Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crackerjack.

Crackerjack, (CRACKERJACK), the greatest kids show on earth is returning to the BBC. They will be filming new episodes of Crackerjack, (CRACKERJACK) in the summer.

Comments

• Will it be shown on Friday at five to five?
  • Typical middle class program for middle class kids! like that other load of old shite blue peter!
  • Was this the one with wee jimmy krankie?
  • Typical middle class program for middle class kids! like that other load of old shite blue peter!
    So what poor kids watch then?
  • Winning a cabbage middle class 
  • I can't imagine usetobunkin placed much value in a pencil.
  • I hope the new presenters fully represent the LBGTasfdhywuiosncmxsvsmlksamznxc  community!
  • jdsd42 said:
    Winning a cabbage middle class 
    I came on here to also remind everyone of Cracker, starring Robbie Coltrane, and then I see this 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    I hope the new presenters fully represent the LBGTasfdhywuiosncmxsvsmlksamznxc  community!
    Oh! AND the Windrush generation!
  • edited February 2019
    Ooh I could crush a grape...

Actually my favourite surreal Crackerjack moment was them singing the XTC classic Making Plans for Nigel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5LrRlR2Epo
  • When I watched Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!) it was introduced by Michael Aspel, the comedy duo were Leslie Crowther and Peter Glaze and the crumpet was Jan Hunt. This changed to Ed "Stewpot" Stewart as host, comedy duo Peter Glaze and Don McLean and still Jan Hunt. Musical guest seemed to be a rotation of The Wombles, Suzi Quatro and Alvin Stardust.  
    I only joined the cubs to get to go and see Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!) or Basil Brush recorded but saw neither.
  • Watching Thai comedy programmes (for adults) it's like Crackerjack has never gone away!
  • I never really liked it apart from the cabbage game. 

I am now off to crush a grape and jump over a dolls house. 
    I went to see Crackerjack (Crackerjack) live when I was aged 11. 
  • Peter Glaze used to live in Fawkham and came into the Co-op in Longfield where my sister used to work almost every day. He drove a roller with about 3 seat cushions so he could see out the drivers scree, Sis said he was a lovely man.
  • Peter Glaze used to live in Fawkham and came into the Co-op in Longfield where my sister used to work almost every day. He drove a roller with about 3 seat cushions so he could see out the drivers scree, Sis said he was a lovely man.
    Nice Danny Baker tribute to him and the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXqh5ZCwg7w
  • There's nothing nice about Danny Baker.
    I thought he must have lived in that area as my dad told me, when I was a kid, that he'd seen Peter Glaze having a beer in The Black Lion near Hartley. (Not my best anecdote.)
  • Sponsored links:

I thought he must have lived in that area as my dad told me, when I was a kid, that he'd seen Peter Glaze having a beer in The Black Lion near Hartley. (Not my best anecdote.)
    Died in Dartford according to his Wikipedia page
  • I had a Ford Orion that did that. 
  • Can I be the first to say that the new version is rubbish, even though I only heard about it for the first time three minutes ago... :wink: 

My mate Richard won a computer on double or drop - state of the art (at the time) Commodore or Atarii or similar. Took about three days to load anything.