Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Fans can't feel part of it if they don't go anymore.
  • PS what ever happened to many of the fans that were going to support the team away instead. Never happened, just the usual faces, as always.
  • PS what ever happened to many of the fans that were going to support the team away instead. Never happened, just the usual faces, as always.

Some of whom are not going to home games.

Rick....what are your views on Jim Whites very disappointing and puzzling Metro article?
  • edited November 2018

PS what ever happened to many of the fans that were going to support the team away instead. Never happened, just the usual faces, as always.

Rick....what are your views on Jim Whites very disappointing and puzzling Metro article?
    I think it's poor, and the idea that his interview has had any effect on protests is obviously nonsensical.
  • MrLargo said:

So basically the only person in the mainstream media who seems to fully recognise all of Duchatalet's faults is our old friend Simon Jordan. Give me strength.

Maybe if you took him to Mexico and braided his bouffant for him he’d lend you the dosh to buy us out of the shit??
  • MrLargo said:

So basically the only person in the mainstream media who seems to fully recognise all of Duchatalet's faults is our old friend Simon Jordan. Give me strength.

I think we should let bygones be bygones and hope that Orange face can take us over.
  • ........not.
  • ........not.

Phew.....had me worried for a minute there Elfy!

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018

A few people have posted above that they don’t see much wrong in White’s comments referring to the fact we are winning and so no longer care who is in charge. To those people, surely if you agree with his comments, then you’re seeing a large increase in home attendance this season from last (excluding the play off home game), which isn’t the case.

A large amount of fans are continuing to stay away from The Valley even though we are in a play off position. Many of us wish we could return and enjoy the likes of new exciting players such as Taylor and Cullen, but it’s sadly not an option until new owners arrive. Instead we sit at home on a Saturday and search for a stream or enjoy the posts from Ross and others.

Home support (excluding away fans) is down five and a half per cent year on year based on the first ten games, even on the club’s official figures.
  • So card, what the response to JW's article, or are you going to just let it go?. Surely the pressure needs to be kept up!.
  • edited November 2018
    ross1 said:

A few people have posted above that they don’t see much wrong in White’s comments referring to the fact we are winning and so no longer care who is in charge. To those people, surely if you agree with his comments, then you’re seeing a large increase in home attendance this season from last (excluding the play off home game), which isn’t the case.

A large amount of fans are continuing to stay away from The Valley even though we are in a play off position. Many of us wish we could return and enjoy the likes of new exciting players such as Taylor and Cullen, but it’s sadly not an option until new owners arrive. Instead we sit at home on a Saturday and search for a stream or enjoy the posts from Ross and others.

Thank you, I am pleased I can bring pleasure to fans who would rather be at The Valley and anyone else who wants to keep in touch on matchday. I know my comments are not as good as Redmidland used to do, but as long as it helps
    You’re much better Ross, @Redmidland was rubbish.

Sorry RM, just joking :wink:

@ross1 is good though :smiley:
  • @ross1 You're doing a sterling job mate, I follow when I can but its not always possible. Keep up the good work many many people rely on your match threads, you, like I did, provide a service for fans that cant or currently wont go to the games.

Echo this, the match threads are my Saturday fix and hugely appreciated, both now and as they were with RM.
    Thanks chaps.

But you always go to the aways. You are one of the usual faces.
    I was referring to the many that said they would do the aways instead of the homes.
    It never happened as expected, bar maybe a few.
    Has anyone got the stats for our away following in the last 5 seasons ?

I was referring to the many that said they would do the aways instead of the homes.
    I think we all know who will rise to that challenge

I think we all know who will rise to that challenge
    SeriouslyRidiculous rarely posts on here now.
  • Sponsored links:

I'll take a stab at an 800 average, although would be a lot different if you take away the London derbies.
  • Just waiting for @oohaahmortimer to nibble on that gross exaggeration!
  • This season our approximate away attendance is just over 700 per game. But this is without the Bradford game as can’t find the away numbers anywhere.

Not sure how that looks next to the figures for past few seasons.
  • @ross1 You're doing a sterling job mate, I follow when I can but its not always possible. Keep up the good work many many people rely on your match threads, you, like I did, provide a service for fans that cant or currently wont go to the games.

Thank you Redmidland, I will do my best
  • edited December 2018

This season our approximate away attendance is just over 700 per game. But this is without the Bradford game as can’t find the away numbers anywhere.

There were 423 Addicks at Bradford.

Source = Click on this link, choose the live text tab and scroll down this page to 16:22 (about the hour mark).

https://bradfordcityfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201819/september/bradford-city-vs-charlton-athletic-on-15-sep-18/
  • edited December 2018

This season our approximate away attendance is just over 700 per game. But this is without the Bradford game as can’t find the away numbers anywhere.

There were 423 Addicks at Bradford.

Source = Click on this link, choose the live text tab and scroll down this page to 16:22 (about the hour mark).

https://bradfordcityfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201819/september/bradford-city-vs-charlton-athletic-on-15-sep-18/
    Thanks mate. So that makes our average away attendance 675 this season.

Luton and Southend the only games we’ve taken over 1000 so far.

If 50 people say they’ll go to aways on social media it probably looks like many were saying it. It’s not enough to be noticeable in attendances though. Especially if they don’t go regularly, just to more then they usually would.

Not entirely true. I went to about half the away games last season and the previous one. The only one I’ve missed this season is Bradford.