Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien Meire leaves Sheffield wednesday

Comments

• She has clearly been able to fool some of the people some of the time but, ultimately her complete lack of talent, empathy and self-knowledge will catch her out in any job. 

If she washes up as CEO of the Premier League I’ll be enrolling in Dignitas.  
  • Oh god I hope we are worrying over nothing.
  • So let's surmise this. Bruce gets job. Can't start until the day after the window closes. Leaves his 2 mates in charge to oversee things whilst he's indulging in family commitments. In Barbados. They get paid, Transfer Window left to them/her, leaving Bruce blameless by default. What kind of CEO would oversee such a potentially messy scenario... 
  • edited February 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    Katrien Meire is leaving her job as CEO at Wednesday to try her luck at DFS.

" This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top championship team, Derby Football saints.
    I can't wait to join the Goats, and get to know Frank Lampard. Many people think I look like Frank's wife Alex Jones. 
    With my help Frank Lampard can go on to emulate that great legend of English football Nigel Clough."

It’s good but can’t help think you’ve missed an obvious joke there somewhere....
    I try not to do obvious jokes as I write all my own material and don't copy and paste.

Do you mean because she's still got a sofa stuck up her arse sideways ?

• Davo55 said:
    She has clearly been able to fool some of the people some of the time but, ultimately her complete lack of talent, empathy and self-knowledge will catch her out in any job. 

If she washes up as CEO of the Premier League I’ll be enrolling in Dignitas.  
    Don't be hasty Davo you need to resign from being a signatory on the protest fund and appoint a successor, I'm happy to take your place  ;) 
  • edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Just had a text from GM. He’s told me he’s no longer going to be CEO when the sale is completed (within the next two weeks, after a couple of hurdles have been cleared) but has poached an excellent replacement from some northern club. 
    Sorry, why all the lols? [Edit: on second thoughts, that’s not funny]

Where’s the crossing out button when you need it. 
  • edited February 2019
    If we take off the tinted glasses we’d see that she hasn’t done much wrong since she’s left and most Wednesday fans aren’t happy bothered she’s gone. Shockingly not being the mouthpiece for the old bumbling idiot has allowed her to show what she can actually do (nothing, clearly). I wouldn’t be surprised if the FA do offer something (she's shit, of course she'll end up at the FA). 
    Fixed
  • Her leaving statement sounds like....she's been given another job.

She quit. So she must have something else in place.

Could be a promotion of some sort. Premier League CEO role?

She does like to make friends and climb the ladder! pushes and pushes.

Other then that.

She is no longer our problem. 

• Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    Her leaving statement sounds like....she's been given another job.

She quit. So she must have something else in place.

Could be a promotion of some sort. Premier League CEO role?

She does like to make friends and climb the ladder! pushes and pushes.

Other then that.

She is no longer our problem. 

She will be when we are back in the Premier League
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Just had a text from GM. He’s told me he’s no longer going to be CEO when the sale is completed (within the next two weeks, after a couple of hurdles have been cleared) but has poached an excellent replacement from some northern club. 
    Sorry, why all the lols?
    Please don’t say you’re serious regarding GM’s comments. 
  • If we take off the tinted glasses we’d see that she hasn’t done much wrong since she’s left and most Wednesday fans aren’t happy she’s gone. Shockingly not being the mouthpiece for the old bumbling idiot has allowed her to show what she can actually do. I wouldn’t be surprised if the FA do offer something. 
    What exactly did she do, then?
    What exactly do most football CEOs do of note? Nothing that anyone is concerned about in public. 
  • ozaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sorry, why all the lols?
    Good evening Mr Muir 
  • It's possible that her bosom buddy Karen Brady may of put in a word somewhere for her.
    Millwall are a family club, I wonder if she will run the crèche for the trainee terrible twos.
  • edited February 2019
    ozaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sorry, why all the lols?
    Sorry, poor attempt at a whoosh. Still haven’t pulled one off, dammit. 
    (Edited above)
  • Chizz said:
    ozaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sorry, why all the lols?
    Good evening Mr Muir 
    Its morning here cobba! 😉
  • JamesSeed said:
    ozaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sorry, why all the lols?
    (Edited above)
    My first whoosh!!! Can I claim my CL badge now? ;) 
  • ozaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    ozaddick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sorry, why all the lols?
    (Edited above)
    My first whoosh!!! Can I claim my CL badge now? ;) 
    No way.  I’m not having that! 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Question.
    Are the Jimmy and Gerald phone calls still happening or has Gerald gone ex-directory because of embarrassment ?
  • edited February 2019
    It's possible that her bosom buddy Karen Brady may of put in a word somewhere for her.
    Millwall are a family club, I wonder if she will run the crèche for the trainee terrible twos.
    Not sure thats a good fit. After all she bottled it getting on a train...  now a class of two year olds whose first words were "carnt"
  • It's possible that her bosom buddy Karen Brady may of put in a word somewhere for her.
    Not sure thats a good fit. After all she bottled it getting on a train...  now a class of two year olds whose first words were "carnt"
    Can’t see a certain Steve Kavanagh welcoming her, with open arms TBF:)
  • To be fair to her we haven't really noticed what she actually brought to the table here but maybe we are looking at someone who will link up better with Bruce.

Anthea Redfearn?
  • RedChaser said:
    johnny73 said:
    Seriously don't laugh until we know she isn't coming back here.
    I reckon she's heard the natives are getting restless and considering protesting again so can't wait to get back to the cut and thrust of a demo day.
    You may jest but i've got a horrible feeling about this.
  • Roland: “Katy I’m having difficulty finishing off that pesky club we bought, can you come back and help, it was going so well until you left”
  • If we take off the tinted glasses we’d see that she hasn’t done much wrong since she’s left and most Wednesday fans aren’t happy she’s gone. Shockingly not being the mouthpiece for the old bumbling idiot has allowed her to show what she can actually do. I wouldn’t be surprised if the FA do offer something. 
    Harry you may just be fishing for a LOL but this was mentioned to me from a female member of staff of longstanding who compared Katrien Meire and Peter Varney: Katrien would stroll in at 1PM on match days leaving all the work to others where Peter was at the valley by 9.30AM and was the hands on CEO making sure everything ran to clockwork and was polite to staff.
    Cafc were a bigger club and had bigger crowds when Varney was CEO but they were chalk and cheese in their professional approach to the position.
  • edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Question.
    Are the Jimmy and Gerald phone calls still happening or has Gerald gone ex-directory because of embarrassment ?
    No. Just occasional texts re anything other than the takeover. He’s even stopped saying ‘you know I can’t answer that’, he just ignores any questions. 

We’ll find out if it’s embarrassment, or something else, when it’s over. I know that people with contacts mean well, but so much info has been wrong that I think I’ll take a view once it’s over, rather than form one based on second hand info from people with any sort of an angle. 

(PS It’s Gerard, pronounced to rhyme with Herod)