Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
So January is fast coming around and the rumours start . Ketts yesterday linked us to George Dobson from Walsall a young cm. What position would other people like to see us strengthen in and any names ???

Comments

• I would imagine we could be saying goodbye to Aribo and Taylor . As for players coming in maybe someone on loan if we’re lucky .
  • Well we're defo after a left back so that will be a loan for sure I reckon a centre back aswell as Bauer could go if a fee is involved as his contract is up soon
  • Unless they are giving them away, why would the owner spend any money on transfer fees?
  • edited November 2018
    Bowyer said a while back a left back on loan is a priority
  • I would imagine we could be saying goodbye to Aribo and Taylor

So soon?? :(
  • Croydon said:

didn't @Redhenry say he'd been told RD was going to spend big?

On duct tape.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

On duct tape.
    Bandaging Lewis Pages knees together.
  • id like us to go for walsall lb leahy. good player lots of potential and a great cross on him. thought he was their best player against us.
  • edited November 2018
    Reckon you’re looking at a troll account. He’s just tweeted that they’re resigning Kevin Nolan as manager as well.

Plus the owner sold the club five hours ago and their goalkeeper coach is signing for Forest...
  • Croydon said:

When he's supposedly made it clear that he wants out, why would he suddenly spend big after 4+ years of spending fuck all?
  • Blucher said:

My big worry about January concerns the raft of players moving into the last 6 months of their contracts, including Bauer (who has already publicly said he won't re-sign), Fosu, Aribo and Grant. I fear that the temptation for Duchatelet to cash in on one or more of those players may prove irresistible - especially with no sale of the club on the horizon and another whopping annual loss looming.

It was also widely reported that earlier contract offers to Aribo (and others) were withdrawn by Duchatelet and substantially reduced prior to the start of the season. In those circumstances, it's hardly surprising that the only signature that the club have secured thus far is from the very capable, but injury prone, Lewis Page, who will understandably be glad of the security of another two years.

Although we need to strengthen the squad, I will, quite frankly, be happy if there are no significant departures. That may transpire if the players decide to simply allow their contracts to run down and see what's on offer in the summer, although there is always the risk of sustaining a bad injury.

Boy, do we need a new owner.

This, and it was how I felt over the summer as well. But given Bauer has said he won't sign a new deal, I wouldn't be surprised if Roland accepts any decent offer with up front payments that comes in.

With Fosu and Aribo, a lot will depend on the next 6-8 weeks. They're both really good players at this level on their day, but both have been very inconsistent this year. Unlike Bauer, who would walk in to just about any side in the division and make them better, I think there is more of a risk factor with those two. Given I'd expect both to go to the Championship, I don't think there will be a massive pressing need for a Champo side when they could just get them in the summer for nothing (don't think we even get a tribunal for Aribo because he joined from Staines at like 18/9).

As for additions, as mentioned maybe a LB on loan. Maybe an attacker to replace Ward, depending on what position Billy Clarke is going to play in future. I feel like we could do with another central midfielder depending on how long Cullen is out for. But then you get into a tough situation where I don't think Morgan, Maloney, or Lapslie are ready to play regularly in the League. But, the only player we're likely to get on loan is a promising youngster. And while it worked out with Cullen as he is streets ahead of our three, we might find ourselves in a situation where we're bringing in someone else's youngster for a month or two until Cullen is fit.

Assuming we're out of the cups, I'd like to see Morgan and Maloney go out on loan. Given his position, is style of play, and is slight frame I think Maloney would be really well suited to a loan on the continent, but I can't see that happening. Instead he'll probably end up in the Conference which, apart from having to play at a higher tempo and against more physical players, I'm not sure will teach a player like him all that much.

Lastly, I think Ajose could go, which, if Ward goes, could change the maths up front and might mean we need to bring someone in. My guess is Premier League youngster on loan.
  • Reckon you’re looking at a troll account. He’s just tweeted that they’re resigning Kevin Nolan as manager as well.

Plus the owner sold the club five hours ago and their goalkeeper coach is signing for Forest...
    Was under no illusion that an account of a 17 year old with about a hundred followers was the real deal. But that’s what the rumours thread is all about right :wink: 99% bullshit?
  • Reckon you’re looking at a troll account. He’s just tweeted that they’re resigning Kevin Nolan as manager as well.

Was under no illusion that an account of a 17 year old with about a hundred followers was the real deal. But that’s what the rumours thread is all about right :wink: 99% bullshit?
    Fair enough!! I’m a bit rusty with the old transfer rumour threads...
  • the Ideal would be to move on ajose cause he is uninterested and Sarr/vetekoele because of their wages.

Ward we are told will go back/Bauer will almost certAinly be sold.

If all those left our wage bill would drop hugely as the 4 perms must be amongst our biggest earnings. Use some of that to give better deals to the others out of contract, bring in 2x CB’s, a LB and a Striker plus a Versatile midfielder and Samir Nasri and it’s a decent Jan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Certainly we will lose Aribo.

How certainly is certainly, Shooters?

Waddyer know?

MOM tonight.
  • I don't think Bauer will leave in January unless someone really good comes in for him.

I think he'll stay to the end of the season. IF we go up and have an ambitious new owner he might sign a new contract, otherwise he'll go on a free in the summer
  • Redrobo said:

Certainly we will lose Aribo.

MOM tonight.
    Did he play?!
  • I don't think Bauer will leave in January unless someone really good comes in for him.

I think he'll stay to the end of the season. IF we go up and have an ambitious new owner he might sign a new contract, otherwise he'll go on a free in the summer

Dont forget he'll be able to talk to foreign clubs from January as well so they'll be able to tempt him to move to them on a free by offering a nice big signing on fee that an English club wouldnt be able to offer on top of a transfer fee in January
  • Other than potentially BFG(who I doubt as he has had a little while out injured) will leave in Jan.

People like Aribo and Taylor I think there may be interest but I think they will think stick around a few more months and I might get a promotion to my name and get a better offer, and if ee dont get promoted as long as I perform well I will still get a move in the summer.

Roland will think he can get more if he sticks around and we get promoted.

As I said because he was injured the interest if BFG may have died down a bit again until the summer
  • Agreed Bauer will go, if a Champ team offers 200k we will accept.