Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where to have a drink at Walsall tonight

Anybody heading for a pre-match drink tonight be aware that 'The Saddlers Club' has closed down due to financial difficulties,alternatives are in the guide below.
PUBS FOR AWAY FANS
Alas, the Saddlers Club situated just outside the stadium is no longer available to away supporters. Close to the ground, just a short walk along Bescot Crescent from the away end is the Park Inn Hotel, which has a bar and shows Sky Sports. Usually, there is a good mix of home and away fans inside. Otherwise, the nearest pub to the stadium is 'King George V' on Wallowes Lane. It is okay, but again understandably busy which can make it a bit difficult to get served quickly. It is about a 15 minute walk away, opposite the Morrisons Supermarket. If you are walking from the stadium, go out of the official car parks and down towards McDonalds. Go past McDonalds on your right and take a left hand turn into Wallowes Lane. At the end of the lane, turn left onto the main road and the pub is just setback on the left. Away fans though should avoid the Fulbrook pub near to the ground. Otherwise, after many years of opting not to sell alcohol to away supporters inside the stadium, the Club now serves beer to visiting fans!

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/bescot-banks-stadium-walsall.html#apubs-for-away-fans

Comments

• Shame about the club closing down, was a great place for a pre match drink.

Should have closed Walsall and kept the Saddlers Club open.

Never forgiven them for the 12.30 cancellation about 8 years ago.
    Ditto - parked up, standing in the snow about to get in the Saddlers Club for a few sherberts to find the game was called off.

Got a programme though :smiley:
  • Remember hearing on the car radio that there was to be a 12.30 pitch inspection, so parked up at the next service station awaiting the outcome.
    Can’t remember whereabouts but I think it was about halfway there.....so could have been worse I suppose.
  • Addickted said:

Shame about the club closing down, was a great place for a pre match drink.

Should have closed Walsall and kept the Saddlers Club open.

Never forgiven them for the 12.30 cancellation about 8 years ago.
    Ditto - parked up, standing in the snow about to get in the Saddlers Club for a few sherberts to find the game was called off.

Got a programme though :smiley:
    This was after the 9.30 pitch inspection passed it fit.
  • Remember hearing on the car radio that there was to be a 12.30 pitch inspection, so parked up at the next service station awaiting the outcome.
    Can’t remember whereabouts but I think it was about halfway there.....so could have been worse I suppose.

I ended up at Villa v Blackburn in the FA Cup.
  • edited November 2018
    I’m staying in the hotel next to the ground so will properly have a few in the bar within the hotel.

Just will not make the mistake of ordering a Guinness again like last season
  • I’m staying in the hotel next to the ground so will properly have a few in the bar within the hotel.

Bad tummy next morning?
  • Sponsored links:

Think I ended up at Warwick races.
  • Addickted said:

Remember hearing on the car radio that there was to be a 12.30 pitch inspection, so parked up at the next service station awaiting the outcome.

Think I ended up at Warwick races.
    You had a better afternoon than me then.
  • I’m staying in the hotel next to the ground so will properly have a few in the bar within the hotel.

Bad tummy next morning?
    No they took the £5 odd quid and proceeded to hand me a can warmer than your tucked away wallet
    May I remind you I bought the first round in Manchester the other week.

Bad tummy next morning?
    No they took the £5 odd quid and proceeded to hand me a can warmer than your tucked away wallet
    Just a shame there were another 8 after that round

• Not drinks but the Nepalese has been recommended for food
  • Saw a lad on the underground at Victoria this morning, he was wearing a Charlton shirt and had a case of Stella with him, looks like he's sorted his drinking out.
  • clb74 said:

I’m staying in the hotel next to the ground so will properly have a few in the bar within the hotel.

Bad tummy next morning?
    Just a shame there were another 8 after that round
    Important to get the first in.
  • iaitch said:

Saw a lad on the underground at Victoria this morning, he was wearing a Charlton shirt and had a case of Stella with him, looks like he's sorted his drinking out.

Walsall on a cold November night deserves a drink.
  • iaitch said:

Saw a lad on the underground at Victoria this morning, he was wearing a Charlton shirt and had a case of Stella with him, looks like he's sorted his drinking out.

That was elfsborg on the way to work
  • iaitch said:

Walsall on a cold November night deserves a drink.
    He's probably not even going to the game...he just needs a crate of Stella to get through the day as a Charlton fan