Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO Bromley Addicks (or surrounding areas)

edited February 2019 in Not Sports Related
I'm looking for street parking for my van for a few hours within 3 miles or so of the Glades shopping centre, ideally free or outside someone's house as I will have Valli with me and we have permission to take her into the precinct for fundraising. Can't afford to get it nicked and be stranded away from home, multi-storey are restricted heightwise and it's so long since I've been there I can't remember where to park in the open and safely.
Cheers
Ray
Edit..... for tomorrow

Comments

• There are quite a few side roads off College Road - less than a 10 minute walk into Market Square. However as they are residents parking you can't park between 12 and 2pm - either side of then it's free parking.
  • Yes, most of the side roads around Old Bromley (Park Road, Palace Grove, Sherman Road, etc) are OK to park in (in a bay) except between 12 and 2pm. I think Elmfield Road (which is ideal for The Glades) has parking meters, but you may be lucky to find one free.
  • When?

Tomorrow;)
  • T_C_E said:

When?

Tomorrow;)
    And you'll be fundraising where exactly?

• T_C_E said:

When?

Tomorrow;)
    And you'll be fundraising where exactly?

In the Glades.
  • You can park outside mine @T_C_E one mile to Glades. Otherwise all controlled or payment.

There is plenty of paid for parking at the Glades.
  • You can park outside mine @T_C_E one mile to Glades. Otherwise all controlled or payment.

He said he can't afford to get it nicked!

Cheers Henry, one mile is brilliant. Could you pm your address?
  • There is the council car park 1 min from the glades. I always park there. Safe as it’s where the Uber drivers hang around!

South street off of Tweedy Road.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

There is the council car park 1 min from the glades. I always park there. Safe as it’s where the Uber drivers hang around!

Is it open air? As I drive a vivaro!
  • T_C_E said:

You can park outside mine @T_C_E one mile to Glades. Otherwise all controlled or payment.

Cheers Henry, one mile is brilliant. Could you pm your address?
    I think he lives in a museum in se7
  • T_C_E said:

Rob7Lee said:

There is the council car park 1 min from the glades. I always park there. Safe as it’s where the Uber drivers hang around!

Is it open air? As I drive a vivaro!
    It is yes, so no height restriction, quite an unknown car park, always space, pay and display next door to fire station.
  • You there all day?
  • edited February 2019
    imagehttps://goo.gl/images/EDA8dy

No barrier st weekend.
  • Just checked it's time restricted (2hrs) I think it'll be safe on the Irving Estate.
  • There’s also an open air office car park you can pay & park in at weekends on Palace Grove about 50yds from the Glades. Never gets that busy. There are some free parking bays at the top of Park Rd which are a 5-10 min walk from Glades (further up from Crown & Anchor). Closer in it starts to get residents bays and meters.
  • T_C_E said:

Just checked it's time restricted (2hrs) I think it'll be safe on the Irving Estate.

Ah, think your right (it’s actually 4 hours though)
  • edited February 2019
    Rafford Way has street parking bays and is immediately across the road from The Glades. Pretty cheap too. Depends what time you get there isn’t that much of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

Just checked it's time restricted (2hrs) I think it'll be safe on the Irving Estate.

I'll tell the butler to move the Rolls to leave you space
  • This is one of those threads that could run and run.
  • Slightly concerned how many people from Sidcup and other "less affluent" areas seem to know so much about parking in Bromley.

Isn't Bexleyheath good enough for you?
  • I'm a bit concerned that my van might knock half a mill of the price of your gaff. ;)

• I always park in Rattford Way. There are pay and display bays but after a certain time, it's free. No time limit. This is just behind the civic offices
  • T_C_E said:

Have you had to sack the Chauffeur after that incident with your missus?
  • Do you mean Rafford way
  • Addickted said:

T_C_E said:

Have you had to sack the Chauffeur after that incident with your missus?
    She ran him over
  • The things people will do for a promote. Tut!
  • edited February 2019
    _MrDick said:

I always park in Rattford Way. There are pay and display bays but after a certain time, it's free. No time limit. This is just behind the civic offices

Err, that's not true. Rafford Way is pay & display until 6.30 pm.