Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Jamie Ward is one of those players your aware of in the Football League yet never realised the sort of player or how good he was prior to joining Charlton - Hopefully we can get him to stay, why the hell would Forest want him back in January if he's saying what he is in that first article, although as already mentioned it must be to try and sell him on
  • Always stood out for me whenever he played against us. Not sure if RD will want the loan extended...
  • Always stood out for me whenever he played against us. Not sure if RD will want the loan extended...

Because RD never likes a loan?
  • Ward is 32 and needs to be playing as regularly as possible .. he's much more likely to get that with us than with the Trees .. he's always been a hard working and industrious as well as underrated player .. we have vastly improved for his presence .. I'd love to see him stay
  • Ward is 32 and needs to be playing as regularly as possible .. he's much more likely to get that with us than with the Trees .. he's always been a hard working and industrious as well as underrated player .. we have vastly improved for his presence .. I'd love to see him stay

I would to, for the rest of the season, maybe next season if we are still in league 1. A 33 year old Jamie Ward won't cut it in the championship I am afraid.
  • edited October 2018
    Hope he stays. Very good player.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Ward is 32 and needs to be playing as regularly as possible .. he's much more likely to get that with us than with the Trees .. he's always been a hard working and industrious as well as underrated player .. we have vastly improved for his presence .. I'd love to see him stay

I would to, for the rest of the season, maybe next season if we are still in league 1. A 33 year old Jamie Ward won't cut it in the championship I am afraid.
    He's more than capable of cutting in the championship if he's fit. It depends what level you're talking about - midtable or promotion challenge?
  • Not opposed to Ward remaining based on ability but by his own admission he’s only going to be able to contribute 60 - 70 minutes due to fitness issues. Not sure that’s the sort of signing that’s worth a risk when the budget is that tight. 60 - 70 minutes could easily become something less. We already have to nurse Chris Solly and having two “key” players unavailable due to not being regularly fit is very disruptive to the manager.
  • Not opposed to Ward remaining based on ability but by his own admission he’s only going to be able to contribute 60 - 70 minutes due to fitness issues. Not sure that’s the sort of signing that’s worth a risk when the budget is that tight. 60 - 70 minutes could easily become something less. We already have to nurse Chris Solly and having two “key” players unavailable due to not being regularly fit is very disruptive to the manager.

Surprised if he stays past Jan.
  • Sponsored links:

Do we? - He's not missed a minute of this season in the League

Granted got injured at the end of last season yet wasnt that a different issue to the usual problem though?
  • Jed Steer doesn't have a great injury record.

Do we? - He's not missed a minute of this season in the League

Granted got injured at the end of last season yet wasnt that a different issue to the usual problem though?
    Over the last 4 years how many games has Solly played before and after Christmas?
  • Wasnt it Ward's pass that set up Karlan for the first on Sat? I had thought it was Reeves at the time. Anyway, it was sublime. If he's got that in his locker he's well worth a punt for the season.
  • Wasnt it Ward's pass that set up Karlan for the first on Sat? I had thought it was Reeves at the time. Anyway, it was sublime. If he's got that in his locker he's well worth a punt for the season.

Yes it was
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Ward is 32 and needs to be playing as regularly as possible .. he's much more likely to get that with us than with the Trees .. he's always been a hard working and industrious as well as underrated player .. we have vastly improved for his presence .. I'd love to see him stay

He's more than capable of cutting in the championship if he's fit. It depends what level you're talking about - midtable or promotion challenge?
    Any if I am being honest, maybe worth 10-15 minutes at the end but wages would be better spent elsewhere.
  • I'd like Ward to stay on for the rest of the season. And I'd like another left back

Ideally we'd have both, but given the choice I'd go for the defender, especially with Clarke coming back
  • How long has Ward got left on his Forest contract ?
  • edited October 2018

How long has Ward got left on his Forest contract ?

Expires next summer as joined Forest on a four year deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33361803

So he'd be worth very little if they tried to sell him in January. A token fee would get him
  • Sponsored links:

So he'd be worth very little if they tried to sell him in January. A token fee would get him
    I would expect him to be free but would want at least a 18 month contract.

I would think no fee but just getting him off their wages would be Forests aim. If it’s true and why wouldn’t it be that Ward is himself saying he only has 60 - 70 mins in him these days I think he might find it quite hard securing new a contract next summer. Could be worth a contract in January for us and see what we actually get out of him. Good player at our level but his fitness is a concern.

• edited October 2018
    LouisMend said:
    Tis good to read, but it ain't gonna be up to him is it?
    Roly ain't sanctioning any outgoing fees and ever reduces LB's playing budget.
    The pint pot from which LB has to squeeze his quart's worth of squad, shrinks ever smaller.
    Part season loanees like Ward are the next obvious departures, after any incoming fee generating sales the loathsome old twunt rushes through. But it's alright there's a procedure agreed with the buyers to account for player sales FFS
  • LouisMend said:
    Tis good to read, but it ain't gonna be up to him is it?
    Roly ain't sanctioning any outgoing fees and ever reduces LB's playing budget.
    The pint pot from which LB has to squeeze his quart's worth of squad, shrinks ever smaller.
    Part season loanees like Ward are the next obvious departures, after any incoming fee generating sales the loathsome old twunt rushes through. But it's alright there's a procedure agreed with the buyers to account for player sales FFS
    Hardly seeing that it was RD who sanctioned the loan signing of Ward in the first place in August. I believe Bowyer when he says that he agreed a wages/loan budget with RD in the summer, and that the owner kept to his word on this.
  • Came on as sub for NI but then limping.
  • Came on as sub for NI but then limping.

Good lad. Limping out of the next game so he is fit for next weekend. 🤞
  • Redrobo said:

Came on as sub for NI but then limping.

Good lad. Limping out of the next game so he is fit for next weekend. 🤞
    Fly back to London, make a quick recovery, play in our FA Cup game next Tuesday :smile:

I notice Magennis didn't feature at all, he was on the bench for N Ireland
  • I don’t watch as many games as I used to but against Mansfield he was bloody awful. Not only technically but also showed a massive lack of desire.
  • Valley11 said:

I don’t watch as many games as I used to but against Mansfield he was bloody awful. Not only technically but also showed a massive lack of desire.

So would you with the like of Marshall and ajose playing next to you