 in the League and one in the FA Cup so my guess is that the OS shows the combined total, I'll do some research this week and try and find an answer to the yellow question.
    SoccerBase is always a good option for that sort of thing Lancs

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=50091
  • thanks FA just what I need which confirms that Lyle has 8 League yellows. I'll go through my stats and correct any yellow errors for the next edition.
  • So we lose Bielik now for 2 games as he has 10 yellows??
  • cafc-west said:
    So we lose Bielik now for 2 games as he has 10 yellows??
    Yup; thankfully Bauer will be back for Blackpool though so those two will just swap

Losing Krystian is probably a lot less of an impact than Lyle has been
  • cafc-west said:
    Yup; thankfully Bauer will be back for Blackpool though so those two will just swap

OK thanks FA.  Less of an impact but still a big impact as I thought he has been one of our best players for some time now.
  • Can we put a strikethrough Grant, not that im bitter :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    cafc-west said:

Definitely. But he is very good making defensive headers and interceptions, and we’ll miss that. 
  • cafc-west said:

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.....as they say. He's good on the ball & often drives us forward. Better in midfield imo. 
  • edited February 2019
    cafc-west said:

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.....as they say. He's good on the ball & often drives us forward. Better in midfield imo. 
    Agreed that he's better in Midfield than he is @ Centre-Back which is why I'd have swapped him for Bauer

The problem is we looked settled in the middle with just Cullen at the base, same we looked settled when it was just Bielik - Feels like one of our issues against Peterborough and Fleetwood was having both Cullen and Bielik trying to compete for that same position with Bowyer trying to accommodate both in a similar situation to England when we couldnt drop one of Gerrard and Lampard

Injury or Suspension is hinderance as we ideally need both options but in a strange way is helping us out in this case
  • Bielik does overplay though, something he'll need to sort out as in the PL if you lose the ball in dangerous positions, you are very likely to be punished. 10 bookings by February is poor as well
  • Incidentally Purrington has 4 bookings against him from his Wombles spell so is well away from the 10 mark