Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Fracking Mess!

Comments

• So where exactly does anyone think that the highly contaminated water goes after its used for Fracking?
  • I watched a documentary a while ago about fracking, it showed Americans being able to literally light the water coming out of their taps as a result of fracking. I can't remember the name but I'll try and search it out.

This is something that should NOT be happening.

I assume you’ve all seen Gasland?

• So yeah, watch Gasland!
  • I'm all in favour of fracking within a 30 mile radius of where I live.

As long as it's done under Croydon and Thornton Heath.

I LOL's that and I live 6 miles from the town centre.
  • edited October 2018
    I could fart and register higher on the Richter Scale. The polution aspect is another thing of course, although i let fly this morning and fucking hell...
  • Another earthquake now!!
  • edited October 2018
    coal mining went on for hundreds of years .. I don't think there have been many, reported earthquakes or cave-ins as a result .. there have of course been landslides (Aberfan disaster for example) and serious diseases as a consequence of historical lack of health and safety in the coal mining industry ..
    I can understand the apprehension on the part of people who live in the areas where fracking is happening. However, as stated above, the potential benefits to the UK energy sector could be massive
  • Sponsored links:

• 1.1 tremor now. All going well then!
  • Chaz Hill said:

1.1 tremor now. All going well then!

Its got the hallmarks of a disaster movie. When Michael Caine turns up watch out !
  • Time to stop it! But we won't!
  • edited October 2018
    How many tremor since it started? Each one slightly bigger than the last.
    It's a bit like playing pontoon, they should stick, but they keep on twisting until they burst.
  • This is like The Towering Inferno. Is Richard Chamberlain involved? Needs to be stopped now as Steve McQueen and Paul Newman are dead.
  • This is with just one well operational for a few days...
  • Surely they’ve not hired Keohane to help on the project management side?
  • Quite bad I've only just realised the title says Mess! and not Messi
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to know how much money the fracking industry is putting into lobbying.
  • Chunes said:

Would love to know how much money the fracking industry is putting into lobbying.

However much it is, I bet it's only a tiny "fracKtion" of the wonga they expect to walk away with if allowed to pursue their plans.

And don't think they only have eyes on the far north of these isles... see map https://frack-off.org.uk/locations/ or scroll down this article for a more detailed map of the prospective south east sites https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/acid-drilling-national-parks/
  • None in London so it’s all okay :blush:
  • edited October 2018

coal mining went on for hundreds of years .. I don't think there have been many, reported earthquakes or cave-ins as a result .. there have of course been landslides (Aberfan disaster for example) and serious diseases as a consequence of historical lack of health and safety in the coal mining industry ..
    I can understand the apprehension on the part of people who live in the areas where fracking is happening. However, as stated above, the potential benefits to the UK energy sector could be massive

And that's why this world will be much, much better off when we're gone.
  • The fracking site is about a 15 minute drive from me. Most of the local people seem to be apathetic about the whole thing. They are more infuriated by the delay in traffic caused by protesters as the site is on the only main route out of the Fylde. Lancashire County Council rejected the fracking proposals but were overruled by central government. All level of Councils seem to be currently keeping a low profile on the issue. This is a strong Conservative area.
  • edited October 2018
    "Why does fracking have such a stigma when 90% of people don't know what it is?" (quote by fracker in the ES article)

Well, well, so the frackers are calling green liberal-lefties ignorant? No irony intended in that quote, obviously. Unbiased surveys of people opposed to and in favour of fracking show that the opponents are very well informed and have read up on the subject, while the people who say "why not just get on with it?" are the ones who don't have a Scooby what it entails.
  • edited October 2018
    I

"Why does fracking have such a stigma when 90% of people don't know what it is?" (quote by fracker in the ES article)

Well, well, so the frackers are calling green liberal-lefties ignorant? No irony intended in that quote, obviously. Unbiased surveys of people opposed to and in favour of fracking Brexit show that the opponents are very well informed and have read up on the subject, while the people who say "why not just get on with it?" are the ones who don't have a Scooby what it entails.

Fixed that for you ;0)

• edited October 2018

I

Well, well, so the frackers are calling green liberal-lefties ignorant? No irony intended in that quote, obviously. Unbiased surveys of people opposed to and in favour of fracking Brexit show that the opponents are very well informed and have read up on the subject, while the people who say "why not just get on with it?" are the ones who don't have a Scooby what it entails.

Fixed that for you ;0)

The merest smidgen of a such a thought had never so much as fleetingly crossed what passes for a mind in my case. I obviously just stigmatise without cause.
  • Footage of the OB dealing with a 79yo woman who made cups of tea on the anti-fracking frontline at a site about nine miles from my house. Exploration of that site has stopped for the foreseeable.

https://youtu.be/HpCE8kZh63o