Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oh Sarf London, is wonderful...

Not sure if this piece, from the Guardian the other day, has been posted elsewhere on the forum but definitely an interesting read about the hot bed of talent from South of the Thames. And always good to hear us get a small recognition in the national media.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/12/why-future-england-squads-will-have-heavy-south-london-accent

Comments

• Yeah, great piece. Nice to read something positive about South London!
  • It mentions a couple of players from Croydon surely that's Surrey not Sarf London?

Allthough Sarf London is Palace's, well according to the Holmesdale Wankers.
  • Geographically, Charlton is actually more East London than South...
  • Riviera said:

Geographically, Charlton is actually more East London than South...

Yeah but its an SE postcode so good enough for me
  • Riviera said:

oooh controversial, is your mum and dads house in London or kent?
  • Also, no mention of Millwall.
  • Riviera said:

Its in both...

they're in Bexleyheath still which is a London Borough yet part of the County of Kent as is a DA7 post code
  • Riviera said:

Its in both...

they're in Bexleyheath still which is a London Borough yet part of the County of Kent as is a DA7 post code
    the sorting office that their post is sent to is in Dartford hence the DA but the London borough of Bexley isn't part of kent (MET rather than kent police aw swell).
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Anything that doesn't have a proper London postcode (SE,SW,E,NW etc) isn't London.

Orpington in the London Borough of Bromley? My arse.
  • Croydon said:

Riviera said:

Anything that doesn't have a proper London postcode (SE,SW,E,NW etc) isn't London.

Orpington in the London Borough of Bromley? My arse.
    Bromley (as far as I'm concerned) along with Orpington is in KENT!
  • Postcodes are for helping the GPO and no one else. Chelsea's postcode is SW but is north of the river, the river that is hardly a straight line across the diameter of London. London is divided by boundaries not Post Codes. You may have a Dartford post code if you live in Bexley but Bexley is in London not Kent, as Bromley is too. Bexley and Bromley boroughs are policed by the Met not the Kent constabulary.
  • It's all north kent
  • Riviera said:

Postcodes are for helping the GPO and no one else. Chelsea's postcode is SW but is north of the river, the river that is hardly a straight line across the diameter of London. London is divided by boundaries not Post Codes. You may have a Dartford post code if you live in Bexley but Bexley is in London not Kent, as Bromley is too. Bexley and Bromley boroughs are policed by the Met not the Kent constabulary.

Bromley, Bexley, Sidcup and Welling can be policed by Doctor Who if they like, they're not and never will be proper London. What next, you allow Croydon in? No chance.