Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 18/19

1858687888991»

Comments

• You think he’s done with destroying their game plan and then he comes back with more!
  • Superb analysis here, on why the SB was won and lost.

What are “11 personnel passes” vs “12 personnel passes”?
  • se9addick said:

Superb analysis here, on why the SB was won and lost.

What are “11 personnel passes” vs “12 personnel passes”?
    11 personnel = 3 WR 1 RB 1 TE (I think)

12 personnel = 2 WR 1 RB 2 TE

21 personnel = 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE

So the numbers are said as individual digits and refer to running backs and tight ends respectively. (Of course, these formations tend to assume minimum of two receivers on the field regardless.)
  • So as the NFL has transitioned to a much more pass-heavy game, we're seeing a lot more West Coast offensive strategies rooted in 11 personnel passing plays, which is a key feature of McVay's Rams offense, and which Belichick and the Pats absolutely screwed over with the switch-up of coverage.
  • Today I discovered that Belichick is from Maryland and Gurley is from Baltimore. Quite depressing.
  • Superb analysis here, on why the SB was won and lost.

I don't buy this at all. Belicheck's game plan was terrible and on any other day Cooks holds on to the 2 chances he had, wins MVP and a Super Bowl ring

Belicheck's defence was completely opened up for the first chance and it was only a stunning bit of defense by McCourty sprinting the width of the pitch that stopped the first TD being scored

And the 2nd chance he dropped in the end zone he holds onto 9 times out of 10 despite the borderline pass interference

Despite playing a bit of a shocker Goff threw the only 2 passes of the game that should've led to TDs, did Brady even throw into the end zone, I can't remember
  • rina said:

I don't buy this at all. Belicheck's game plan was terrible and on any other day Cooks holds on to the 2 chances he had, wins MVP and a Super Bowl ring

Belicheck's defence was completely opened up for the first chance and it was only a stunning bit of defense by McCourty sprinting the width of the pitch that stopped the first TD being scored

And the 2nd chance he dropped in the end zone he holds onto 9 times out of 10 despite the borderline pass interference

Despite playing a bit of a shocker Goff threw the only 2 passes of the game that should've led to TDs, did Brady even throw into the end zone, I can't remember
    Guessing you’re not a Belichick fan?
  • Laddick01 said:

rina said:

Guessing you’re not a Belichick fan?
    I think he's probably the GOAT. doesn't mean he gets it right every time though