Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• 3-1 unites and its not even halftime

OGS not playing boring football
  • It's only Cardiff though so they'd be expected to win anyway.

Solksjaer couldn't have asked for a better run of games to start off.

Cardiff away, Huddersfield home, Bournemouth home, Newcastle away, Reading in the cup at home.
  • It's only Cardiff though so they'd be expected to win anyway.

Solksjaer couldn't have asked for a better run of games to start off.

Cardiff away, Huddersfield home, Bournemouth home, Newcastle away, Reading in the cup at home.

It may be only Cardiff and they may have been expected to win

But they have scored 4 away from home which u couldnt see happening under Jose
  • Certainly helps that he's not playing Lukaku, they actually have pace, skill and movement up front for a change instead of a wardrobe who can't control the ball.
  • On Football Focus pretty sure I heard that United had never scored 5 in the league since Van Gaal...
  • He is the manager/coach, should be about the team.
    With Mourinho it’s always about him. That is his problem.
  • edited December 2018
    Picking up were Fergie left off

If united finish in top 4 he has to get the job permenantly.

Hate Man Utd and hate Jose so that fitted in well but I like OGS and want United to get top 4 now
  • edited December 2018
    Hold your horses Paulie! Getting way too ahead of yourself. It’s just like when you said “is it going to be ‘66 all over again” when we went 1-0 up against Tunisia.
  • Hold your horses Paulie! Getting way too ahead of yourself. It’s just like when you said “is it going to be ‘66 all over again” when we went 1-0 up against Tunisia.

I didnt say they would finish top 4

I said if they finish top 4.

Big if
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    Easy run of games for Ole S, should at least win 4 in a row, I think even the mighty Karel frying pan could pick up a point or two.

I’m sure the united players will shine for a guy that doesn’t treat them like kids, and plays positve attacking football.
  • Picking up were Fergie left off

Hate Man Utd and hate Jose so that fitted in well but I like OGS and want United to get top now

So you hate Man U but just because you like the manager you want them to finish top? Make sense.
  • Just imagine a world class top flight manager coming in to United and having to answer to Big Pete -

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46662963
  • edited December 2018

Hate Man Utd and hate Jose so that fitted in well but I like OGS and want United to get top now

So you hate Man U but just because you like the manager you want them to finish top? Make sense.
    What can I say
    I am weird

Oh FYI I said top 4 not top

What can I say
    I am weird

That’s a direct quote Paulie.

What can I say
    I am weird

Sorry I meant top 4 haha

What can I say
    I am weird

Sorry I meant top 4 haha
    I love the random threads you start and some of your of the cuff posts.
    Don't change mate and a very happy Christmas to you.
  • edited December 2018

What can I say
    I am weird

Sorry I meant top 4 haha
    I love the random threads you start and some of your of the cuff posts.
    Don't change mate and a very happy Christmas to you.
    I agree with this.
    Good luck to you Paulie.
    (And stay out the bookie’s)
    :smile:
  • United look rather a different team to the one under Morinho don't they.
  • Very impressive turnaround under Solskjaer - shows what a toxic environment Mourinho had created there. Unbelievably there is a lot of talk here about him returning as Real Madrid manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mourinho would probably claim Solskjaer is benefiting from his hard work.
  • Very impressive turnaround under Solskjaer - shows what a toxic environment Mourinho had created there. Unbelievably there is a lot of talk here about him returning as Real Madrid manager.

Perez wants Jose but Ramos really doesn’t lol
    Any talk of Ramos leaving?

I think if Mourinho ends up at Madrid, Ramos will be off
  • Ramos is so powerful at RM that if he doesn't want Mourinho there I can't see it happening. Not really many clubs Mourinho would go to now, unless he really wants a challenge.

Be interesting to see him at somewhere like Wolves or Leicester without a big budget, to see what his man management and tactical nous is like. Reckon he is someone who lives off the constant attention and surrounding controversy, so I wonder how he would get along in a place where he just has to go about his job quietly and effectively.

• Be interesting to see him at somewhere like Wolves or Leicester without a big budget ...

He made his name at Porto, winning the EUFA Cup and European Cup in successive seasons, as well as most of the domestic trophies. I doubt if Porto had a bigger budget than present-day Wolves or Leicester.

Whether he still has the drive to re-start his career in at a lower level, I doubt.
  • Seems to be doing quite nicely........

"Mourinho will provide punditry for beIN on today's Asian Cup group match between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, as well as for Saturday's Premier League game between Arsenal and his former club Chelsea.

It is understood beIN are paying Mourinho in excess of £120,000 for his two appearances."
  • Seems to be doing quite nicely........

"Mourinho will provide punditry for beIN on today's Asian Cup group match between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, as well as for Saturday's Premier League game between Arsenal and his former club Chelsea.

It is understood beIN are paying Mourinho in excess of £120,000 for his two appearances."

He's a multi millionaire who doesn't need the money. What he craves is that attention and being out of the limelight must really hurt.
  • Beat us to the laundry basket apparently.

Jose Mourinho: I've had three job offers but I don't park the bus
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934706

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010477

Really good article on Mourinho, and why his methods don't work now
  • Jose Mourinho has accepted a one-year prison sentence for tax fraud in Spain - but has avoided jail after exchanging the sentence for a fine.

Spanish prosecutors said the former Manchester United manager failed to declare revenues from image rights in Spanish tax declarations from 2011 and 2012, when he was coach of Real Madrid, "with the aim of obtaining illicit profits".

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11628711/jose-mourinho-accepts-one-year-prison-sentence-for-tax-fraud-but-will-not-serve-time-in-jail