Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatalet Blocks Striker Transfer

Comments

• SDAddick said:
    Sage said:
    SDAddick said:
    ct_addick said:
    By releasing this Bowyer is now given a free ticket to leave and possibly take over a prem or championship club when they come calling which they will
    I'm not convinced that they will. Actually, no chance on Prem, Championship, possibly, but I would say it's no guarantee. 

If he wants to take that risk, I can't say I blame him. And I'm sure he has an agent with their ear to the ground on this stuff. But I do still think a League One team in fourth is most likely the best he'll get right now. 

This is obviously massively frustrating news. But I still believe it's in Bowyer's best interest at the moment to see the season out with us. If we get promoted his stock will go up, if we don't I think he can point to the selling of Karlan as the reason why. 
    Karlan leaving and not being anywhere near replaced has hugely hit us now, and could well be the difference between promotion and not.

However, believe me @SDAddick Bowyer is being kept a close eye on by many different clubs, they’ll have recognised the job he has done in such difficult circumstances, the role he has played in improving our current players, he would get a Championship club if we don’t go up this season. 
    Yeah, you're much more on the ground on this stuff than I am. 

I think it's wholly possible that he'd walk into a Championship job in the summer. I'm just not convinced he'd walk in to one straight away, or that if he did, it would be a good one. It's why I say continuing with us is a cooperative game, he gets experience, we don't have to find another manager--assuming it's not too tough on him. And I do think there are things he can work on with us that will make him a better coach. If he can make us better at breaking down compact teams sitting deep, he will put himself ahead of a lot of coaches at or around his level, because it's something I often find lacking in the British game. 

Also agree about Karlan, AND him not being adequately replaced, which you point out well.
    I do agree mate that it won’t be a hugely attractive job in the Championship, however it will be better than what we would be in the summer if we aren’t promoted. I know of two clubs at least who have looked at Bowyer and if you’re really interested I’ll PM you as it’s not fair to start a new speculation. Even if he were to leave, the other club would be willing to back him far more than Roland ever will.

Course he has much to learn, I am sure he would say the same but he seems to have really taken this management role in his stride. Bows really has potential and it sums us up right now his situation alone, let alone anything else that’s happening that is a disaster.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Can’t say it’s any surprise, we know what the mad mans like. He can count to three, and you never play more than 3 strikers. He’d probably snarl at me for owning 4 cars, can’t drive more than one at once after all. Same for shoes.

cant decide on Bowyers motive or is he just being honest. I do think though that with the squad we have there’s a lot of ‘we’ll show you’ towards Duchatelet. Partly this season but sadly the lack of contract signings, if he remains owner anyone under 35 can probably go to a trial day in the summer.

Bowyer won’t be here under the mad man next season that’s for sure.

i have a hunch that RD is doing everything he can do to make sure we don’t get promoted as the state of things I actually think we’d be worth less in the championship as the investment needed to be even remotely competitive would be far greater than the additional TV money.

Good point about the shoes. If Bowyer really gets sick of it he should throw caution to the wind and ask him 'How many shoes have you got?' When Doshitalot replies (for example) twelve pairs, then Bowyer should reply: 'sell the surplus eleven pairs then, you've only got one pair of feet, you stupid old sod.'
  • The man is nothing but a Hoofw***ing Bunglec**t. The moment he sods off cannot come quick enough. I’m not holding my breath - it’s going to be a lot longer than we all hope. 
    He is seventy so by law of averages we only have 12 years to wait (average+male+life+expectancy+in+belgium)
    In the meantime, we couldtry and wear him out somehow - like sell all his shoes and force him to walk barefoot. :)
  • .I’m not usually a vengeful person but I’m beginning to have some pretty dark thoughts regarding the horrible old scrote.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/1UhQor41dDPWM/giphy.gif
  • Sage said:
    If we don't go up it is down to one man. I have said this many times. The same applies to even if we do go up, it has nothing to do with Roland. He couldn't care less. How can you let Ajose, Grant and Clarke go, save on their wages which would as a guess be around 12-15k p/w, get in at least £1.5mil in transfer income and say you're not sanctioning another striker to be signed because we have Taylor (who can't be expected to do it all on his own), Vetokele (who is just coming back properly from a long term injury), and Parker (who is brand new to the team).

I'm getting so fed up with this debacle.

If promotion is not achieved, Bowyer is gone, he won't hang around.

Is there any point of us even trying to be promoted? Can you imagine the senile old **** giving the manager (whoever that might be) any more money to compete in a higher division? We’ll still be shopping in the Poundland sale whilst all the clubs around us are spending big on decent quality players - not forgetting losing any player who is anything half decent during both transfer windows.

As painful as it is to think about, I’ve come to accept that we’ll never move forward until this dreadful belgian lunatic is gone. 
    No, I completely agree with you as if he was to still own us as a Championship club, it’s almost a certainty we would go back down again due to the incredible amount of work that would need to be done, just for us to survive but Roland won’t fund that.

On the other hand, I do believe that if we were to be promoted, it would bring many new and potentially better future owners to the table as being in the Championship and a London club with potential, because that is what we are if we were to be in a higher league, we would become a more attractive proposition.

Either way, makes no sense for Roland to stick around but he’s delusional so I think we are stuck in this rut for a while.
  • The man is nothing but a Hoofw***ing Bunglec**t. The moment he sods off cannot come quick enough. I’m not holding my breath - it’s going to be a lot longer than we all hope. 
    He is seventy so by law of averages we only have 12 years to wait (average+male+life+expectancy+in+belgium)
    In the meantime, we couldtry and wear him out somehow - like sell all his shoes and force him to walk barefoot. :)
    I have got an old roll of duct tape in the draw, from a pound shop and it was fecking useless. Could we get that to him, coz that would really bollox his amateur shoe mending.

Apart from that I have nothing.  He's a "the word we shalt not use comrades"
  • Even though I believe and have stated there are other personality traits coming through in this impassé, RD is Money mad, not for the Yachts and Bling that wealth brings, but the power.
    If and it's a big If, he isn't spitful or bears malice against the fans who drove his Muse away then it's because he's on the part of the autistic spectrum that doesn't do empathy or have a full comprehension of emotions. He  knows in his own head what he feels Charlton are worth.

Unfortunately no one else agrees on the total price, plus the fact that Duchatelet has a penchant to make profits from players after they leave. 
    He wants Michy Batshuayi type add-ons in his dealing with Charlton players, is this even legal in England. I know agents and managers do this but can owners ?

Sorry to disappoint you but each year you get older the longer your life expectancy is so the life expectancy of a 70 year old is a lot more then the average life expectancy of a country...
  • Sponsored links:

• Death without suffering is now what I wish on this man... 
  • mascot88 said:
    Death without suffering is now what I wish on this man... 
    Would Roderick just want to get rid or does he have a 5 year plan  :'(
  • I have been making enquiries as to how much it would cost to deliver 10 tonnes of horse manure costs to deliver to an out of Sint Truiden centre location. 

Seems the manure is fairly cheap but the destination may be an issue.

the local farmer suggested a 100 person strong dirty protest. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    The very final saving grace that he may have come out of this with is that he had finally stumbled across a good management and recruitment team and he could at least back them to some extent in a bid to gain promotion. This window has proven once and for all to me that he just has to be driven out - it would be a lot easier to do so if somebody, anybody, made themselves known - even if they said we will take over the reigns and pick up the bills if we can have the club for nothing - that would at least tell us that there is an alternative - why can these people - if they exist, not make themselves known? I’m sick of all this lack of transparency bollox and sick of the whole saga and will not be renewing my season ticket next year if he still owns us if somebody else has come forward and oz willing to take us on. 36 years consecutive season ticket holder will be gone if I think that c??t is just f??king around with us
    Sorry mate, bit short of cash this month after getting the merc serviced. ;) 
  • edited February 2019
    Rousing sentiments, but I reckon all it will achieve will be to give him the moral high ground whilst he consults his lawyers.
    Meanwhile "we" risk a criminal record.
  • To Scoham,Beilick and Cullen are loans,I would not think we are paying two much in wages Taylor,,free transfer,replaced Maguiness who was probably on a decent wage.
  • It’s personal it’s a vendetta it’s revenge and it’s aimed directly at the fans and those that support the fans I.e bowyer and JJ 

money is apart of it but is not his motivation I am 100% certain of it 

I still stick to the fact we a 3rd division side with a squad of 23/34 players and from his perspective he is without doubt thinking I am wasting money on 8 players a week at between 1-4 k per player so I will not sanction a bigger squad that’s the money angle 

but the way in which he can hurt and get revenge for the way he has been embarrassed by the supporters is through spite and revenge and he knows exactly the reaction that this would cause , yet in crazy Roland world he is competing in a competition and able to prove to any outside influences that his mgmt of the budget is correct 

you want rid of RD you’ve got to up the game go to Belgium be seemingly be prepared to get arrested and push his buttons you have to embarrass him at work,  rest and play in his private life.

You have to be prepared to atleast allow him to think that him and his family , friends are not free to move without recourse and that at anytime a group of fans could walk over to him and demand he sells up loudly and in groups that he has to either negotiate an exit or gain assistance from the establishment that he is within to get those to leave 

have an independent person recording this so that there is factual evidence that no assault happened but it may prove that encroachment onto private property did happen but that’s the risk 

the will Sell  then 100% I don’t doubt  but he must be made to consider how far the fans will go to get rid of him right now he has no fear , maybe Roderick and the larger family circle need to also be more considerate of how far the feeling of contempt is for their head of house 

but along the way you may need to break a law or two and be prepared to get nicked doing it , the time for rubber pigs packets of crisps and protests at the game are gone imo 

Legal disclaimer for PC ginger nut , spilt dinner down my grey shirt that should’ve been white whatever your name was at Eltham nick and for small nuts and anyone else dialed into this thread 

i am In no way advocating that things move over from verbal to physical intimidation just an increase of where how and how loud this verbal communication with him needs to be

should there be any club or legal professionals be reading this and I also left my device on a bar in public with 20 Charlton fans present at 0530 this morning with no security passwords or PIN numbers needed whilst I went for a long shit  

I think targeting Murray might be an easier way in. Duchatelet always tells us what a great man he is and does actually show some affection for the bloke.

He's got off relatively Scott free, and unlike Meire claims to have Charlton in his heart.
     If he started getting some grief then maybe Duchatelet might take selling a bit more seriously.
  • ''Can’t see it as a problem, just tell him the player is a goalkeeper''

Brilliant comment mate, you've hit the nail on the head! 
  • It’s personal it’s a vendetta it’s revenge and it’s aimed directly at the fans and those that support the fans I.e bowyer and JJ 

money is apart of it but is not his motivation I am 100% certain of it 

I still stick to the fact we a 3rd division side with a squad of 23/34 players and from his perspective he is without doubt thinking I am wasting money on 8 players a week at between 1-4 k per player so I will not sanction a bigger squad that’s the money angle 

but the way in which he can hurt and get revenge for the way he has been embarrassed by the supporters is through spite and revenge and he knows exactly the reaction that this would cause , yet in crazy Roland world he is competing in a competition and able to prove to any outside influences that his mgmt of the budget is correct 

you want rid of RD you’ve got to up the game go to Belgium be seemingly be prepared to get arrested and push his buttons you have to embarrass him at work,  rest and play in his private life.

You have to be prepared to atleast allow him to think that him and his family , friends are not free to move without recourse and that at anytime a group of fans could walk over to him and demand he sells up loudly and in groups that he has to either negotiate an exit or gain assistance from the establishment that he is within to get those to leave 

have an independent person recording this so that there is factual evidence that no assault happened but it may prove that encroachment onto private property did happen but that’s the risk 

the will Sell  then 100% I don’t doubt  but he must be made to consider how far the fans will go to get rid of him right now he has no fear , maybe Roderick and the larger family circle need to also be more considerate of how far the feeling of contempt is for their head of house 

but along the way you may need to break a law or two and be prepared to get nicked doing it , the time for rubber pigs packets of crisps and protests at the game are gone imo 

Legal disclaimer for PC ginger nut , spilt dinner down my grey shirt that should’ve been white whatever your name was at Eltham nick and for small nuts and anyone else dialed into this thread 

i am In no way advocating that things move over from verbal to physical intimidation just an increase of where how and how loud this verbal communication with him needs to be

should there be any club or legal professionals be reading this and I also left my device on a bar in public with 20 Charlton fans present at 0530 this morning with no security passwords or PIN numbers needed whilst I went for a long shit  

Are you still shitting?
    Asking for a friend......
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Can’t say it’s any surprise, we know what the mad mans like. He can count to three, and you never play more than 3 strikers. He’d probably snarl at me for owning 4 cars, can’t drive more than one at once after all. Same for shoes.

cant decide on Bowyers motive or is he just being honest. I do think though that with the squad we have there’s a lot of ‘we’ll show you’ towards Duchatelet. Partly this season but sadly the lack of contract signings, if he remains owner anyone under 35 can probably go to a trial day in the summer.

i have a hunch that RD is doing everything he can do to make sure we don’t get promoted as the state of things I actually think we’d be worth less in the championship as the investment needed to be even remotely competitive would be far greater than the additional TV money.

However the proximity of the Premier League is a key consideration so that won’t be true.
    Depends how deep your pockets are.

Having to start almost from scratch on the players front is not going to be cheap. If you go up you hope to have a core of players already and then add some to the mix, it's unlikely we'd have a player in contract that would start in the Championship (and be competitive), a whole new squad would be a very costly investment that early on.

Agree the premiership is that step nearer, but the working capital will be considerably more than now top have a chance of a top 6 finish.
    We are probably at a benefit from starting with a blank sheet though.  losing a load of players but getting promoted is a great problem to have.  yes you have the situation where you have a big rebuilding job, but realistically we would need a number of new players to be able to keep us in the championship if we were to win promotion.  The out of contract players that we want to keep would probably sign on again for another year or more, and those that wouldn't be able to step up are easily dealt with, with no ongoing wages impacting the playing budget.  The bigger danger, in my opinion, is not winning promotion and needing to rebuild for a promotion challenge.
  • edited February 2019
    Chrispy51 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

However the proximity of the Premier League is a key consideration so that won’t be true.

Having to start almost from scratch on the players front is not going to be cheap. If you go up you hope to have a core of players already and then add some to the mix, it's unlikely we'd have a player in contract that would start in the Championship (and be competitive), a whole new squad would be a very costly investment that early on.

Agree the premiership is that step nearer, but the working capital will be considerably more than now top have a chance of a top 6 finish.
    We are probably at a benefit from starting with a blank sheet though.  losing a load of players but getting promoted is a great problem to have.  yes you have the situation where you have a big rebuilding job, but realistically we would need a number of new players to be able to keep us in the championship if we were to win promotion.  The out of contract players that we want to keep would probably sign on again for another year or more, and those that wouldn't be able to step up are easily dealt with, with no ongoing wages impacting the playing budget.  The bigger danger, in my opinion, is not winning promotion and needing to rebuild for a promotion challenge.
    Personally believe that keeping the main body of a promotion team together is the strength many teams have to get promoted again or at least have a strong season after initial promotion. 

Of course, you have to bring in new players as well, but I don’t see how having a “blank sheet” is a “great problem” to have if we win the play offs this year. 

Bowyer has mentioned our great team spirit on several occasions this season, and this has been shown as our strength above other teams that are technically more gifted than our own. A promoted team in the championship without any team spirit would struggle in my opinion. 
  • I'm not sure if this has been said elsewhere but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Roland who spread the word that Grant was available. Huddersfield's involvement seemed to come from nowhere at the 11th hour. 
  • Chrispy51 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

Personally believe that keeping the main body of a promotion team together is the strength many teams have to get promoted again or at least have a strong season after initial promotion. 

Of course, you have to bring in new players as well, but I don’t see how having a “blank sheet” is a “great problem” to have if we win the play offs this year. 

Bowyer has mentioned our great team spirit on several occasions this season, and this has been shown as our strength above other teams that are technically more gifted than our own. A promoted team in the championship without any team spirit would struggle in my opinion. 
    The problem is IF we are promoted via the Play Offs, it will be late May before any of the current out of contract players will know where they stand....

Bauer, as an example, may not wish to gamble on promotion if he's offered a good deal as the season end approaches by another club, probably from the Championship.

BIG gamble IMO to delay offering good contracts to those concerned .

Where's PV on his white charger when we need him SO badly ? 
  • To Scoham,Beilick and Cullen are loans,I would not think we are paying two much in wages Taylor,,free transfer,replaced Maguiness who was probably on a decent wage.
    All likely to cost more money than it would just playing the u23s. If he really wanted to punish the fans why bother with any signings?
  • I think you will find Gallen was fulsome in his praise of the generosity of Arsenal and West Ham. Otherwise we would not have signed Bielik or Cullen. He made a similar comments regarding Crystal Palace and their handling of the Williams contract.
  • Rob said:
    I'm not sure if this has been said elsewhere but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Roland who spread the word that Grant was available. Huddersfield's involvement seemed to come from nowhere at the 11th hour. 
    They were linked in early Feb after Brentford's "£1m" approach.

Funny, because we have a "spare" goalkeeper sitting on the bench. Send him back & use the money for a striker. In a crises I believe you can get an emergency keeper anyway.

Funny, because we have a "spare" goalkeeper sitting on the bench. Send him back & use the money for a striker. In a crises I believe you can get an emergency keeper anyway.
    What happens then if Phillips gets injured mid way through a game?