Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pantomime

Good afternoon all,
Random question I know but does anyone reccomend any good pantomimes they go and see? Anyone know if dartford or Bromley are any good?? I have heard very good things about Greenwich theatre panto every year. Thanks!!

Comments

• always take the kids along each year just before Christmas. Doing Dartford again this year on the 23rd Dec.

Last year we went to Sevenoaks and I thought it was a much better to be honest
  • Used to take my two when they were young to the Hazlitt Theatre in Maidstone. Always a good show.

That was the thick end of 20 years ago though!
  • Snow White at the London Palladium has s very good cast, normally Orchard at Dartford is good as well.
  • I doubt whether anywhere can compete with Lesley Joseph in Cinderella at the Churchill Theatre in Bromley.
  • Who are Millwall playing at Christmas?
  • The panto at Greenwich theatre is far superior to most. Written and produced by Andrew Pollard it is a real traditional panto with professional actors and not X-Factor nobodies or faded soap stars. Great music, modern and old and plenty of humour for both adults and kids. Book early!
  • Snow White at the London Palladium has s very good cast, normally Orchard at Dartford is good as well.

I'm taking my daughter to see this in December.

We've been to the Bob Hope Theatre in Eltham for the last couple of years and both shows have been fantastic (and tickets are only a tenner). It's obviously an amateur production but that kind if adds to the fun of it. Proper old school dames and because it's a small venue, plenty of audience participation.

• Is there such a thing as a good pantomime?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there such a thing as a good pantomime?

Oh yes there is
  • Oh no there isn't
  • Orchard at Dartford is usually good fun - go there most years

Might try something different this year
  • About 100 of us usually go to Dartford, pretty good if Panto is your thing.

If your kids are still young, join them up to The Oddfellows, they get a free ticket each year and a goody bag.
  • Went to Wimbledon theatre last year, which is a great venue.
    Paul Merton is starring in Aladdin this year.
  • Sinderella with Jim Davidson, Charlie Drake et al...
  • I reccomend Cinderella at the Bob Hope theatre , Eltham. Nothing to do with my son being in it
  • Not the greatest lineup at Orchard this year.
  • I reccomend Cinderella at the Bob Hope theatre , Eltham. Nothing to do with my son being in it

I thought it was Alladin this year?
  • Just booked for Bromley. Went last year and it was great but I have little to compare it to having not been for 30 years before that! Got discounted tickets through the boys school
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry it is Aladdin
  • Have been to Greenwich the last 10 years or so and would thoroughly recommend it
  • Have been to Greenwich the last 10 years or so and would thoroughly recommend it

Are you friends with the Big Bad Wolf yet? :wink:

Oh no you haven't
  • RedChaser said:

Have been to Greenwich the last 10 years or so and would thoroughly recommend it

He's behind him...................wallop
  • RedChaser said:

Have been to Greenwich the last 10 years or so and would thoroughly recommend it

He's behind him...................wallop
    What Red Riding Hood needed was a pest controller rather than a Woodman...…….anyone know of one? :wink:
  • edited October 2018

Rob7Lee said:

About 100 of us usually go to Dartford, pretty good if Panto is your thing.

If your kids are still young, join them up to The Oddfellows, they get a free ticket each year and a goody bag.

Leeds would have taken more.
    Oh no they wouldn’t...