Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Gutted I missed Fosus goal
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

End of my updates as I got a train to catch so gotta leave

Thanks very much though, Neil.
    Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    Ross1 Trophy for best updates! :smile:
    How do you get to compete for this trophy, I would love to win it :smiley:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

clive said:

Charlton’s U23s are in Professional Development League 2 action on Tuesday afternoon when they host Crystal Palace at The Valley (1pm).
    Supporters are welcome to attend Tuesday's match at The Valley with season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members able to gain free entry. They must show their season/membership cards in order to gain free entry. Admission is otherwise priced at £3 adults, £2 concessions and £1 juniors at the turnstiles of the lower West Stand.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c501677b1256/u23s-preview-charlton-v-crystal-palace

Last time i tried this they charged concessions at the adult price.
    Miniscule in the scheme of things, but they ought to have made it clear in advance.
    Concessions were advertised as cheaper, but at the turnstile the full price was demanded.
    Kat tax...
  • Options

Gutted I missed Fosus goal

serves you right for being a plastic fan who leaves early to avoid the rush : - )

Thanks for the updates, really useful.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Oggy Red said:

Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    How do you get to compete for this trophy, I would love to win it :smiley:
    You'd have to ask the chap it's named after, I'm afraid.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    Where do I collect my trophy
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    From the East Stand. Cheers for updates.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    Oh, you just turn up at CL Towers and they ask you what you'd like to drink. :smile:
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    Oh, you just turn up at CL Towers and they ask you what you'd like to drink. :smile:
    Is Rolands blood an option
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Much appreciated.

You win this week's
    Is Rolands blood an option
    Erm ...... you'd have to ask CARD or ROT.

Perhaps safer just to ask for a nice cuppa tea? :smile:

• Options
    What sort of quality did palace put on?
  • Options

Dion-Curtis Henry, Nikola Tavares, Tyrick Mitchell,Malachi Boateng, Keutcha,Sam Woods, Trialist, Kian Flanagan,Rob Street,Giovanni McGregor,Tyler Brown.
    Haven't heard of any of them but Number 3 Mitchell, no 8 Flanagan and no 9 Street looked ok.
  • Options

Very average side......
  • Options
    Bowyer's comment on yesterdays game.

Igor Vetokele played his first 45 minutes on Monday afternoon since suffering a dislocated shoulder in November.
    Speaking of his return Bowyer said: “Igor up top, it was good to get 45 minutes. You can tell he’s behind. He’s got a lot of catching up to do but it’s good to get that 45 into him and we can start pushing on with him now he’s got through that ok.”

The Addicks boss was also pleased to see January signing Chris Maxwell in competitive action for the first time. Bowyer said: “Chris I thought did well. His distribution was very good. He was unlucky with the goal, it deflected, he couldn’t do anything about it. I was happy with him. You can tell he’s got the experience, he’s a man and he organised the back four.”
    There were also appearances for fellow first teamers Anfernee Dijksteel, George Lapslie, Mark Marshall and Tariqe Fosu who managed to get on the scoresheet.

Bowyer said: “Anfernee was very, very good. George Lapslie did well. You could tell he probably needed that game but he was good, he won the ball back, moved the ball well, got forward.

"Tariqe and Marsh the two wider men, they did well. They worked hard and obviously Tariqe got his goal at the end.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c50d35ce3822/bowyer-on-chris-maxwell-george-lapslie-and-the-return-of-igor-vetokele
  • Options
    clive said:

Igor Vetokele played his first 45 minutes on Monday afternoon since suffering a dislocated shoulder in November.
    Speaking of his return Bowyer said: “Igor up top, it was good to get 45 minutes. You can tell he’s behind. He’s got a lot of catching up to do but it’s good to get that 45 into him and we can start pushing on with him now he’s got through that ok.”

The Addicks boss was also pleased to see January signing Chris Maxwell in competitive action for the first time. Bowyer said: “Chris I thought did well. His distribution was very good. He was unlucky with the goal, it deflected, he couldn’t do anything about it. I was happy with him. You can tell he’s got the experience, he’s a man and he organised the back four.”
    There were also appearances for fellow first teamers Anfernee Dijksteel, George Lapslie, Mark Marshall and Tariqe Fosu who managed to get on the scoresheet.

Bowyer said: “Anfernee was very, very good. George Lapslie did well. You could tell he probably needed that game but he was good, he won the ball back, moved the ball well, got forward.

"Tariqe and Marsh the two wider men, they did well. They worked hard and obviously Tariqe got his goal at the end.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c50d35ce3822/bowyer-on-chris-maxwell-george-lapslie-and-the-return-of-igor-vetokele

Reinforces that our squad as a whole is currently looking pretty strong with Anfernee, young George , MM & Tariqe on the fringes if not involved .

Add Reeco, the returning Joe, Igor, Clarkey & Pearcy and what's not to like ?

But the missing link / the gaping hole left by Karlan's departure is clear for all to see.

Just over 24 hours, guys.

We know you won't (knowingly) let us down.
  • Options

clive said:

Reinforces that our squad as a whole is currently looking pretty strong with Anfernee, young George , MM & Tariqe on the fringes if not involved .

But the missing link / the gaping hole left by Karlan's departure is clear for all to see.

After his 2nd half yesterday would be interested to see MK given 20/30 minutes on Saturday to see how he does.

I know its only 45 minutes but he impressed me more than Reeco did in the CTT matches I saw him in and other matches he has played in
  • Options

clive said:

After his 2nd half yesterday would be interested to see MK given 20/30 minutes on Saturday to see how he does.

I know its only 45 minutes but he impressed me more than Reeco did in the CTT matches I saw him in and other matches he has played in
    Bowyer made no mention of Mikhail Kennedy. Contract about to expire, is he on his way?
  • Options
    📝 Our U23s are in action at @QPR this afternoon (1pm).
    Here's how we line up 👇

Starting XI | Newcombe, Yao, Cummings, Bowry, Mascoll, Stevenson, Maloney, Dempsey, Aouachria, Kennedy, Vetokele.

Subs | Harvey, Birch, Scott, Ocran, Doughty. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    U23S | 2' GOAL! Wassim Aouachria puts the Addicks in front!
    Vetokele races down the wing and clips in a cross for the striker to head home.

#qpr 0 #cafc 1

U23S | 6' GOAL! Vetokele is back amongst the goals!
    Mascoll crosses for Igor, who finishes from close range.
    Great start by the Addicks.

#qpr 0 #cafc 2
  • Options
    14' Rangers go close to a response. Platt's 20-yard drive is parried by Newcombe, who also keeps out Bansal-McNulty's rebound.

(0-2) #QPRU23
  • Options

Brilliant start.

Igor with an assist and a goal in the first 6 minutes!

• Options
    Sounds like this Algerian lad from Marseille hasnt been a bad addition either so far

Dont think I've heard of Newcombe before though
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    22' Goal. After a foul in the box, Maloney extends Charlton's lead from the penalty spot.

(0-3) #QPRU23

U23S | 22' GOAL! It's three for Charlton!
    Aouchria is fouled in the box and Maloney steps up to tuck away the resulting penalty.

#qpr 0 #cafc 3
  • Options

Sounds like this Algerian lad from Marseille hasnt been a bad addition either so far

Was about to say the same.

Why not Maxwell or AMB?

And who is Newcombe?
  • Options

Why not Maxwell or AMB?

And who is Newcombe?
    Guess Maxwell doesnt need to be playing U23s every week whilst isnt Maynard-Brewer still with Chelmsford?

I thought we had that other Goalkeeper too whose surname began with an "O" yet escapes me
  • Options

Why not Maxwell or AMB?

And who is Newcombe?
    Guess Maxwell doesnt need to be playing U23s every week whilst isnt Maynard-Brewer still with Chelmsford?

I thought we had that other Goalkeeper too whose surname began with an "O" yet escapes me
    Oshege (sp?)is an U18.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    www.transfermarkt.co.uk/henry-newcombe/profil/spieler/584119
    Looks like he's a trialist from Margate, started of at Gillingham 21 year old.
    http://www.17management.com/henry-newcombe.html