Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Colin Camelot's Curious Column

Having fought tooth and nail and a recent blogging auction, we're delighted to have secured the services of our new columnist, and world-renowned statistician, Colin Camelot. Check out his new column

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=203

Comments

• edited November 2008
    Hahaha. Very entertaining read. Especially liked the Len Glover part!
  • very good
  • That's ace. Good work.
  • edited November 2008
    Lovely man Colin...a real gent...loves nothing more than to have a natter about his beloved Addicks.
    If you think you have some unusual stats or knowledge of anything Charlton(no matter how obscure), he's the man to tell....he simply loves it!
    My abiding memory of Colin will always be bumping into him coming down the stairs from The Olympic Gallery at Wembley after the Sunderland game...he was almost in tears of joy and for once in his life was practicly speechless!!
  • Has anyone got contact details for the real Colin? I have a piece of memorablia that the Club might like to use, but wanted to get Colin's opinion first. Despite having left messages for him at The Valley, I haven't managed to get in touch with the great man.

Love the blog, AFKA. Keep it coming.
  • Oh here we go!! Colin's this, Colin's that, blah blah blah!!!
    Question 1! Who has the more extensive & better collated archive of post-war potato/corn based snack packaging? Darren!! Fact!!!
    And I'd!! be very interested if he's up to speed on the latest in rye grass weaves? I think not...
  • No wonder he's sticky?!? We've all done that???!!!!
  • lol, excellent
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Has anyone got contact details for the real Colin? I have a piece of memorablia that the Club might like to use, but wanted to get Colin's opinion first. Despite having left messages for him at The Valley, I haven't managed to get in touch with the great man.

Love the blog, AFKA. Keep it coming.[/quote]

He's always been in The Alma in Sidcup whenever I've been in - without fail - so you might want to try there.
  • [cite]Posted By: J Ackworth[/cite]I see that in typical Charlton fashion, Stuart Fleetwood is not being utilised to get us out of our current predicament in the same way that many non-league players have been overlooked in the past. Could you please set the history books straight and comment on how this great club's meteoric rise in the 1997/98 season was as much to do with the brilliance of Paul Emblen as it was to Alan Curbishley's management?

What about that one, then Colin?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2008
    Ahh, Mr.Ackworth.
    Where have you been ?
    Can you take over when Mr Pardew leaves ?
  • Dear Colin,

Can you tell us the last time an 18 year old without a league goal to his name scored a hat-trick on his debut for a new club, including the winner in the 90th minute?

I remember reading a scenario rather like it in Roy Of The Rovers almost half a century ago. But that was fiction (I think). When it happens to young Waghorn tomorrow, will it be the first time such heroical derring-do has been seen in the real world of Camelot since that business with Lancelot and the Holy Grail ?