Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cutting to the chase!

Firstly can I ask for a bit of slack about starting a new thread re EFL /Duchatalet meeting. The reason being that there is a burning question that seems not to have been broached and one that I feel is so important that I didn’t want my post to be lost, tucked away somewhere in another thread.
Quite simply, did Harvey tell him that the asking price is way too high and that until the price is lowered to a more realistic level that there simply ain’t gonna be a fucking sale not now, not ever, so how will this ridiculous saga be resolved.......is Duchatalet aware of that one simple fact and was it likely that Harvey impressed that upon him?
Your views are of course going to be very interesting.

Comments

• No one can "make him" sell for any price he isn't happy with. I know some people are quite comfortable removing private companies from their legal owners to suit their own agenda, I am not.

"Forcing" compulsory sales for failed owners is very dangerous and should not be an option.
  • Is the price too high when you factor in potential values for Lapslie, Aribo, Grant, etc??
    I think he'll be around until he realises the value of the developed youngsters and others as per his original 'business plan'.

• Is the price too high when you factor in potential values for Lapslie, Aribo, Grant, etc??
    I think he'll be around until he realises the value of the developed youngsters and others as per his original 'business plan'.

As they are all out of contract in the summer they currently have little or no value.
  • se9addick said:

I think in our desperation we are massively over estimating the power of the EFL.

I don’t for one minute.....I realise only too well their abject incompetence and weakness’s.
    However there is nothing preventing them giving their opinions by way of couching it as advice......I think we all know it’s not their business to tell owners what they should and shouldn’t do, however surely a nod and a wink here and there would not be out of order either. I’d like to think Harvey wasn’t a total shrinking violet and laid a few home truths on the line.....whether it was his place to do so or not, after all, what could Duchatalet do about it if he did.
    I just hope he found a way of showing his concerns.......otherwise what was the point of the meeting.
  • se9addick said:

I think in our desperation we are massively over estimating the power of the EFL.

I don’t for one minute.....I realise only too well their abject incompetence and weakness’s.
    However there is nothing preventing them giving their opinions by way of couching it as advice......I think we all know it’s not their business to tell owners what they should and shouldn’t do, however surely a nod and a wink here and there would not be out of order either. I’d like to think Harvey wasn’t a total shrinking violet and laid a few home truths on the line.....whether it was his place to do so or not, after all, what could Duchatalet do about it if he did.
    I just hope he found a way of showing his concerns.......otherwise what was the point of the meeting.
    I just don’t see how he would, and it would be a bit much for him to presume to know Duchatelet’s business better than he does himself.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I just don’t see how he would, and it would be a bit much for him to presume to know Duchatelet’s business better than he does himself.
    And even if this WAS the case, the odds of Duchatalet paying the tiniest bit of attention are miniscule. He's a raging egoist.
  • I think Roland is refusing to lower his asking price in the hope that we win promotion this season.
    If we do get promotion he has a better chance of getting what he wants.
    On the other hand if we don't he will be forced to accept a lower offer.
    Either way we are stuck with him for the rest of this season imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

I very much doubt he would even have touched on the price ... it is completely outside his mandate and, as such, he would have avoided the issue completely.

On this issue, he must remain completely neutral or could lay himself (and the EFL) open to all sorts of accusations.

What was the point of the meeting? It ticked a box, no more. We get no benefit from it despite our expectations.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Is the price too high when you factor in potential values for Lapslie, Aribo, Grant, etc??

As they are all out of contract in the summer they currently have little or no value.
    And, if Roland is still around, will all walk during the summer leaving us with nothing.
  • I think Roland is refusing to lower his asking price in the hope that we win promotion this season.

But that idea could just go on for years and years if we don’t get promoted.

Yep
    Depressing or what
  • Ya see mate... It's a bunch of cnuts talking to a Belgian cnut. Was never gonna work out was it?
  • stonemuse said:

se9addick said:

I very much doubt he would even have touched on the price ... it is completely outside his mandate and, as such, he would have avoided the issue completely.

On this issue, he must remain completely neutral or could lay himself (and the EFL) open to all sorts of accusations.

What was the point of the meeting? It ticked a box, no more. We get no benefit from it despite our expectations.
    There are ways and means Harvey could easily convey the message that the price is too high without it being in any way inappropriate and thus leaving himself or the EFL open to any kind of legal ramifications.
    Anyway.....we’re the talks formal or informal?
  • stonemuse said:

se9addick said:

There are ways and means Harvey could easily convey the message that the price is too high without it being in any way inappropriate and thus leaving himself or the EFL open to any kind of legal ramifications.
    Anyway.....we’re the talks formal or informal?
    Neither ... a tick box exercise .., waste of time.

Yup
  • My view is, it's a stupid question and absolutely not worth a new thread on the most done to death subject since the rights and wrongs of Scott Parker signing for Chelsea.
  • edited October 2018

My view is, it's a stupid question and absolutely not worth a new thread on the most done to death subject since the rights and wrongs of Scott Parker signing for Chelsea.

Wrong wrong wrong......the subject of whether or not Harvey might have mentioned it in some way has NOT been mentioned and IS worth discussing.
    Obviously not to you pal but certainly to a few others who have commented and seem interested.
    Sorry that I don’t meet up with your ‘oh so high’ expectations and that I have lowered the standards on CL now being set by you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
  • edited October 2018

My view is, it's a stupid question and absolutely not worth a new thread on the most done to death subject since the rights and wrongs of Scott Parker signing for Chelsea.

Didn't see that coming. Well actually I did :smile:
    I actually deleted that just seconds after I posted it.....quick off the mark there Covered End.
    Oh well.

• I just deleted mine. You need to do the same for your last post.
  • I just deleted mine. You need to do the same for your last post.

Cheers CE.