Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyers Contract

Is it just me who us worried if the takeover doesnt happen soon we could lose Bows

Only given a contract till the end of the season, doing a great job, other teams will surely be looking at him.

Comments

• Just me then haha
  • Derek1952 said:

If L.B did go I would like Phil Parkinson back.

Or Gary Rowett perhaps?
  • Surprisingly good Bowyer. You listen to him speak after a game or before and I am like ‘mmm, yes, agree, good point, well made that man.’

He’s totally in top of it at the minute and the ‘since we’ve got Lee bowyer, we’re fucking dynamite’ is totally the case.
  • Bowyer's contract running only until the end of June is something that will help, rather than hinder, the sale. He's clearly committed to do everything he possibly can to get the club promoted, in part because - I assume - he will want another contract or extension. But at the same time, with his contract being up at the end of the season, potential owners needn't worry about the cost of getting rid of him, if they have their own plans.

Not having Bowyer under a long-term contract isn't something that that is likely to impede the sale of the club.
  • If the mythical new owners wanted to keep the fans onside (unlike the current wazzock who did everything possible to antagonise the supporters/customers) they would renew Lord Bowyer's contract.

Lord Bowyer is the new Llewellyn, Earl of Wembley and he can reign for as long.
  • If the mythical new owners wanted to keep the fans onside (unlike the current wazzock who did everything possible to antagonise the supporters/customers) they would renew Lord Bowyer's contract.

Lord Bowyer is the new Llewellyn, Earl of Wembley and he can reign for as long.

No reason for them to replace him, especially as at this level he's a "big name".
  • Still early for admirers IMO. His reputation within the game will put a few people off aswell. Could have seen Leeds going for him if they weren’t doing well.
  • I have more man love for Bow, than Powell, just fucking love the bloke as player and Manager
  • Sponsored links:

• I have more man love for Bow, than Powell, just fucking love the bloke as player and Manager

Okay...
  • Derek1952 said:

Oh god no
  • edited January 2019

Derek1952 said:

Or Gary Rowett perhaps?
    Gary Rowett had his chance at Charlton.
  • edited January 2019
    I'm hopeful that we're in kind of the Goldilocks zone with Bowyer. Obviously he's done a great job and we're going well. But because he's still relatively new to management, I don't think it's that likely that he'll have lots of suitors. So if we're being realistic, who would come in for him? Struggling Championship clubs or big League One sides. Apart from maybe Sunderland and Portsmouth, there aren't significantly bigger League One sides. And I could only see it happening with those two sides if they lost their managers (which is possible, but feels unlikely).

If we keep doing well and are in and around automatic promotion, he might look at a struggling Championship side and think "if I just stay put I'll be where they are in a a few months."
  • SDAddick said:

I'm hopeful that we're in kind of the Goldilocks zone with Bowyer. Obviously he's done a great job and we're going well. But because he's still relatively new to management, I don't think it's that likely that he'll have lots of suitors. So if we're being realistic, who would come in for him? Struggling Championship clubs or big League One sides. Apart from maybe Sunderland and Portsmouth, there aren't significantly bigger League One sides. And I could only see it happening with those two sides if they lost their managers (which is possible, but feels unlikely).

If we keep doing well and are in and around automatic promotion, he might look at a struggling Championship side and think "if I just stay put I'll be where they are in a a few months."

But he wouldn't be working for RD
  • SDAddick said:

Why would that make a difference. Obviously Bowyer (like all managers) would like a bigger budget, but otherwise RD is a perfect owner for him now as he's never there and has no interest in the club whatsoever.
  • edited January 2019

SDAddick said:

True, and I'm sure he'd prefer that, but it's a case of short term versus long term gain. A takeover could come through tomorrow and he could have smart owners willing to invest in the club. Or it might not happen until the end of the season, or never, but at that point Bowyer is free to go where he wants and unless we massively implode I doubt his stock will have fallen that drastically. And at that point he won't have to work with RD ever again.

Someone just made this point in the post-match thread, I don't know how much sway RD has in the day-to-day at the club, and he largely seems to be backing Bowyer (does not mean RD should stay, does not mean he is a good owner now). I'm sure there are things Bowyer wants, and should have, both in terms of playing staff and general infrastructure, that he doesn't. But he's working with Gallen who seems excellent, and Jacko who is he doing really well with (yes, he could take Jacko with him) at a club where both of them are revered.
  • LenGlover said:

Bowyer does seem to have a bit of the young Curbs about him as a manager.

I wasn't sure he would be up to it at first but he has done extremely well in adverse circumstances and the players seem to like and respect him.

Indeed, I can see that.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

The fact that there wouldn’t be any compensation to pay when he’s out of contract could make him more attractive.
  • se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

The fact that there wouldn’t be any compensation to pay when he’s out of contract could make him more attractive.
    The amount of money Championship sides are prepared to pay to achieve promotion these days, I doubt the compensation would be a big issue. Look at Stoke, who poached Rowett in May, then Jones in January
  • Chizz said:

Bowyer's contract running only until the end of June is something that will help, rather than hinder, the sale. He's clearly committed to do everything he possibly can to get the club promoted, in part because - I assume - he will want another contract or extension. But at the same time, with his contract being up at the end of the season, potential owners needn't worry about the cost of getting rid of him, if they have their own plans.

Not having Bowyer under a long-term contract isn't something that that is likely to impede the sale of the club.

I actually think its the same with the players, if we go up how many are worth keeping, if we stay down they can't be that good as we have been in league 1 for 3 years.
  • edited January 2019

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

The amount of money Championship sides are prepared to pay to achieve promotion these days, I doubt the compensation would be a big issue. Look at Stoke, who poached Rowett in May, then Jones in January
    If we fall slightly short it might not just be Championship clubs coming-a-calling in June. I would say that, if we think Bowyer is half decent, then having him only have 5 months left on his contract is a major risk.
  • A terrible owner with no interest is better than one with a lot of interest.
  • A terrible owner with no interest is better than one with a lot of interest.

A rich terrible owner who seems to be happy to keep racking up the losses while running it as a going concern is better than a loverly chap, who is overly interested and hasn't got a pot to piss in.
  • Your move ESI! Do the right thing xxx
    On sky last night he was questioned about the takeover and said he was happy with everything being said. I would assume that includes his own contact. Like you I want him signed to a long term contract asap so confident this will happen.