Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington number 15 Sykes

Not sure what the retrospective action rules are like in this league but if they’re any good at all Sykes has to be banned for a good amount of games. Very clearly kicked at Taylor on the floor multiple times and the officials just missed it.

Comments

• Ashamed to share a name with the bastard
  • Funny moment shortly after when Solly was walking back upfield next to him having words. Reminded me of Jimmy Bullard / Duncan Ferguson :smiley:
  • Well if its in the referee's report then I dont think the FA can do anything about it but then you'd question why nothing was done about it

If not then I think that further action can be taken but then I wonder who would make them aware of the footage if Bowyer hasnt seen it either as its not a clear cut incident
  • Sykes also shoved Bowyer when he walk past him into the tunnel

Scumbag, obviously thinks being a lanky fucker makes him immune, shame him and Sarr didn’t get in to anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it's on camera surely the EFL can take retrospective action?

One off is enough, mind you I think I know what the outcome would have been!

Scumbag, obviously thinks being a lanky fucker makes him immune, shame him and Sarr didn’t get in to anything.
  • Well if its in the referee's report then I dont think the FA can do anything about it but then you'd question why nothing was done about it

If not then I think that further action can be taken but then I wonder who would make them aware of the footage if Bowyer hasnt seen it either as its not a clear cut incident

Bowyer said on the radio theyre going to appeal the red for Taylor. Also said there was some naughty things that other players did that shouldve been punished so think perhaps he has seen it retrospectively
  • I hope that proper justice is dished out to this shit stain of a player.
  • He lost the plot. Even after the penalty he was going apeshit.
  • He's got twitter @RossySykes

I'm gonna offer him out

Yeh good idea, Makro's ? :wink:
  • My question is what did Taylor do? Did anybody see anything other than a foul on the keeper that wasn't even a booking. You cant send him off for that just because you sent the keeper off. Sykes should definitely have gone. Poor from the officials.
  • Who did Taylor palm in the face just as he earned the corner ....
    As soon as the corner came in you knew the ref was gonna blow for a foul .
  • edited January 2019

My question is what did Taylor do? Did anybody see anything other than a foul on the keeper that wasn't even a booking. You cant send him off for that just because you sent the keeper off. Sykes should definitely have gone. Poor from the officials.

Have a look at the Sky match highlights on the post match thread which is what will happen as part of the appeal process. The only thing that camera angle shows is a slight kick out by Taylor whilst he is on the floor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Granted all of their players were scummy but the fat number 3 was unbelievable too. The amount of time after the goal he spent shouting and swearing at the lino and lashing out at our players should surely lead to a ban.
  • I never knew the c word was spelled S Y K E S
  • According to Soccerway, Sykes is 19, has played 10 times for AS this season and has 6 bookings to his name. He got booked in our game against them in August, too.

Only 10 ten times hmm...….. they must feed him on red meat in between his spasmodic appearances.
  • edited January 2019

My question is what did Taylor do? Did anybody see anything other than a foul on the keeper that wasn't even a booking. You cant send him off for that just because you sent the keeper off. Sykes should definitely have gone. Poor from the officials.

I think he can claim that he was assaulted and was trying to protect himself having been kicked on the head. For me, the ref's assistant has made a couple of poor decisions today. Not complaining about the second one though :) Might be the rare occasion of us winning an appeal!
  • RedChaser said:

Have a look at the Sky match highlights on the post match thread which is what will happen as part of the appeal process. The only thing that camera angle shows is a slight kick out by Taylor whilst he is on the floor.
    Damn that could be enough for the weak spineless disciplinary committee
  • edited January 2019
    Sykes and Taylor had a running battle up at their place......I think they were both booked as well, I know Taylor was.
  • Good old fashioned 3rd division footy