Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*Done Deal - Left Back Ben Purrington on loan from Rotherham*

Comments

• Gallen saying he's a good defender but maybe not such a good attacking full back.

Would like both but prefer a defender who can defend and maybe in our team, which tends to attack more, he'll do that side of things better.
  • Got a Curbs/Powell feeling about this one. Bowyer/Gallen are probably overdue a dud, but I don't think this is going to be the one.

Welcome Ben and good luck!

Pratley has been a bit of a dud, nothing more then average.
  • Gallen saying he's a good defender but maybe not such a good attacking full back.

Would like both but prefer a defender who can defend and maybe in our team, which tends to attack more, he'll do that side of things better.

Doesn't matter if he can't attack as Fosu keeps the ball to himself all the time.
  • We've not had an attacking full-back all season tbf, excepting Mark Marshall in the FA Cup
  • Leuth said:

We've not had an attacking full-back all season tbf, excepting Mark Marshall in the FA Cup

Stephenson
  • Croydon said:

Leuth said:

We've not had an attacking full-back all season tbf, excepting Mark Marshall in the FA Cup

Stephenson
    He's scored some goals but he's a converted central defender! I guess he has attacked more than most
  • Anyway, welcome Lord Purrington, hope you're more Borrowdale than Seaborne
  • Leuth said:

Lewis Page gets forward well enough - not as dynamic running with the ball as JDS was, but he's possibly the best crosser of a ball at the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Wimbledon fans seem disappointed he was recalled so that’s a good sign.

the only bad thing is wimbledon are bottom of the table and have let in 37 goals and hes a defender
    Pickford let in 80 odd goals at Sunderland and ended up as England's number one !
  • Macronate said:

Don’t get this signing at all.

He’s left footed so fills a position we desperately need to address, has been playing regular football and is seemingly ready to slot straight into the team.

Don’t get it all.

It’s ok, Jacko gave him a dead leg before letting him sign so he’s injured for Saturday
  • And he had to agree to George Lapslie kicking a ball at his head for 10 minutes.

Fortunately he seems to have come out of this unscathed.
  • Macronate said:

Don’t get this signing at all.

He’s left footed so fills a position we desperately need to address, has been playing regular football and is seemingly ready to slot straight into the team.

Don’t get it all.

He hasn't met our medical team yet..
    Expect to see him in April.
  • Coat.

Got a fur one?
  • Sounds a decent signing and keen to join.
  • Very disappointed with the paucity of cat related puns so far.

Pawcity. Did you see what I did there?

Just wasn't feline in the mood for more pawful puns
  • Sponsored links:

• Good bit of business this, so far 3 in and none out (fingers and toes firmly crossed).
  • Good bit of business this, so far 3 in and none out (fingers and toes firmly crossed).

Wish we could shut the transfer window..... now!

After getting two flags for a fish pun the other day I've put myself on pawse with them for now.

He's looking forward to playing with Tabby Sarr, Patrick Miaower and Chris Moggy.

Happy now? :wink:
    Purrrfect.
  • Jason Puss to come back as well
  • Karlan Ahairball Grant

• edited January 2019
    Welcome, Ben Purr, aboard the Charlton chariot.

My Womble mate says he's OK but nothing special. And apparently he's quite a nice guy.
  • Wimbledon were the worst side I've seen us play in years back in December. Hopefully it was an off day and this guy will be decent
  • Wimbledon were the worst side I've seen us play in years back in December. Hopefully it was an off day and this guy will be decent

Seen a few people say this, dont think it was so much the defence but even when they played against 10 men they still had 11 men in their own half.

Now I dont remember the game clearly but I dont remember Purrington making any massive errors