Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things that make you feel old

Comments

• Knowing what is meant by the term 'Stop press'.

• The new influx of officers at work. Talking with a couple of them yesterday they revealed that they were born in 1998 and ‘97 respectively. I know another was also born in ‘98. My stepdaughter was born in ‘94. They’re kids and I wonder what they’re doing there.
  • Wayne Rooney - remember him at 16 :-(

17 years ago or something like that
  • Please name them @LenGlover
  • Was watching Life on Mars again the other day on Netflix, and I realised that a) I'm now older than John Simm was, and b) he went back 23 years and it was apparently very very different.  Felt like he went back a few decades.

If I did that now it'd only be bloody 1998.  Not sure I'd be that confused by different attitudes, strange quirks of living then etc?!

(I'd also make sure I was free on 25th May).
  • Discovering that Annette Andre from the original Randall and Hopkirk Deceased is now 82. As a young lad I found her pleasing on the eye...
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    Being offered an over 60s discount card by a cab driver. Bastard! I'm only 57 and look about 32. Honest, yes 32. Really. 32.
    You claimed that card yet😂
  • Erectile dysfunction. 
  • Players who are my age retiring from the game in their mid 30s, when it feels like they only started playing it yesterday. 

Makes it hit home how short a player’s career really feels like.
  • Seeing car midels that me and my friends once regarded as latest models, going up for sale on classic car auction program 
  • What was that you say?
  • Gribbo said:
    Seeing car midels that me and my friends once regarded as latest models, going up for sale on classic car auction program 
    Yup, I remember doing pre-delivery inspections on Morris 1000s and MGBs.
  • Knowing what a gestetner machine smelt like …
    Must admit I had to Google this - realised I knew what it was - but didn't recognise the name. Then in a blinding flash it came to me, our office in 1970 called it a Banda machine. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sneezing .... and farting simultaneously! 
  • Listening to adults who I think look and act same age as me, giving their date of births to hospital pharmacy as the late 90's.

I think I have a genuine case of age dysmorphia 
  • you know you're getting old when the boy from The Omen image now looks like this image
    That's Harvey Stephens. My cousins know him
  • Gribbo said:
    you know you're getting old when the boy from The Omen image now looks like this image
    Looks like Donald Trump to me?
  • Gribbo said:
    you know you're getting old when the boy from The Omen image now looks like this image
    Looks like Donald Trump to me?
    😂 Was waiting for that.
  • Life.
  • Watching the tennis and thinking so and so is easy on the eye before realising that she is younger than any of my daughters.