Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do you sing?

2»

Comments

• Yep.

Went to theatre school, did all my exams etc.

4 years ago or so I had a record deal put in front of me. Not long after that Lil Chris died who was on the label and it got pushed on the back burner and then never happened.

Hey ho.

What do you do now mate? You still in that game?

Nothing to do with singing anymore unfortunately.

9-5!
  • Yep.

4 years ago or so I had a record deal put in front of me. Not long after that Lil Chris died who was on the label and it got pushed on the back burner and then never happened.

Hey ho.

How’s your brother doing these days?
    The old ones are the best... :-)
  • No, I sit in the west stand.
  • No,but Pearls a singer
  • Yes. Sing when I get the chance, do my own material and some judicious covers. Hated singing when I was a kid - had to mime when I got the lead in a school play age 9 because my voice was so bad. Was one of the few who failed the compulsory choir audition at secondary. Around the age of 15 decided I wanted to sing and write music, despite knowing nothing about it. Have done so intermittently since, but rarely record anything (a failing I know).
    Been told I sound a bit like Billy Bragg (i.e. I have an accent); Robert Smith (I tend to sing quite depressing songs); like an English Edwyn Collins (this was a nice comparison, in that I'm trying to sing rather than just shout, not sure I carry it off); with a bit of Johnny Cash thrown in somewhere. I enjoy it. I've been in choirs in the last few years when the chance has arisen - there is definitely something good for the soul/mental balance about singing with other people.

And of course I engage in that last bit of folk music indigenous to the London working class, singing at football, where it doesn't matter if we're particularly tuneful or have a sweet voice, what matters is our voices being in unison and lifting the team. (And the gallows humour that comes from following Charlton).
  • Yes.
    Very well actually.
  • love a good singalong or a bit of karaoke .. I sound like Robert Plant meets King Kong .. there must be a market somewhere for that kinda racket .. when I was a kid one of my primary school teachers called me the town crier .. oh yea oh yea oh yea
  • The 'what' and 'when' people sing is of interest to me.
    As for the 'how well'..?
    I once was so effected by a dream I had, I told it to a mate.
    He sneered and said: "Call that a dream..?" And proceeded to tell me his dream which sounded like a Hollywood blockbuster.
    I apologized and went home thinking : 'I better not give up my day job cause my day dreaming may be even crappier'...
  • aliwibble said:

I can hold a tune, but I can't carry one. And my breath control is rubbish.

It’s easier if you’re not knocking one out at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep.

Hey ho.

Hahahshahah!!

Anyway, I've been known to belt out a good old Irish ballad now and again. Never heard a bad word said.

• Curb_It said:

Yep.

Hey ho.

Hahahshahah!!

Anyway, I've been known to belt out a good old Irish ballad now and again.

Never heard a bad word said.

That's because people are afraid of your headlock. :

• I’ve recorded in a studio many years ago, won karaoke competitions, worked as s backing singer for an act a couple of times, also got up at a few jam sessions in the past, don’t bother much these days
  • Yes I sing a lot. Along with songs in the car mostly. Karaoke if I get dragged to somewhere that does it. And, confession time, me and the missus have several songs we sing when certain things are mentioned, or when we are having certain drinks or food. Mad I know, but a favourite when pouring cola is "Poky, poky poky, poky poky. Poky poky pola"* to the tune of "No limits". Another is "Sausage Ragu" to the tune of "Spotty Muldoon".

What do you mean odd? :lol:

* Basil Brush used to call Coco Cola, Poky Pola.
  • Also do a great rendition of ' I wanna know what love is'

Don't get me started....
  • I like singing football songs to my youngest, who’s 3. But I rework the lyrics so there’s no mention of the team, it’s about him and what he’s up to. I’ve got quite a repertoire, but keep forgetting them until I get reminded by MOTD or something. I really need to record some for posterity.