Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale away(27/10/18) advanced purchase train tickets

Depart Euston 7.43 to arrive Wolverhampton 9.37

Depart Wolverhampton 9.37 to arrive Wigan 10.37

Depart Wigan 19.29 to arrive in Wolverhampton 20.34

Depart Wolverhampton 20.45 to arrive in Euston 22.53

Each of these four legs cost £8 single before any railcard discounts. To achieve these prices you MUST book four separate tickets, BUT you stay on the train and you do not have to change. If you book a London to Wigan return ticket it will cost you a minimum of £46 return as opposed to £32.00 A return paid on the day from Wigan to Rochdale is £6.30, again before a railcard discount.

The Anvil behind Wigan Wallgate is only a five minutes walk from North Western, is a fantastic boozer and VERY cheap.

Clive, my fellow rail travel expert deserves a very big pat on the back for finding this way of getting to the game.

Other ways of getting to Rochdale are via Manchester Piccadilly which means a 20 minutes walk to Victoria. You can also travel to Leeds and change for a train to Rochdale. Both of these ways will be a lot more expensive than going via Wigan.

Comments

• edited August 2018

Each of these four legs cost £8 single before any railcard discounts. To achieve these prices you MUST book four separate tickets, BUT you stay on the train and you do not have to change. If you book a London to Wigan return ticket it will cost you a minimum of £46 return as opposed to £32.00 A return paid on the day from Wigan to Rochdale is £6.30, again before a railcard discount.

The Anvil behind Wigan Wallgate is only a five minutes walk from North Western, is a fantastic boozer and VERY cheap.

Clive, my fellow rail travel expert deserves a very big pat on the back for finding this way of getting to the game.

Other ways of getting to Rochdale are via Manchester Piccadilly which means a 20 minutes walk to Victoria. You can also travel to Leeds and change for a train to Rochdale. Both of these ways will be a lot more expensive than going via Wigan.

If three adults are travelling via Leeds it's about £37
  • edited September 2018
    £24 [15.85] Advance single tickets available between Euston /Manchester Piccadilly are still available,day return £6.30[£4.15]Manchester Victoria/Rochdale.
    At present there is no Northern Rail strike action planned for 27/10/18,but this could change.If a strike is called for this date,people can also use the tram between Manchester Piccadilly/Rochdale.
    Railcard fares in brackets.
  • Depart Euston 7.43 to arrive Wolverhampton 9.37

How far (Walk) between Wigan Wallgate? I have done Glasgow to Rochdale on Trainline and is advising going through Manchester which is a change at Preston anyway.
  • edited September 2018

How far (Walk) between Wigan Wallgate? I have done Glasgow to Rochdale on Trainline and is advising going through Manchester which is a change at Preston anyway.
    Dont think you will get a reply, Elfs is preparing for his two Christmas jobs, Panto and santa's grotto

The 2 Wigan stations are less than 5 minutes apart

Wigan Central is a really good real ale place, around the corner from North Western

The 2 Wigan stations are less than 5 minutes apart

Wigan Central is a really good real ale place, around the corner from North Western
    Cheers, might take that option then. Although the Real Ale isn't for me, maybe in a few years time though haha.
  • edited October 2018
    FFS.

Any idea of price of a cab from Rochdale to Manchester?
  • 31 min (14.1 mi) via A56 and M62.
    I'd hazard a guess at £30.
  • Sponsored links:

• In today's strike emergency timetable,there is an hourly train service between Manchester Victoria/Rochdale,if this is the case on the 27th,there should be no problems,there is also the tram service between Manchester /Rochdale.
    https://be803fe5c416e39d38ae-aa21086260d3bd4e072d597fe09c2e80.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/images/timetables/bucket/leeds---manchester-victoria-1131.pdf
  • East Terrace will you ever get to Rochdale?

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-45835578?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s</bloc

NOT the news I'd hoped to hear on our return from holiday.

I'm currently in the long process of reclaiming monies from the strike affected Bradford trip and now this...

We have tickets from Euston to Rochdale via Manchester Victoria so once again will be caught for a taxi fare or tram.

As there are only 3 of us travelling , both ways at around £30 for a cab adds a fair whack on the total outlay so not keen to do this again.

Does anyone know apprx how long the tram takes, please?

• Just looked for you Fanny. Looks like 13-25 mins, depending on which tram you get.

https://my.tfgm.com/#/journeys/
  • Just looked for you Fanny. Looks like 13-25 mins, depending on which tram you get.

Aw, thanks, CE.

Not quite sure where you get your times from. The tram takes over 45 mins up to an hour. Train is about 15 mins into Victoria but have to then get across town, 20 min walk or there is a tram
  • edited October 2018
    Sorry Fanny, looks like Redman is correct & I've misread the app. 48/49 mins & you've presumably a 20 min walk from Manchester Piccadilly to Victoria.

I think getting a cab/uber from Piccadilly looks best if you get 4 or more together.
  • From Manchester Piccadilly you can either get a tram & change at St Peters Square or Victoria.There are also courtesy [free] buses outside Piccadilly which go to Victoria.
    I will do a bit more research & post more details nearer the day of the match.
  • If the distance of 1 mile is too far to walk, then a tram is easy from Piccadilly to Victoria I believe. The tram system in Manchester is pretty efficient.
  • Hi @clive when would you likely do the Blackpool prices section? 8th December the game. Ta
  • Sorry Fanny, looks like Redman is correct & I've misread the app. 48/49 mins & you've presumably a 20 min walk from Manchester Piccadilly to Victoria.

I think getting a cab/uber from Piccadilly looks best if you get 4 or more together.

Your no elfsborg
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

Hi @clive when would you likely do the Blackpool prices section? 8th December the game. Ta

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/83238/blackpool-advance-train-tickets-8-12-18#latest
  • Northern Rail due to be on strike again though it seems that there have a couple of trains an hour on strike days from Manchester Victoria to Rochdale if you want to take a slightly shorter train. But that said there always seemed to be trains to and from Bradford Forster Square on strike days until the day we played them and it was a mad rush to Interchange.
  • The timetable for Saturday has now been published.
    Dep Manchester Vic 10.56 arr Rochdale 11.17
    11.17 arr Rochdale 11.43
    No trains until.

12.56 arr Rochdale 13.10
    13.17 arr Rochdale 13.43
    13.56 arr Rochdale 14.10
    14.17 arr Rochdale14.43
    Note the gap between the 11.17 & 12.56 services.
    Return trains Dep Rochdale 17.10 arr Man Vic 17.24
    17.50 arr Man Vic 18.10
    18.10 arr Man Vic 18.24
  • Thanks clive. As booked on train that will get me Man Vic at 12, will need a pub near Man Vic. Any good suggestions?
  • Many thanks, Clive.

Might be a really silly question but will trains run from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria ?
  • Many thanks, Clive.

Might be a really silly question but will trains run from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria ?

Yes
  • Many thanks, Clive.

Yes
    so there is no misunderstanding I think this is the metrolink (Manchester's equivalent of underground, although does go overground for large parts). This does eventually go to Rochdale but takes a lot longer. Something like 45 mins from Victoria compared to 15 for train.
  • Many thanks, Clive.

From Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Victoria catch a tram [Metrolink] which has Bury as its destination,this will save changing trams or there are free buses outside Piccadilly at the front of the station,details below,it looks as though bus route 2 will be the fastest bus to Victoria.
    https://www.tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/metroshuttle
    or for people who don't mind walking it takes about 15 minutes & is quite well signposted.
  • I need to get back from Rochdale to make the 18.55 from Picadilly, picking luggage up from the Midland hotel (I’m on a course there now till Sat lunch) on route. I thinking this should just be achievable on foot once back in Manc!?!